Major Life Changing Announcements Continue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Life Changing Announcements Continue

Just thought we would check in with everyone here in WABland.

Announcement #1: Confed and I got married on Halloween. The costumes were great!! My sister and little one convinced us all to wear costumes to breakfast, then on to the store to shop for a birthday gift for mini-me's friend, then onto the ceremony, and later to go trick or treating. They were heavy, hot and uncomfortable....but we all had a great time, so it more than made up for it. Everyone involved was a sport and wore their rennaisance wear without hassle. My sisters boyfriend actually had his own and looked better than the rest of us who rented ours...lol. There were pictures taken by our parents and I will think of posting them once they are emailed to us.

Right now we are in the middle of driving from Tampa to Chicago with Robs stuff. We stopped tonight in Carterville, GA. A cute little place from what I can tell, with a lot of clay land and trees in the middle of their fall colors - BEAUTIFUL!!

Announcement #2:
    Rob (Confed999 for the newbies) has decided to quit smoking again. This time with the assistance of Nicorette. Today is day one and he has not yelled or tried to injure anyone, so all is going well. Much better than last time and I am confident that he will do it this time.

Announcement #3:
    Alright, if you are not sitting down, I suggest you do so now...especially those of you that were shocked by the news of Confed and I getting married. About a week and a half before Halloween I started to not feel quite right. I knew almost immediately what was wrong but remained in temporary denial. Since life does not allow a person to deny the obvious for long, we have embraced the idea that, should all go well, we will be shopping for baby furniture soon. Yes, that does mean what you think it means...there is no need to re-read that sentence...confed, Mackenzie and I are going to add another to our trio. If mine and the doctors math is any good, it should be around July 1st 2008...And the WABber family continues to grow!!

:)
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Congratulations !!!!
    3 Hurrays And A Toast !
    If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

....the human adventure is only beginning. :)

Congratulations to both of you. I'm sure your little mini-me can't wait to be a big sister
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Congratulations to both of you THL and Confed,wonderful news:) .
        "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

WELL KNOCK MY SOCKS OFF:)) ..CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH OF YOU..AND A BABY AS WELL......YES, I AM SHOUTING BECAUSE THIS NEEDS A GOOD SHOUT:)) ok its early in the morning in the UK but I'll open a bottle and have a wee dram..:)

Comment

1: WOOHOOOO
            2: lock him in a room for a week
            3: WOOHOOOO

Seriously, I am so happy for the two of you, you've made my week.
            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

w00t!

Hot diggety dam', y'all! GREAT!:)

Comment

*** CHAIR CRACKED *** My congrats. Wow. Just wow.

Comment

Woo hoo! I just spun the chair around while laughing out loud! That's great news! :)) :)) :)) :P :)) :))
                  Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                  (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Congats...may you grow old on the same pillow and smokefree. :))
                    To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Well done all those involved, good news.

Mike
                      sigpic

Comment

A splendid post THL! Many congratulations to Rob and you. I'm so pleased.:)
                        Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Originally posted by THL View Post
                          I have only been married once, Parihaka...and honestly, I don't know that I'll go down that road again.
                          Ah, seems like only yesterday:P :)
                          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Congrats to the three of you:)

Comment

Wow!

Congratulations!:)

Comment

Working...
                              X