PDA

View Full Version : The puck drops tonight!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

gunnut
03 Oct 07,, 23:06
Another NHL season to look forward to.

Let the flames begin.

Red Wings Suck!

MarquezRazor
04 Oct 07,, 13:22
Okay I know absolutely ZERO about NHL.:)) :P

But The football/soccer season has started for Chelsea in a disastrous way.:frown:

Shamus
04 Oct 07,, 13:25
Another NHL season to look forward to.

Let the flames begin.

Red Wings Suck!Hmmmm.......Red Wings 1-0 :tongue: :biggrin:

crooks
04 Oct 07,, 17:37
Okay I know absolutely ZERO about NHL.:)) :P

But The football/soccer season has started for Chelsea in a disastrous way.:frown:

Good win against Valencia though - they've still got it.

MarquezRazor
04 Oct 07,, 18:03
Good win against Valencia though - they've still got it.
Yeah I watched it last night.Looked like their celebrations were tempered..
I still dont think Avram Grant has it in him to do something good this season.I want a high prfile coach who can deal with high profile players...otherwise its going to be like Carlos Queiroz at Real Madrid..

dalem
04 Oct 07,, 22:31
Go Wings!

Datsyuk & Zetterberg are too much fun to watch. Puck on a string, baby.

-dale

Shamus
04 Oct 07,, 22:41
Go Wings!

Datsyuk & Zetterberg are too much fun to watch. Puck on a string, baby.

-daleThey're splitting them up and having each center their own line:biggrin: .

Shamus
05 Oct 07,, 02:23
Hmmmm.......Red Wings 1-0 :tongue: :biggrin:Did I mention it was the "Not So Mighty Ducks" that they beat???:P

dalem
05 Oct 07,, 05:01
They're splitting them up and having each center their own line:biggrin: .

Sure, but in a crunch you know they'll be on the same line deking the other guys out of their jocks.

-dale

Repatriated Canuck
05 Oct 07,, 05:17
Go Canucks!

Albany Rifles
09 Oct 07,, 16:48
...Bruins fan, all I can say is Go Patriots!! Go Red Sox!!

Boy we have become really bad.....:mad:

Canmoore
10 Oct 07,, 02:54
Leafs fan!! Go leafs Go!!! We have a decent team this year, looked really strong against Ottawa.. I think we just might make the playoffs!!!

Berkis
10 Oct 07,, 20:56
Colorado is the best. Iron defence.

entropy
10 Oct 07,, 21:20
"The Puck Stops Here"

Hockey according to IronDuke.

Shamus
10 Oct 07,, 21:51
Colorado is the best. Iron defence.Two words.....Datsuk,Zetterberg.....The Iron Defense's shorts will be on one side of the rink and they'll be on the other;) :biggrin:

gunnut
10 Oct 07,, 22:09
Two words.....Datsuk,Zetterberg.....The Iron Defense's shorts will be on one side of the rink and they'll be on the other;) :biggrin:

And they lost to lowly Chicago in a shoot out :biggrin:

Shamus
10 Oct 07,, 22:11
And they lost to lowly Chicago in a shoot out :biggrin:Bah,minor setback:biggrin:We just had to give Lang to Chicago:rolleyes: .

dalem
11 Oct 07,, 00:26
And they lost to lowly Chicago in a shoot out :biggrin:

With my schedule I can hardly ever catch a game these days. Reason # 327 for Dale to get a new job. Anybody in the Twin Cities need a good Project Manager with account and telecom experience? :)

-dale

dalem
11 Oct 07,, 00:27
Bah,minor setback:biggrin:We just had to give Lang to Chicago:rolleyes: .

I never thought Lang brought much to the Wings anyway. I'd much rather have Shanny or McCarty back.

-dale

Shamus
11 Oct 07,, 01:19
I never thought Lang brought much to the Wings anyway. I'd much rather have Shanny or McCarty back.

-daleAhhhh....why don't you just stick a couple more daggers in my heart?:frown:

Canmoore
11 Oct 07,, 03:50
my buds fell off the tracks last night.... hopefully its not a sign of things to come.

Mobbme
11 Oct 07,, 10:10
Anaheim from west and New York Rangers from east.

Canmoore
21 Oct 07,, 17:40
Wow.. Looks like its going to be another long, and disappointing season for Toronto..

up 3-1 in the 3rd, when Chicago came back and won 5-4..

With the highest paid blue line in the league you would expect more from them..but last night they looked like amateurs..

Mobbme
21 Oct 07,, 18:40
Wow.. Looks like its going to be another long, and disappointing season for Toronto..

up 3-1 in the 3rd, when Chicago came back and won 5-4..

With the highest paid blue line in the league you would expect more from them..but last night they looked like amateurs..

hehehehe

My brother was eating when it was 3-1 for maple leafs.
He left.
When he returned it was 5-3 opposing team.
My brother "WTF?? Leafs always do that eh!!!"

smilingassassin
21 Oct 07,, 19:39
Yeah, the Leafs do that alot, even with Ottawa, a team they need to play a full 60 min against. Its a shame when it happens against a team like Chicago, a team that has.......who?

Exarecr
21 Oct 07,, 23:06
My blue blood boiled last nite as they again found new and interesting ways to lose. As long as their are tums for sale this idiot(me)will support the leafs for another 40 years. Oh lord help the weak...

Mobbme
22 Oct 07,, 11:26
Leafs are much faster than last year... I think thats it? :eek:

But honestly I do beleaf they will get much much better as the season goes on. We got Antropov playing like theres no tomorrow, Stajan trying to prove he's better than Spezza, and Blake rejuvinating Sundin. Once the D shows up the goalies will get better and we wont even remember this conversation :mad:

Mobbme
22 Oct 07,, 11:29
Hey, atleast McCabe already had his "cost the Leafs a game once per year" game, and it was in the regular season not playoffs

Exarecr
22 Oct 07,, 12:47
The universe is back in alienment, and the leafs will win the cup....not likely but my wife scooped 2 tickets in section 1a at the ACC in Dec against Tampa. Close enough to smell the poutine on Lacavier,s breath as his face is crushed against the glass in sweet cruncheness. How sweet is that. I think my new Barbacue may be delayed a bit though cause you would not believe what they cost. Cheers.

smilingassassin
22 Oct 07,, 14:51
Hey, atleast McCabe already had his "cost the Leafs a game once per year" game, and it was in the regular season not playoffs

Heh, lemmi guess in addition to a giveaway he got caught doing his signature move, the can opener.

