They came in Peace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They came in Peace

23 years ago today terrorist struck the Marine compound at BIA and the French compound. It was the largest non nuclear explosion ever until the OKC bombing. It was also the opening shot of the war on terrorism. We just didn't know it.

220 Marines, 18 Sailors and 2 Soldiers were killed in the blast

One of our WAB members was there. I hope you are fine today Fred. You upheld the traditions of the Navy that day. Job well done, Sailor
    Attached Files

Semper Fidelis

Comment

May they rest in peace.
      "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Semper Fi
        "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Present Arms.

Comment

Firing party - Present Arms.

Ready - Aim - Fire - Fire - Fire.

Firing party, Order Arms.

Comment

RIP, and Semper Fi.
              I stand with Israel.

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                23 years ago today terrorist struck the Marine compound at BIA and the French compound. It was the largest non nuclear explosion ever until the OKC bombing. It was also the opening shot of the war on terrorism.
                Please forgive the apparent cynicism, its not intended, but "the opening shot of the war on terrorism"!??? Can I remind our esteemed colleagues that we were heavily into a long long battle against terrorism from 1969, in Ulster, where the PIRA were funded by the United States. 39 years ago. We were "terrorist" hardened soldiers when the USA thought a uniform was for parades. Also, the "war" in Malaya, post WW2, was fought by British troops against communist terrorists.
                Last edited by Elbmek; 26 May 08,, 12:56.

Comment

Working...
                X