Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NZSAS. can anybody give me more information?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NZSAS. can anybody give me more information?

'Heroes' wait for royal nod
    18 December 2004

The United States calls them heroes in the war on terrorism, but elite soldiers in New Zealand's Special Air Service unit cannot show off their presidential award till the Queen says so.

SAS commander Lieutenant Colonel Peter Kelly was presented with the Presidential Unit Citation last week for the SAS' involvement in the war in Afghanistan from October 2001 to March 2002.

It is believed SAS members will wear a shoulder patch, but need royal consent.

The Government has confirmed the award. However, Green MP Keith Locke said yesterday it seemed embarrassed by the award. The blanket of secrecy over everything the SAS did was bad enough but it was "laughable when they hide the fact that George Bush has given our special forces an award", Mr Locke said.

The citation is for extraordinary heroism in action against an armed enemy in extremely difficult and hazardous conditions.
    Can anybody give me more information on this? It is illegal for our media to publish any information on the NZSAS activities.
    Last edited by Parihaka; 19 Dec 04,, 19:15.
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

No not in Australia and NZ they have rights that make it elegible too put it in the media..

I think this if anything is very sad for the COMMONWEALTH!!!
    "I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by aussie
      in Australia and NZ they have rights that make it elegible too put it in the media..
      Unless it can be considered a national security issue.
      No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
      I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
      even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
      He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
        Unless it can be considered a national security issue.
        By law, JTF II, SAS, NZSAS, Australian ASAR are considered at least Protected B, if not Protected C.

Comment

Working...
        X