X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Battle of the Panzers!

Remember to login to cast your vote!

Dear Members,

It is now time to cast your vote for your what you think is the better model tank. This contest has turned into a Battle of the Panzers, a Panzer IV vs. Panzer V (Panther). In the battle of Panzers and votes, which Panzer will come out on top?

Weighing in at 25 tons, Nord's Panzer IV Version D took part in the Ardennes Campaign in 1940, and though originally designed as an infantry support tank, saw extensive use throughout the war. This tank served as the bread and butter of the German Panzer armies.

Weighing in at 45 tons, Shamus's Panzer V (Panther) was designed to counter the T-34, and saw action on both the Eastern and Western Fronts, and was well-known for rounds simply bouncing off its thick armor.

Cast your vote, and may the best tank win!

Ironduke
    Attached Files
    Nord's Panzer IV
    85.00%
    Shamus's Panzer V (Panther)
    15.00%
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Well, Nord's Panzer IV definitely got my vote for the excrutiating fine painting detail right down to leather tie down straps. Must have taken him months just for the painting.

Shamus' Panther is excellent and his selection of camo pattern is terrific -- except for one thing -- he should have gone back over the tools, tow cables, pioneering equipment and other tie down items to make it look like the hull was camo painted and the equipment put back on afterwards.

But then, I wouldn't have probably have the eyes or dexterity left to do that myself.
    Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Nord paid more attention to the details of the physics of the tank.

Shamus's Panther has straight tracks on the top.

Nord's Panzer has tracks that kinda drooped over the wheels and sprockets.

I'm not saying Shamus's Panther is bad. It's 100 times better than mine. It's just Nord beat him out on the details.
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

HooooWeeeee.....well,I know when to concede a poll before midnight .To the two people who voted for me....thank you very much,your checks are in the mail .

Awesome job on your Panzer Nord,I voted for it,your detailing was incredible:) .
        "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I vote the Panzer IV, not only for the wonderful model, also for wonderful
          skill to make the presentation photos. I am impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus View Post
            HooooWeeeee.....well,I know when to concede a poll before midnight .To the two people who voted for me....thank you very much,your checks are in the mail .

Awesome job on your Panzer Nord,I voted for it,your detailing was incredible:) .
            5 , of which of course im one , but the nords is a tad better ,but please send check to , RAC benevolent fund Bovington camp uk,, or if you prefer , send it to me and i will make sure it gets spemtid wiserlly , hic

Comment

Both are detailed, but I agree with the majority. Nord's is more so.
              "I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever."
              - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Nord just pips Shamus to the post on detail..both are very good, well done guys;)

Comment

If these were real Panzers manned by German crews, I think we know what the results would be! Props to Shamus for making the model that would win a real contest. ;) (Though I'm sure Nord has a Panzer V in his collection somewhere -- I'd really like to see it).
                  "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                    (Though I'm sure Nord has a Panzer V in his collection somewhere -- I'd really like to see it).
                    ok just a a little look then...

:P

Panzerkampfwagen V Panther Ausf.G Sd. Kfz. 171

Shamus, what kind of Panther is yours? G?
                    Last edited by Nord; 25 Oct 07,, 10:02.

Comment

Yep,it's a G Nord.That is an awesome Panther Nord,I like how you have shown battle damage and slight rust on the body of the tank,very nice.
                      "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

The gunmantlet looks strange on your Panther... A late edition?

I found the answer..it`s a late model of G´s
                        Last edited by Nord; 25 Oct 07,, 10:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Nord View Post
                          The gunmantlet looks strange on your Panther... A late edition?
                          I'm assuming so,how did you do the rust on your Panther,it looks great and what company made your kit?

Comment

I think it was a Tamayia, but it was almost 10years ago so I don`t really remember...

The rust I made out of....RUST!

I put a piece of metal in water and waited for the rust..then I applied the rusty water, and viola!

Comment

Originally posted by Nord View Post
                              I think it was a Tamayia, but it was almost 10years ago so I don`t really remember...

The rust I made out of....RUST!

I put a piece of metal in water and waited for the rust..then I applied the rusty water, and viola!
                              Can't beat that for realism .

Comment

Working...
                              X