Mobbme
22 Oct 07,, 14:52
The universe is back in alienment, and the leafs will win the cup....not likely but my wife scooped 2 tickets in section 1a at the ACC in Dec against Tampa. Close enough to smell the poutine on Lacavier,s breath as his face is crushed against the glass in sweet cruncheness. How sweet is that. I think my new Barbacue may be delayed a bit though cause you would not believe what they cost. Cheers.

WOW!!!! ARE YOU FORREAL??? Those are the hardest seats to get. Leaf tickets are like always sold out; I hear by 8 years... Why can't all guys get married to such great women like your wife.

Cheers bro, I hope Leafs blow them out that game

Mobbme
22 Oct 07,, 14:54
Heh, lemmi guess in addition to a giveaway he got caught doing his signature move, the can opener.

hahahahahaha I remember that move!! He actually got injured "performing" that so he stopped hhehehehe

He actually put the puck into his own net, thus costing them the game :frown:

Exarecr
22 Oct 07,, 15:03
I am giddy and my son has this glazed look I believe is ecstasy. My loveing wife will of course be spending the same amount of money on "female must haves",whatever the hell that means but I think I should be somewhat frightened and a little lighter in the wallet.

Mobbme
22 Oct 07,, 17:20
hhahaha I could imagine

Exarecr
24 Oct 07,, 03:50
Just watched the clash of the Titans(Leafs vs Atlanta)and naturally Toronto had to loose again, this time against the worst team in the NHL.Pass the tums please.

gunnut
24 Oct 07,, 04:20
I want to see Leafs against Kings, 2 of the worst teams in the NHL. Neither team has any goaltending. Lots of well known players but none can play any serious defense. McCabe is as good on offese as he is poor on defense. Leafs got Toskala to boost goaltending but he's as faulty as Raycroft. Kings have not had a real goalie since Rogie Vachon. This year they have 3 3rd stringers trying to win a job. It should be a high scoring affair. Not good for my shoulder and throat.

Maggot
24 Oct 07,, 08:59
It's nice to see that after long years of waiting, the Chicago Blackhawks are worth watching again. Hopefully, new ownership does something about locally blacking out their games, so someone can see that. Toews and Kane are outstanding. TSN is showing more Pittsburgh games and that's all right by me. They're one of the most entertaining teams to watch these days.

The Canucks have been pretty painful to watch this season. They have a great goalie, but everything else isn't going so well. I'm hoping it's just a matter of getting the chemistry again from having all the new players in their lineup. They still feel the same way they did going into the Playoffs: one North American scoring forward short of a team. If only they could pass, shoot, and score they might have some offense...

I am happy to see the Rangers floundering from their all star locker room of bad chemistry; see anyone plus Jagr being bad chemistry.

I never figured how everyone figured that Keenan was going to turn Calgary around. Last I checked they've had some pretty good coaching and Keenan doesn't lace up. If anything Calgary fans are going to have to worry that Keenan will piss off the Kipper so bad he goes and signs somewhere else.

Maggot
24 Oct 07,, 09:06
I watched Colorado and Edmonton play tonight. It's like watching something out of the Wizard of Oz. You have the team with no talent against the team with no goalie. Edmonton has always had a fast skating team, so at least you get entertained when your team gets smoked on all the time, but it still must be painful. I have some sympathy for the Oilers because at least they play hockey when their team is bad, unlike most of the recent expansion teams, who don't move from the blue line after the national anthems are sung.

Once Colorado is finally clear of the yoke of Theodore's contract and can get a real goalie they're going to be a contender. Until then they're just going to score a lot of pretty goals in between stacking their bodies around the net and hoping for the best.

Exarecr
24 Oct 07,, 10:16
Raycroft needs a home.Take him and the four or five we know who are over paid and re-up with youth. In a couple of years "presto",a hockey team will emerge. Watching this team now is like haveing a root canal every time they drop the puck.

Mobbme
24 Oct 07,, 18:49
I keep telling myself and others that the Leafs will get better. Time and time again they don't cease to dissapoint. The emergence of Antropov is the only bright spot; we've never given up on him and it's paying off now. I'm usually into teams that are winners, Miami Heat/San Antonio Spurs/Yankees/Bosox/Patriots/colts/, because you could cheer them on all the way to the end. Even if they don't win the championship you could tell your self that they will win it the following year, and actually believe that prediction. The maple leafs have done nothing but dissapointed me year after year; brought me to tears when they eliminated the Senators few years ago in playoffs and then brought me to tears again when Philidelphia eliminated "our" Leafs. I'm still sitting here finding it hard to reject the maple leafs and just cheer on Anaheim throughout the whole season. Anaheim is guaranteed to go to the finals once again, and Toronto is still thinking about that 8th spot tomake the playoffs.

smilingassassin
25 Oct 07,, 18:30
Whats really painfull is Leafs players are getting similar points to other teams like Ottawa, with well rounded scoring. Its their defence thats the main problem, they need to get some good solid defencemen in their line up to help out Raycroft and Toskola and get the win. Loosing against Atlanta is simply unacceptable and isn't a good sign.

I have tickets to see the Canucks vs. Colorado, hopefully its $90 well spent.

As for Calgary, they may be good, average or even bad but Keenan will transform the team to the point that in a few years they will have a solid team thats a few good players away from a serious stanley cup contender.

gunnut
25 Oct 07,, 21:46
It's nice to see that after long years of waiting, the Chicago Blackhawks are worth watching again. Hopefully, new ownership does something about locally blacking out their games, so someone can see that. Toews and Kane are outstanding. TSN is showing more Pittsburgh games and that's all right by me. They're one of the most entertaining teams to watch these days.

Chicago will be better later this year when they get Havlat back. The guy is so prone to injury he didn't even wait for the first game of the year to finish before he went on the IR. He's talented though. He can average over a point a game. Just needs to stay healthy for more than 3 days in a row.

I am happy to see the Rangers floundering from their all star locker room of bad chemistry; see anyone plus Jagr being bad chemistry.

