What is your addiction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your addiction?

I quit smoking years ago and I drink in extreme moderation (most of the time ;) ), I dont care for chocolate, I could easily go without pop, I dont drink coffee.

My addiction...the thing I buy and then hide from everyone else (even mini-me) is Marshmallow Fluff :)

I also drive too fast. I try not to, and usually succeed when the little one is not with me.

What are you addicted to?
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Caffeine and the WAB;)
    "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Coca-Cola - you Yanks have many issues, but the drink is perfection in a bottle, I thank you for bringing it into my life ;) .
      Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
      - John Stuart Mill.

Comment

A: Eye candy, I don't want to be unfaithful, but getting a load of eye candy makes the day go along nicely, I like pretty thin girls with not so big ***** (just less than a handful :) ).
        B: My family.
        C: The WAB
        sigpic

Comment

Mexican Mochas

Three to five a day.

Here's the recipe. Buy a box of Ibarra or Nestle's Abuleta Mexican chocolate. Typically six chocolate disks to a box.

Select a disk of chocolate and using a serrated-edged knife, press the knife into the pre-formed wedge creases. Each disk will create eight wedges. Break off and put four wedges (one-half a disk) into a twenty ounce beer mug. Just cover the wedges with milk. Sprinkle a light amount of sugar.

I typically use an espresso bean, ground to espresso fineness and then brew an incredibly stiff pot of joe from that. Add coffee to the remainder of the mug and heat in the microwave for one and one-half minutes. Remove, stir aggressively to fully melt the chocolate, and add whipped cream.

You'll think that you died and gone to heaven.

Natch, the alcoholic extension of this is to move this mixture into the realm of a Spanish coffee. I haven't yet, though the combination of a bit of Kahlua and more than a bit of 151 rum would be killer. Quite literally, perhaps.:))
          "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
          "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by THL View Post
            I quit smoking years ago and I drink in extreme moderation (most of the time ;) ), I dont care for chocolate, I could easily go without pop, I dont drink coffee.

My addiction...the thing I buy and then hide from everyone else (even mini-me) is Marshmallow Fluff :)

I also drive too fast. I try not to, and usually succeed when the little one is not with me.

What are you addicted to?
            Drive too fast according to what? Do not base your addiction by those silly road signs that are marked too slow so some ticket happy cop can make his quota. In most places, if you actually drive the posted limit, you create road rage, and may get rear ended. Now on the other hand, if your passengers need a g suit, helmet and an "o **** " handle, you may have some issues.:)
            Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by S-2 View Post
              Three to five a day.

Here's the recipe. Buy a box of Ibarra or Nestle's Abuleta Mexican chocolate. Typically six chocolate disks to a box.

Select a disk of chocolate and using a serrated-edged knife, press the knife into the pre-formed wedge creases. Each disk will create eight wedges. Break off and put four wedges (one-half a disk) into a twenty ounce beer mug. Just cover the wedges with milk. Sprinkle a light amount of sugar.

I typically use an espresso bean, ground to espresso fineness and then brew an incredibly stiff pot of joe from that. Add coffee to the remainder of the mug and heat in the microwave for one and one-half minutes. Remove, stir aggressively to fully melt the chocolate, and add whipped cream.

You'll think that you died and gone to heaven.

Natch, the alcoholic extension of this is to move this mixture into the realm of a Spanish coffee. I haven't yet, though the combination of a bit of Kahlua and more than a bit of 151 rum would be killer. Quite literally, perhaps.:))
              I'm headed for the market...right now
              "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

My addiction is my wife and kids. I would go bonkers if something happened and I could not see them anymore. My second addiction is backpacking and all that entails.It is so sweet to leave the city folk behind and deal with mother nature one-on-one.

S-2.
                Is it snowing on Bachelor yet? Skiing is not my addiction, but it sure is fun.
                Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

I play volleyball. Right now I'm down to three days a week and I feel like I'm missing something. I used to play four days during the week and a tournament on the weekend. I'm slowing down. I think I'm addicted to coffee although I drink decaf. I'm in Starbucks twice a day. But the thing that gives me the most pleasure in being in the air. I don't care where or why as long as I can fly.
                  Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                  (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Bonehead Reply

"Is it snowing on Bachelor yet?"

Yup. The last two days for sure. Should be open in about three weeks. Maybe sooner.
                    "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Dark chocolate! Would that be an addiction or a passion?
                      “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
                      "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
                      sigpic

Comment

I have never heard before "chocolate addiction". It is new for me.

smoke, tea, divx movie collection

Comment

cigarettes and cheese
                          If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

I only drink in moderation every day,..the bar in my house is called Moderation:))

Comment

Originally posted by braindead View Post
                              cigarettes and cheese
                              Together?

Sounds nice ;) !
                              Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
                              - John Stuart Mill.

Comment

Working...
                              X