THL Christmas 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THL Christmas 2007

Last year, if you recall, mini-me and I had Disco XMas with the flashy trees and the disco balls.

The year before it was African Safari XMas with the leopards, tigers and lions.

This year we have decided on The Wizard of Oz XMas!!!

I CANT WAIT!! I am going to start on the ornaments (sparkly red shoes, tin man hats, little tornadoes) next week and then I will create the Emerald City tree topper. At some point I will get some yellow fabric and paint a brick pattern for the yellow brick road.
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Originally posted by THL View Post
    This year we have decided on The Wizard of Oz XMas!!!

I CANT WAIT!! I am going to start on the ornaments (sparkly red shoes, tin man hats, little tornadoes) next week and then I will create the Emerald City tree topper. At some point I will get some yellow fabric and paint a brick pattern for the yellow brick road.
    Who are you going to hire for Munchkins?
    Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
      Who are you going to hire for Munchkins?
      that will be breakfast XMas morning
      "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

THL,

It appears that your Wizard of Oz was a great success for Mini-me's birthday.

You must post your Christmas photos.

Maybe we will be able to organise something like that out here too!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

God damn. It's early October. I understand stores start the holiday season early, to make extra money, but are you really already planning how to celebrate x-mas? I barely plan what I'm going to do tomorrow after classes are over.

Comment

Heard stinking holiday music in the store this week. Agreed, it's October and I don't celebrate that infernal December holiday anyway but I get to look at all the decorations and hear the music until I want to freakin wretch. It's not the only religious holiday in December and it is tiring having the general populous Christmas crap being crammed down my backside starting in October.
            Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

What happened to Halloween?

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
                What happened to Halloween?
                Have you seen what they want for a good size bag of candy these days? Man, I used to buy 7 bags for that price. Halloween used to be my favorite holiday too. Would dress up, decorate the yard, have the music going. Enjoyed it immensely. Ah, those days are but darn fine memories.
                Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

[QUOTE=Debbie;413119] It's not the only religious holiday in December and it is tiring having the general populous Christmas crap being crammed down my backside starting in October.

Down your backside? Are you walking on your hands now?
                  Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

[QUOTE=glyn;413146]
                    Originally posted by Debbie View Post
                    It's not the only religious holiday in December and it is tiring having the general populous Christmas crap being crammed down my backside starting in October.

Down your backside? Are you walking on your hands now?

Glyn, backside was alot more appropriate than what I would have preferred to use.

Comment

[QUOTE=Debbie;413148]

Glyn, backside was alot more appropriate than what I would have preferred to use.

Comment

[QUOTE=Debbie;413148]
                        Originally posted by glyn View Post

Forever the Lady

Comment

Heard stinking holiday music in the store this week. Agreed, it's October and I don't celebrate that infernal December holiday anyway but I get to look at all the decorations and hear the music until I want to freakin wretch. It's not the only religious holiday in December and it is tiring having the general populous Christmas crap being crammed down my backside starting in October.
                          Oh, bah humbug. :(

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
                            Oh, bah humbug. :(
                            Bah! Humbug? That is what unpleasant people say. I'm sorry to mention this Julie, but you appear to be developing into a female Grinch.

Comment

Have you seen what they want for a good size bag of candy these days? Man, I used to buy 7 bags for that price. Halloween used to be my favorite holiday too. Would dress up, decorate the yard, have the music going. Enjoyed it immensely. Ah, those days are but darn fine memories.

I wonder, can they outsource candy factories AND charge more for the candy?

Comment

Working...
                              X