It's just funny to watch a team with Drury, Jagr, and Shanahan losing games 1-0. :biggrin:

I never figured how everyone figured that Keenan was going to turn Calgary around. Last I checked they've had some pretty good coaching and Keenan doesn't lace up. If anything Calgary fans are going to have to worry that Keenan will piss off the Kipper so bad he goes and signs somewhere else.

How does Keenan keep getting a job? He has ruined every single team he has ever coached by raiding the farm systems and alienating star players. I can't believe there are no more qualified coaches around the NHL.

I'm going to see the Kings and Oilers this Saturday. It'll be great to hear the Canadian anthem again.

Mobbme
25 Oct 07,, 21:57
I don't know how you all feel, but I think Bob Hartley would be a better Coach for us? Maurice isn't that fiesty. He had tucker playing like a Finnish player (No Grit). Hartley is similar to Pat Quin, is not afraid to send out the tough guys to do some damage :cool: Bob Hartley is also a proven winner.

Exarecr
25 Oct 07,, 22:21
Tonite the Leafs are up against Sid the Kid and the rest of the Penguins so it should be close untill they drop the puck. Team needs an awful lot of grit and determination and that won,t come untill they draft fewer Europeons.

glyn
25 Oct 07,, 22:34
[QUOTE=Exarecr;419955]
Team needs an awful lot of grit and determination and that won,t come untill they draft fewer Europeons.

Peons?:confused: I expect some of them were urban dwellers where they came from.:)

smilingassassin
26 Oct 07,, 04:18
I don't know how you all feel, but I think Bob Hartley would be a better Coach for us? Maurice isn't that fiesty. He had tucker playing like a Finnish player (No Grit). Hartley is similar to Pat Quin, is not afraid to send out the tough guys to do some damage :cool: Bob Hartley is also a proven winner.

I suspect thats because Tucker has a propencity to take some dumb penalty's and Maurice has toned him tone a bit. I don't think Maurice is having any effect on the team anymore, time to change the coach! If the thrashers were crazy enough to fire the guy after the first 6 games why not hire Bob Hartley?

Exarecr
26 Oct 07,, 12:28
Watched the Leafs defeat the Pens. Strange to see a hockey team show up. Is it just another tease or are better things to come? I guess my spelling had better improve.(you people are such nit-pickers). Leafs and Rangers Saturday night, maybe I should label this the"Tums Report". Cheers.

smilingassassin
26 Oct 07,, 18:18
Wow, they beat cid the kid and co.? They acctually showed up to play, hopefully they remember just what it feels like to win and keep it going.

Mobbme
26 Oct 07,, 22:23
Hope so.

But as history shows, not likely. :(

gunnut
26 Oct 07,, 23:09
Watched the Leafs defeat the Pens. Strange to see a hockey team show up. Is it just another tease or are better things to come? I guess my spelling had better improve.(you people are such nit-pickers). Leafs and Rangers Saturday night, maybe I should label this the"Tums Report". Cheers.

Leafs and Rangers, great. No defense vs. no offense. It'll either be a high scoring event or a yawner of a game full of sloppy puck handling that just can't capitalize on a leaky defense.

Mobbme
27 Oct 07,, 23:56
No matter how well the Ottawa Senators do in the East, the Rangers will still be the team to beat in the playoffs... They played really well last year after acquiring their heart and soul "Avery"; He will be back very soon (or Is he back??). Rangers acquired Gomez and Drury. Need not say more. It will take time but they will kick some ass. West is just Anaheim, although I have a feeling San Jose might try to surprise everyone. Leafs, Lord Have Mercy On Us.

Shamus
28 Oct 07,, 00:02
West is just Anaheim, although I have a feeling San Jose might try to surprise everyone.Hmmm....another Red Wings hater?Ah well it's lonely at the top....;) :)) .

Exarecr
28 Oct 07,, 02:46
Who are these dudes in blue. Are the Leafs getting better defence or are the Rangers that bad on the offense. A win is a win I guess. As I sigh contently the mood is of course dampened by the Sens win in Jersey. No need for tums tonight. Cheers.

smilingassassin
28 Oct 07,, 02:55
I was acctually impressed, the Leafs played agressively yet defencive enough to frustrate New York.

Maggot
28 Oct 07,, 03:31
No matter how well the Ottawa Senators do in the East, the Rangers will still be the team to beat in the playoffs... They played really well last year after acquiring their heart and soul "Avery"; He will be back very soon (or Is he back??). Rangers acquired Gomez and Drury. Need not say more. It will take time but they will kick some ass. West is just Anaheim, although I have a feeling San Jose might try to surprise everyone. Leafs, Lord Have Mercy On Us.

Unfortunately, the NHL is not a console game. Leadership and chemistry matter. The Rangers have never learned from their mistakes and keep trying to spend, spend, spend to get an all star team. If Gomez and Drury were defencemen, then it was a great offseason for the Rangers. Getting huge depth up front and ignoring the fact that they have no D is the main reason the Rangers are doing so poorly. Drury was a good acquisition. Gomez, not so much. When a guy is whiny in his last dressing room, bringing him into a dressing room filled with whiners isn't the solution. Having Jagr as your leader and captain is a joke. First off the ice and last off isn't exactly the kind of leadership that brings a team success in the Playoffs.

If Avery is the heart and soul of the Rangers, then they might as well resign Fleury and give him a bottle of Jack Daniels. The NHL would be best served by stapling Avery's mouth shut.

Maggot
28 Oct 07,, 03:34
Who are these dudes in blue. Are the Leafs getting better defence or are the Rangers that bad on the offense. A win is a win I guess. As I sigh contently the mood is of course dampened by the Sens win in Jersey. No need for tums tonight. Cheers.

The Rangers are even better at turning over the puck and bad defence than the Leafs. Toronto shouldn't change their coach. They should change their ownership. Changing anything below the board of directors won't mean anything since they are micromanaging the team into the ground. Fergie is a puppet. It's a crying shame to see a storied team so badly managed. Not that Boston and Chicago are being well run as original six teams...

Maggot
28 Oct 07,, 03:37
Hmmm....another Red Wings hater?Ah well it's lonely at the top....;) :)) .

I've always liked Detroit, you know except when Holmstrom is sitting on top of my home team goalie, Luongo...

Stevie Y was always one of my favourite players. You can really notice the difference in the playoffs, when he's not there, dragging the Wings kicking and screaming to the next round.

