Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Free Taco Scam (Thanks anyways Jacobi!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Free Taco Scam (Thanks anyways Jacobi!)

The Boston Red Sox have swept the Colorado Rockies to become Major League Baseball Champion for 2007! Pepsico had a promotion, if a player stole a base, Taco Bell (one of their chain resturaunts), would provide a free taco to every person in America! Jacobi Ellsbury, center fielder for the Red Sox stole second base in Game Two and procured the delicious treat for all of us in the States!
    My joy at this windfall was quickly squashed when the onerous terms placed on securing my prize were revealed. I am only allowed a hard shell taco, soft tacos are right out! The powers that be at Pepsico have opened a three hour window for all of America to get to Taco Bell, from 2 PM to 5 PM on a Monday! Their disingenuous promotion takes place after lunch and before dinner on a day when America is at work! I feel deeply mortified that I ever believed a mulitinational corporation would provide a free lunch to the taco hungry masses in America.
    I will protest this lie purportrated against the America public in the following manner. I will leave work early that Monday. I plan to hit every Taco Bell within driving distance of my place of employment. I will order my free hard taco and pick it up. I will then dash the crunchy meaty treat upon the ground at the counter proclaiming in a loud vioce "Take your free taco and shove it up your a**!" I will carry several disguises with me so that I can hit the same Taco Bell multiple times, I may also eat a taco or two to keep up my strength during the protest.
    I would request that everyone do the same! If we can claim enough free tacos we will be able to affect the stock of Pepsico adversely. Join me in teaching these arrogant corporate scum a lesson! If you live in Mexico or Canada I urge you to cross the border and help us make Pepsico pay for their arrogance!
    FIGHT THE POWER!
    That is all,
    Frank K
    Kill them all, I absolve you.

I've gotta wait until after lunch for my free* taco?

Only one free* taco per customer. Offer valid only in the Continental United States. Must be 18 years or older. Not valid with any other offer or promotion. Customer agrees to pay applicable tax if any. Employees of Taco Bell and their immediate families may not participate in this offer.;)
    Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
    (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Hahaha. Me and my roommate are actually going to go around every single taco bell near the campus and get a free Taco.

Comment

A FREE hard shell taco?! Really?! WoW!!!! I wish I had known this before I came back to work from lunch.
        "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Free taco today? There's a Taco Bell two blocks from my apartment.
          "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

What if you don't really like Taco bell--or at least what their food does to you? ;)
            If you know the enemy and yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu

Comment

Well, at least I know where I'm getting lunch today. ;)
              "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Working...
              X