Any Nervous Habits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Nervous Habits?

I scratch my forehead...not rub, but actually scratch until there are red marks or scratches. I also flutter my feet or tug at my bottom lip.
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

I do the same with my bottom lip. I also play with random objects that are within the reach of my hands, such as buttons on my jacket.

Comment

Does cocking and un-cocking a .45 while whistling "Moon River" count as a nervous habit??
      "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Yes it does......
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mike nickeas View Post
          Yes it does......
          Uhhh....I have a nervous habit then....heh... .
          "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Does looking through the window, checking wife's mood before entering house count?

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
              Does looking through the window, checking wife's mood before entering house count?
              That sir,is known as a survival skill;) .

Comment

Occasionally bite my nails - not a nice habit I know, detested by my fiance.
                Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
                - John Stuart Mill.

Comment

Degenerating into incoherent mumbling - or rather, incoherently mumble even more than I normally do.
                  HD Ready?

Comment

I have a habit of twirling my hair when I'm nervous. I actually had it written up as distracting by my boss in Korea on my annual report. So, then I was even more nervous and was twirling my hair even more!
                    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
                    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm a pacer.

Not so much a nervous habit, but it overlaps.

At the funeral service for my dad a couple of months ago, while we were waiting to go into the church proper, my uncle came over after a bit and did a nice tension-reliever by imploring me to have pity on the church as they couldn't afford new rugs. ;)

-dale

Comment

Silence. I am generally pretty outgoing until I am nervous, in which case I say nothing. I generally detach myself from situations that cause me to become nervous.

Comment

I tend to move as fast as possible when I'm nervous.
                          Those who can't change become extinct.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                            Does it count if I look through the window to check your wifes mood?:))

Comment

I have a very bad habit of biting my nails, I dont even notice it and I just do it.

I think I might have to try the clear nail polish trick.

Comment

Working...
                              X