Shamus
28 Oct 07,, 03:51
I've always liked Detroit, you know except when Holmstrom is sitting on top of my home team goalie, Luongo...

Stevie Y was always one of my favourite players. You can really notice the difference in the playoffs, when he's not there, dragging the Wings kicking and screaming to the next round.Very true....it was a sad day for me when Steve retired.He was the kind of guy I love to watch play.He played HOCKEY by gawd,it was a lot of fun watching him mature as a player over the years.He might have lost a stride or two by the end but you're right,he was always the heart and soul of that team come playoff time.Honestly,I would hate Holstrum's guts if he didn't play for the Wings;) .

smilingassassin
28 Oct 07,, 06:42
If Avery is the heart and soul of the Rangers, then they might as well resign Fleury and give him a bottle of Jack Daniels. The NHL would be best served by stapling Avery's mouth shut.

Oh I dunno, get rid of the instigator rule and let the fighters do the stapling! Might as well make some money off the little puke.

gunnut
28 Oct 07,, 09:47
Unfortunately, the NHL is not a console game. Leadership and chemistry matter. The Rangers have never learned from their mistakes and keep trying to spend, spend, spend to get an all star team. If Gomez and Drury were defencemen, then it was a great offseason for the Rangers. Getting huge depth up front and ignoring the fact that they have no D is the main reason the Rangers are doing so poorly. Drury was a good acquisition. Gomez, not so much. When a guy is whiny in his last dressing room, bringing him into a dressing room filled with whiners isn't the solution. Having Jagr as your leader and captain is a joke. First off the ice and last off isn't exactly the kind of leadership that brings a team success in the Playoffs.

I beg to differ. Defense is certainly suspect for the Rangers. But their offense is what really stinks right now. How can you not score more than 2 goals a game with the likes of Jagr, Drury, and Shanny?

smilingassassin
28 Oct 07,, 18:44
Its not like Jagr didn't have the chances either, spliting 4 players and driving to the net for a shot. When Jagr has the lone goal in a game it says alot about the charactor in the dressing room...

Mobbme
28 Oct 07,, 21:19
When the Rangers got Sean Avery (the Pest) last year,they won 11 straight games? or like 9 out of 11 games. The reason why I say he is the heart and soul of the rangers is because the Rangers themselves said that last year. Before Avery, they were just a mediocore team... Once they got him, they were one of the fav's to win the Cup. Everyone can say bad things about Avery, but as Jeremy Roenick (Sr. Pest) would say "Avery is a pretty good hockey player". And minus-Avery right now, Rangers aren't too good even with new guys like Drury and Gomez. Gomez came from a team that was defence first, whereas Drury came from an all offence team; They are both one of the best acquistions from free agency. I believe Rangers will get much much better, but time will tell :(

Leafs game last night was pretty exciting. There were alot of stars on the ice. Leafs managed to keep the lead in the 3rd period which I say CHEERS to them. Lets see how long this winning streak (2 games) lasts.

Mobbme
29 Oct 07,, 23:54
HERE COMES OVECHKIN!!!!! GO leafs Go!! And if Ovechkin gets a hat-trick,hopefully the leafs will still win :tongue:

Maggot
30 Oct 07,, 00:28
All Sean Avery will every be is a 3rd line forward with a 1st line mouth. I couldn't believe it in the playoffs, when he's criticizing the media for paying attention to the big game changers of the league having injuries and saying, well you know I was playing hurt too. What a joke! Send him to hockey hell in Nashville, so no one has to listen to him anymore.

Maggot
30 Oct 07,, 00:31
The Canucks crash and burn again on Sunday.

The reason why the Canucks are losing games is that last year the defence did it all and this year they aren’t. The defence were scoring a lot of the Canucks’ goals, jumping in on the rush, and this year they aren’t. The defence were stingy and played great positional hockey, and this year they aren’t. That and the forwards are the same anemic offence that can’t seem to take the puck to the net against anyone but the worst teams. Having the injuries the Canucks did in training camp didn’t help things much either.

Bieksa has been a huge disappointment, but the rest of the defence hasn’t played very well either, compared to last season. It’s way too easy to gain the Canucks’ zone, but the Canucks look like they’re in a death match to do the same at the other end of the rink.

One problem the Canucks have had is leadership. Naslund is the result of the bad management idea that you make the most skilled guy on your team the captain, even if it doesn’t work in practice. And Naslund has great skills, even if he’s never been quite the same since the concussion Moore clocked him with. That wrist shot just isn’t there anymore. Naslund isn’t a guy who is going to drag his team through a playoff series, the way guys like Steve Yzerman could. Linden can motivate a team and is a good leader. He’s not the player he once was, but did lead the team in points during last season’s playoffs. He’s tried to be a good captain and you can tell that he really takes the job seriously, but you can also tell that he’s often uncomfortable with the role. Fans like Naslund, but currently his salary is one of the things keeping this team from being competitive, especially when he’s not living up to it.

Exarecr
30 Oct 07,, 03:00
What Leaf team,or rather,where were the Leafs.Ugly,Ugly,Ugly. This is not a team,its a nightmare collection of quitters.Tums won,t do it tonight. Pass the whiskey.

Maggot
30 Oct 07,, 03:20
Sweet Chocolate Jesus! The Leafs just lost 7-1 at home to the Washington Capitals at home! I thought I could hear the booing from the Air Canada Centre when I opened the window...

Mobbme
30 Oct 07,, 05:00
What Leaf team,or rather,where were the Leafs.Ugly,Ugly,Ugly. This is not a team,its a nightmare collection of quitters.Tums won,t do it tonight. Pass the whiskey.

I'll have vodka...

Mobbme
30 Oct 07,, 05:02
I am happy for Ovechkin for scoring 2 goals since he is my fav player. But i'm upset that the Leafs didn't win. Hmmm, so the win streak ends at 2 games :mad:

Maggot
30 Oct 07,, 05:06
If you're a Leafs' fan who uses booze to console yourself over this season, you might want to go get your booze at a case lot sale now and get it over with...

Mobbme
30 Oct 07,, 05:07
The Canucks crash and burn again on Sunday.

The reason why the Canucks are losing games is that last year the defence did it all and this year they arenít. The defence were scoring a lot of the Canucksí goals, jumping in on the rush, and this year they arenít. The defence were stingy and played great positional hockey, and this year they arenít. That and the forwards are the same anemic offence that canít seem to take the puck to the net against anyone but the worst teams. Having the injuries the Canucks did in training camp didnít help things much either.

