Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Names for the other half (Husband, Wife, Other)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Names for the other half (Husband, Wife, Other)

I asked Dave the meaning of Swampduck,

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mike nickeas
    Swampduck?

me darling wife..(shes just told me to say)

I have never heard of this term of endearment, do any members of the WAB have names for their nearest and dearest, if so please share. :))
    sigpic

Mine - HRH of House
    Bluesman - CINCHOUSE

Comment

Since our word filter has recently been "tweaked," I'd rather not say. :))

Comment

Most of you know that for my daughter her "name" is pocket Ashley. I know she's not my other half, but she is definitely my better half! She makes me laugh and smile!
        “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
        "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
        sigpic

Comment

A rose by another name

One time I called my wife, "Sweetness and light, star of my night, light of my day, kleenex of my love.". "Kleenex of your love?", she asked. I replied, "You're the kleenex of my love and don't let me blow it!". She laughed and said if I added a dog and pickup truck it would make a pretty good country song.
          Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
          (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

My Fiance has this gorgeous, long straight red hair - so I generally call her "Rua" as a pet name, the Irish word for Red, she likes it a lot :) .

Bit iffy about marrying her though - I love her profoundly yet every time I log on I see what marriage has done to our other male patrons :))!
            Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
            - John Stuart Mill.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
              Mine - HRH of House
              Bluesman - CINCHOUSE
              Actually, I call her 'Ole What's-'er-Name'. (back me up on that, dalem and/or TopHatter.) It really is a term of endearment. We're just strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
                Since our word filter has recently been "tweaked," I'd rather not say. :))
                Is he Chinese?
                Bluesman - CINCHOUSE
                What does that mean? Cooking 'in cleaning the house?
                "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                  Is he Chinese?

What does that mean? Cooking 'in cleaning the house?
                  'Commander-in-Chief, House'.

Comment

I just like how this thread is called the "other" half and not the "better" half as is typically used.
                    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Hmm, lets see. Her Indoors when she's not listening, sweetpea when I want something, and "uhh?" when she's talking to me.
                      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

I had one girlfriend I really liked who used to call me "white boy". I referred to her as "la nina bronceada", it sounded so much better than "brown girl". She ended up getting vanity plates saying BRNCEAD.

bronceada en ingles - Diccionario Ingles-EspaƱol WordReference.com
                        Last edited by sappersgt; 24 Oct 07,, 07:05.
                        Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                        (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

I often call my wife "Adeshem" or just "Adesh". That is the Hungarian equivilant to "Schatze" in German meaning "Sweetheart".
                          Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Originally posted by mike nickeas View Post
                            I asked Dave the meaning of Swampduck,

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by mike nickeas
                            Swampduck?

me darling wife..(shes just told me to say)

I have never heard of this term of endearment
                            Endearment I'll have to think up another one:))

Comment

I call my wife Pants. Can't explain why.

Comment

Working...
                              X