Bieksa has been a huge disappointment, but the rest of the defence hasnít played very well either, compared to last season. Itís way too easy to gain the Canucksí zone, but the Canucks look like theyíre in a death match to do the same at the other end of the rink.

One problem the Canucks have had is leadership. Naslund is the result of the bad management idea that you make the most skilled guy on your team the captain, even if it doesnít work in practice. And Naslund has great skills, even if heís never been quite the same since the concussion Moore clocked him with. That wrist shot just isnít there anymore. Naslund isnít a guy who is going to drag his team through a playoff series, the way guys like Steve Yzerman could. Linden can motivate a team and is a good leader. Heís not the player he once was, but did lead the team in points during last seasonís playoffs. Heís tried to be a good captain and you can tell that he really takes the job seriously, but you can also tell that heís often uncomfortable with the role. Fans like Naslund, but currently his salary is one of the things keeping this team from being competitive, especially when heís not living up to it.

I can't BELIEVE you said the exact same thing I said to this girl today!! She's from Vancouver and kept calling me names like "mean, racist" LMAO its not my fault I love Canadian hockey players more than European players (I am Canadian!). I actually believe that was the reason for their downfall, or atleast part of it; losing Bertuzzi was a big part aswell, and I'm not talking about him signing with Florida. If I was GM I'd so have gotten rid of Naslund or atleast stripped him of his Captaincy. Whats with Toronto/Ottawa/Vancouver with Swedish captains? Swedish players are great, but they're not in the likes of Sakic/Iginla/Yzerman. I don't really want the best out of Vancouver because I'm a Toronto Maple Leafs fan and us and those B.C mates have a thing going on :redface:

I just hope we win the cup before they do.

Mobbme
30 Oct 07,, 05:09
If you're a Leafs' fan who uses booze to console yourself over this season, you might want to go get your booze at a case lot sale now and get it over with...

I'm already working on it. My girlfriend drives to Buffalo and back every week, and she doesn't mind going in and out of Duty free to grab her man a bottle of vodka at a low discount price :cool:

smilingassassin
30 Oct 07,, 05:43
I can't BELIEVE you said the exact same thing I said to this girl today!! She's from Vancouver and kept calling me names like "mean, racist" LMAO its not my fault I love Canadian hockey players more than European players (I am Canadian!). I actually believe that was the reason for their downfall, or atleast part of it; losing Bertuzzi was a big part aswell, and I'm not talking about him signing with Florida. If I was GM I'd so have gotten rid of Naslund or atleast stripped him of his Captaincy. Whats with Toronto/Ottawa/Vancouver with Swedish captains? Swedish players are great, but they're not in the likes of Sakic/Iginla/Yzerman. I don't really want the best out of Vancouver because I'm a Toronto Maple Leafs fan and us and those B.C mates have a thing going on :redface:

I just hope we win the cup before they do.

Of all the swedish captains I'd rather have Sundin over all the others. That said your assessment of the Canucks is dead on, the defence isn't scoring, or defending for that matter and our Captain is not leading by example. Time for some trades.....

As for the Leafs, no comment for now, simply stunned they could just not show up after 2 decent games....

As for your freind from Vancouver she obviously is missing the point, players from different country's are taught to play with different styles, load up on too many with one style and you lose your versitility.

Maggot
30 Oct 07,, 06:03
I like Sundin now, but certainly not a few years ago, when he was an aweful leader on and off the ice. In the last few years he's really grown into the role. Not like Doug Gilmour, who was made for the role the moment he arrived in a trade.

Exarecr
30 Oct 07,, 14:29
What team will show up in Jersey Friday? It,s the incredible lack of interest this team displays that alarms me.The only fire on this team is in who should be fired first.

Mobbme
30 Oct 07,, 20:25
I still have the newspaper headlined "Return Of The King" when Mats Sundin returned to the lineup in the playoffs against the Sens. He scored 2 goals. He's proven he can play on the big stage (two olympic golds).

I was really frustrated when the Leafs didn't resign Roberts and Niewendyk. Niewendyk was by far the best player we had in the post season. Domi was actually a big factor in the playoffs aswell and they didn't resign him either. Everyone can debate whether he'd fit into Maurice's system, but so far I don't think Maurice's system is working.

Mobbme
30 Oct 07,, 20:28
Of all the swedish captains I'd rather have Sundin over all the others. That said your assessment of the Canucks is dead on, the defence isn't scoring, or defending for that matter and our Captain is not leading by example. Time for some trades.....

As for the Leafs, no comment for now, simply stunned they could just not show up after 2 decent games....

As for your freind from Vancouver she obviously is missing the point, players from different country's are taught to play with different styles, load up on too many with one style and you lose your versitility.

Exactly sir,

I think she's still stuck in the Bertuzzi-Canuck era. Its about time she wakes up and smells the coffee.

Maggot
31 Oct 07,, 00:35
If the Leafs can't beat New Jersey on Friday, you have to be even more worried, since the Devils are crumbling.

Mobbme
31 Oct 07,, 02:32
If the Leafs can't beat New Jersey on Friday, you have to be even more worried, since the Devils are crumbling.

Friday falls into the weekend, thats perfect. If leafs lost I drink more and pass out. If Leafs win, I drink to the point where I can still sit straight up LOL :))

Langshan
31 Oct 07,, 15:57
Only the rest of the season will tell. Only 2 loss's so far.

Yes, a southern Hockey fan(transplanted yankee).

Maggot
01 Nov 07,, 03:50
New Jersey looks like they've finally turned things around and just played a strong game in their new building. Looks like the Leaf picked a bad time for a road trip to the Rock...

Langshan
01 Nov 07,, 11:56
Yes, it looks like it. My "Canes" lost last night to Florida, 4-2.

Mobbme
01 Nov 07,, 19:31
Yes, it looks like it. My "Canes" lost last night to Florida, 4-2.

:biggrin:

Mobbme
01 Nov 07,, 21:38
I don't think the cane's will be able to get past the Senators or Rangers in the post season.

Langshan
02 Nov 07,, 02:10
I'm not sure....perhaps they will have another 2006 season.

Maggot
02 Nov 07,, 02:45
I'm not sure....perhaps they will have another 2006 season.

They're going to have a really good season. I don't know if it will be as good as 2006 though. Other teams are chomping at the bit. Last season they were gutted with injuries to all the wrong players at all the wrong times.

Mobbme
02 Nov 07,, 05:31
If they can get past the Senators this year ok. If not, then they have ultimate teams like Pittsburgh and Philli to deal with next year, who are certainly going to be pretty much unstoppable. They are all young teams, but Pittsburgh and Philli are loaded with better young talent compared to the Canes. As for my team Toronto, good luck!

Anaheim is still the team to beat. Same players, but WITH Schneider and Bertuzzi. I don't think Dustin Penner will be missed when post season begins. I have no doubt that Scott Niedermeyer will return, he'll be like a last minuit trade but Anaheim will give up nothing in return :rolleyes:

Langshan
02 Nov 07,, 12:30
That's some interesting observations. Have you guys joined with this link of the NHL? NHL.com Connect (http://fans.nhl.com/)

I follow mostly the east coast teams Carolina first, but like the original NHL teams, Canadians, Bruins, Rangers, Black Hawks, ect....

Exarecr
02 Nov 07,, 18:22
I think tonights going to be a disaster for Toronto in Jersey. To much time to sit and think and become even more fragile then they already are. Confidence is the great equalizer and this is nowhere in evidance. Should Jersey score within the first few minutes the keystone cops will take over and the resulting loseing streak will be ugly.

Langshan
02 Nov 07,, 21:55
This is superb, I like this board, especially this hockey talk!

Mobbme
02 Nov 07,, 22:16
hahah This board is my fav too... Especially the hockeytalk

Exarecr
03 Nov 07,, 02:30
Leafs lose again. Or rather they blow another one. This one was special in that they decided to lose it all in a minute and a half.Brutal!

Mobbme
03 Nov 07,, 21:48
Leafs lose again. Or rather they blow another one. This one was special in that they decided to lose it all in a minute and a half.Brutal!

Both our teams were in New Jersey... Raptors blew the Nets away... And Brodeur blew leafs away :mad:

Mobbme
06 Nov 07,, 22:34
WOOOOOOO!!!!! Go Leafs GO!!!!! I can't wait for tonightttttt Maple Leafs Vs Ottawa Senators!!!!!!

gunnut
06 Nov 07,, 23:00
What's up with Brodeur? He's letting in a ton of goals lately. Or maybe he wasn't as good as everyone though he was. Having the 2 Scotts in front of him really helped to pad his stats.

Mobbme
07 Nov 07,, 04:08
New Jersey's defence is all over the place. But they have our good ol' Coach coaching them, so they'll get better eventually or else they'll face TORTURE!

Exarecr
07 Nov 07,, 15:48
I hear the Leafs are talking with Johnny Bower(aka the China wall)for a possible come back. Add Keon, Horton, and a few others and we might have something here.After watching last nights debacle against the Sens I decided this team isn,t worth the price of those front row tickets my wife scooped for me so I got rid of them. Enough is enough. This team wont make the playoffs for the next several years,let alone win a cup. This dude has finally jumped ship and much to my suprise,it didn,t even hurt. Go Flames Go! Pssst, wanna buy a couple of Leaf jerseys cheap.....

smilingassassin
07 Nov 07,, 17:44
5-1 Sens, who I might add up untill this point had less points per player overall than Toronto. The trouble is defence, untill they sort that out they'll keep loosing to teams they should be able to beat.

Pssst, wanna buy a couple of Leaf jerseys cheap.....

Home or away jerseys?

gunnut
09 Nov 07,, 01:16
I watched the Ducks game last night. So many mental mistakes. The last play in overtime was the worst. They made about 3 behind the back passes trying to clear the zone but each time 2 of their players run into each other. Shane Doan of the Coyotes picked up the loose puck and let go a slap shot that ended the game.

Mobbme
09 Nov 07,, 23:00
Eric Lindros officially retired yesterday. It was one of the saddest moments in hockey. To me personally, I thought minus injuries he could've been one of the greatest to ever play.

I remember the Scott Stevens check on Lindros like it happened last night.

gunnut
09 Nov 07,, 23:10
Eric Lindros officially retired yesterday. It was one of the saddest moments in hockey. To me personally, I thought minus injuries he could've been one of the greatest to ever play.

I remember the Scott Stevens check on Lindros like it happened last night.

He certainly had the skills and the size to be a very dominant player if he had stayed healthy. But his attitude was bad. Maybe if he had played for the Nordiques he wouldn't have been hit by Stevens. Maybe it's karma.

gunnut
09 Nov 07,, 23:11
This just in: Forbes rated the Toronto Maple Leafs as the most valueable NHL franchise.

Mobbme
09 Nov 07,, 23:17
This just in: Forbes rated the Toronto Maple Leafs as the most valueable NHL franchise.

heheh another thing I was talking to my friend about. He told me DETROIT, PITTSBURGH are the most valuable NHL teams and I literally SNAPPED on him :biggrin: Those teams are losing money. Detroit, only because of their slow economy right now.

Exarecr
10 Nov 07,, 00:06
Most vauleable NHL franchise yes indeed. Also, the most irritating to watch. The most irritating in the way they play. The most irritating in the way they lose.....and on and on. Tonight in Buffalo the Leafs karma being what it is these days means the game will be over in the first period as usual. Got my tums ready to go. Cheers.

Mobbme
10 Nov 07,, 07:29
Leaf's finally managed to keep the lead in the 3rd period. Hip Hip Hooray! :)

Exarecr
11 Nov 07,, 12:22
Excuse me while I digest some crow here but come on, a shut-out for the Leafs against Buffalo. What the hell did they put in my tums? Anyway, along comes Saturday night and the Rangers and back to normal for the Leafs meaning you never know who or what team will show up. In Leaf land, 3 points out of a posible 4 has a Stanley cup parade in planning as usual. A quiet hush blankets Toronto as visions of......yada,yada,yada. Cheers.

Canmoore
12 Nov 07,, 22:52
Good.. I HATE the sabers..ever since '99 I cannot stand that team.

gunnut
12 Nov 07,, 23:15
Anyone saw the Kings come back against the Stars?

It was 4-0 with slightly more than 7 min to go. Turco in net. It looks like the Stars could put this one in the bag. Then Kings scored 5 goals in just over 5 min to take the lead. Modano tied it with less than 1 min to go. Then Kings won it in over time on a backhander by Kopitar.

I was about to change the station on my TV when Kings scored their first goal. It was boring as hell and demoralizing. Then it turned into the 3rd greatest come back in Kings history.

I had a free ticket to go to the game too but I turned it down. It's against the Stars. Boring, slow, methodical, choking defense, and anything but exciting Stars.

I'm still kicking myself.

Mobbme
13 Nov 07,, 10:01
Anyone saw the Kings come back against the Stars?

It was 4-0 with slightly more than 7 min to go. Turco in net. It looks like the Stars could put this one in the bag. Then Kings scored 5 goals in just over 5 min to take the lead. Modano tied it with less than 1 min to go. Then Kings won it in over time on a backhander by Kopitar.

I was about to change the station on my TV when Kings scored their first goal. It was boring as hell and demoralizing. Then it turned into the 3rd greatest come back in Kings history.

I had a free ticket to go to the game too but I turned it down. It's against the Stars. Boring, slow, methodical, choking defense, and anything but exciting Stars.

I'm still kicking myself.

Reminds me of the game Leafs vs Senators couple years ago. Leafs were down 6-1 in the first period, so the senators kept sending a few of their players who "supposedly" had the flu to the dressing room, so slowly by slowly the leafs caught back up and won it in OT!! It was the most exciting game i've watched. I can imagine those 5 mins wow, i'm envious sir :mad: I missed it

Mobbme
13 Nov 07,, 10:03
Good.. I HATE the sabers..ever since '99 I cannot stand that team.

Hasek was the horse on that team. I'm just glad Hasek won the cup later on with the Wings.

Exarecr
15 Nov 07,, 13:15
Toronto vs Boston tonight. Any predictions? The point against the habs was more a loss than a gain if you factor in the fragile state of this team. To give up a point with only 6 miutes left in the game and then lose in over-time in the matter they did made me the proud owner of 2 new pulseateing veins on my forehead. Im thinking a winning streak of one starting tonight. I have a pyramid on the TV, a horse shoe hanging on the wall and lots of tums ready. Lets all hope they stayed home last night and left the nude photo op,s for the softer,more rounded sex.(man what were they thinking). Cheers

gunnut
15 Nov 07,, 22:25
Bruins are surprisingly good this year. Phil Kessel is living up to his potential. Tim Thomas is getting a chance at #1. Marc Savard is a good set up man. As long as the rest of the team play their part, they are pretty good.

I saw the game when Boston beat the Sharks 2-1 a few days after they beat the Kings 8-6. It's pretty tough to shut down Joe Thornton, but they did.

Mobbme
16 Nov 07,, 00:51
Ahh, what the heck, GO LEAFS GO!!!

Exarecr
16 Nov 07,, 03:26
Well, at least I am right about a streak of one........loss. Terrible game by the Leafs. Sloppy D,no goal tending. The sulk on the bench displayed by TO does not look good for Saturday against Ottawa. Full credit for Boston showing up for the game. Cheers.

Mobbme
16 Nov 07,, 03:52
Oh god, we're playing ottawa again?!!!!!!! :eek:

I don't know whats wrong. Heck, when are we playing the Rangers? Tucker vs Avery sounds good now

Exarecr
16 Nov 07,, 03:57
Raycroft drives me nuts. He is OHL material at best. That great puck sucking hole between his pads swallows black holes! Saturday could be awful.

gunnut
16 Nov 07,, 04:14
Raycroft drives me nuts. He is OHL material at best. That great puck sucking hole between his pads swallows black holes! Saturday could be awful.

That maybe so, but I'm more surprised about Toskala. He had a lot of promise. Then he sucked. Is he for real? Or is he another Raycroft?

Mobbme
16 Nov 07,, 10:10
I really thought Toskala would be much better. I honestly believed we'd have a good season this year. To the contrary, it may be our defence. McCabe F'd up once again with that game against the habs; he's not even that good anymore -he doesnt even land big body checks anymore. I think its time to get rid of him. He's looked upon as a good defenceman with a scoring touch, imagine what we could get for him :rolleyes:

Exarecr
16 Nov 07,, 12:43
Mcabe has 3, yes 3 years left on a contract nobody will ever buy out. This team because of past deals would not get a first round draft pick even if they finished last this year. They have no youth in their minor feeder teams that show any promise because scouting to this team means squat. Then there is Kubina and his ridiculous salary and on and on we go.In fairness to Mcabe,last night he was one of the few to show up. The boo birds in Toronto on Saturday will be brutal,but fun to listen to. Ottawa 6-Toronto-0.

gunnut
16 Nov 07,, 22:44
Use McCabe for spot duties and primarily on power plays. It's very useful to have an offensively minded defenseman on the power play.

Ducks lost Scott and their power play was in the tanks. Then Schneider came back from injury and their power play was ticking at 25%. Schneider was never known for his defensive prowess. But he's a great asset on power play and can hold his own on even strength for short periods of time.

The Kings have Visnovsky as the offensive defenseman. His defensive skills are passable. He's nice to have on the power play with his break out speed, passing, and a nice shot from the point.

smilingassassin
16 Nov 07,, 23:23

You wouldn't know it the way they play some nights....

Canmoore
16 Nov 07,, 23:34
The other WAB'ers are probably scratching there heads and saying "...what?"

Leafs fans have hijacked this thread, and the leafs are a crappy team.

..Not to mention a bit of a circus. McCabe gives games away on a constant basis, the whole team lacks any drive or motivation to win, Tlusty took pictures of himself naked in front of a mirror and others of him touching tongues with another man. Our Goalies suck, we loose big all the time, our defence sucks. Our two new off season acquisitions Bell has been charged with impaired driving, and Blake announces he has Cancer...

Now there is talk that that Maurice has lost the lockeroom..

All this and its only a quarter of the way through the season!

But somethings never change...as crappy as the team can be..we still have the best fans!! Bleed blue and white forever!

smilingassassin
17 Nov 07,, 00:26
Use McCabe for spot duties and primarily on power plays. It's very useful to have an offensively minded defenseman on the power play.

McCabe is taylor made for the powerplay with his slapshot and offensive prowess. I still remember his days in Vancouver. Looks like what Toronto needs is stay at home defencemen.

smilingassassin
17 Nov 07,, 00:31
The other WAB'ers are probably scratching there heads and saying "...what?"

Leafs fans have hijacked this thread, and the leafs are a crappy team.

..Not to mention a bit of a circus. McCabe gives games away on a constant basis, the whole team lacks any drive or motivation to win, Tlusty took pictures of himself naked in front of a mirror and others of him touching tongues with another man. Our Goalies suck, we loose big all the time, our defence sucks. Our two new off season acquisitions Bell has been charged with impaired driving, and Blake announces he has Cancer...

Now there is talk that that Maurice has lost the lockeroom..

All this and its only a quarter of the way through the season!

But somethings never change...as crappy as the team can be..we still have the best fans!! Bleed blue and white forever!

Maurice has lost the lockeroom, its the only explaination for why the teams not playing defencively like they need to. They are producing the points they just can't keep the goals against down to win the game.

Canmoore
17 Nov 07,, 04:43
Maurice is an incredible coach.. he is extremely "hockey smart", it is unfortunate that the team has become disenfranchised with him.

Mobbme
17 Nov 07,, 04:45
hehehe its soo hillarious how McCabe costs the leafs games LOL

It always happens at the worst possible time. If you want to give up a goal or two McCabe, go ahead and do that when we're up by 2-3. He just hands the puck to the opposition team and then falls down! They go on a breakaway and score :mad:

Its time to get rid of him. I love the guy, but he's doing us more damage than help.

Mobbme
17 Nov 07,, 04:49
Maurice is an incredible coach.. he is extremely "hockey smart", it is unfortunate that the team has become disenfranchised with him.

We can't really blame him because Pat Quin had the leafs "high flying, body checking, smack talking, senator beating, entertaining, and media buzzing for all the right reasons" when he was the coach. We didn't make the playoffs one year with him, and he was fired. Good choice? We can debate because we never reached the finals with him leading us. Maurice is trying to change the whole system around, he's trying to make the game too boring. I can't even sit and watch the leafs anymore. I'm becoming a basketball fan and i'm ashamed. I used to love playin basketball but not watching. Now its vice versa :redface: Imagine what Pat Quin could've accomplished with the assets in players we have now, the SPEED alone is threatening.

smilingassassin
17 Nov 07,, 07:22

It is indeed the coach's fault the team is doing so poorly. The coach is the one that needs to motivate the team to follow his lead and that means finding what it is that motivates the players. Maurice isn't doing that, it dosn't matter how successfull he's been in the past. Coaches like players need to produce results, if you look at the player stats you'll see Leafs players are out producing Ottawa players in reguards to points.

So that means its overall team strategy thats failing not the players and the coach is in charge of creating that overall strategy and convincing the players to follow it via whatever motivation that works. If tough talk isn't working in the dressing room something else needs to be applied. Even Quinn when he was in vancouver lost his influence over the players, partly due to too many duties as coach and manager of the team. He followed that up by hiring inadequate coaches to replace him.

As for McCabe coughing the puck up, thats a risk you take with an offensive minded defenceman. The other players are just as responcible for the loss as McCabe, they need to back each other up and play as a team.

There was talk a while back about the Leafs seeking the services of Scotty Bowman, unfortunately it seems to be just that, talk. Thats unfortunate because his record alone convinces players in reguards to his Philosophy.

Exarecr
17 Nov 07,, 16:12
Yet in spite of all their many faults yahoo,s like me after every rant and rage against this exercise in futility we call the Leafs,will always find they way to defend this very ineptness to the last tear filled beer at last call. ( have you noticed that with Leaf fans the cup is always half empty). Yes, it would seem Leaf fans have kind of taken over this thread but hey,is their any other team worthy! My god, sometimes I think that last TOW round I fired shook up my brains and common sense. Any way tonight Ottawa will probebly pound them and as I stated earlier,Ottawa 6-Toronto 0.

Canmoore
17 Nov 07,, 18:52
Yes the Pat Quinn era was very exciting for Toronto Fans, and humiliating for Ottawa fans :biggrin:

However, the team had no hope of getting better under Quinn. Toronto was a good team, but never good enough to win. Quinn and the management accepted the status quo, older veterans were replaced with old veterans. Yes these players were very good, and brought a lot of experience to the team. However, you cannot win cups by buying up good players. This is not the MLB, the New York Rangers are perhaps the best example of this.

I as a Leaf fan have wanted the leafs to just dump everything, and rebuild. Under Ferguson and Maurice, this is starting to happen. Yes, the team is not in full rebuild mode. But at least there is more of an effort to develop young talent than lean on old talent.

Problem is that in Toronto, there is a lot of pressure to perform. Maybe not to perform to the point of winning a cup, but there is pressure to perform to create an entertaining product.

Any person with even a lick of sport knowledge, knows that to rebuild a team means to go through some really rocky and terrible times. In Toronto, it seams no one wants to steep that low.

Maurice is an excellent coach, he is the type of coach you need when you want to develop young talent in rebuild mode. However, this does not fit in the Toronto style of team management..

In toronto mediocre players are treated like gods, so players can quickly become disenfranchised if they are told to work hard.

That is the problem, and its one of the reasons why I think that Toronto will not win a cup for a very very long time, the whole culture of the Toronto Maple Leafs must change for the team to bring a cup back home.

gunnut
17 Nov 07,, 22:56
Ducks just waived goalie Bryzgalov. He was immediately claimed by Phoenix. I'm surprised the Leafs didn't try to trade for him or try to claim him with all the goaltending problems. Then again the Coyotes have had a lot of goaltending problems lately. Wayne is probably taking Tums by the bottle.

Mobbme
18 Nov 07,, 00:39
I saw that about Bryzgalov, he's one good goaltender. DOn't know what happened with that though. Tonight is also UFC, so i'm going to watch an hour or two (don't think I need 2 hours to see how badly the leafs lose) of the leafs-sens game and then I will switch to UFC fighting.

I agree, I really think Leafs are going to get embarrassed again tonight, but I won't mind eating my words if Leafs pull out a victory??!!! But hey, thats a longshot... Brother's bringing beers over, hopefully i'll be drunk dialing girls on the phone instead of paying attention to the leafs - sens score :))

Mobbme
18 Nov 07,, 02:49
Hey heyy, Bryzgalov was "promised" by Brian Burke he'd trade him (he is a good goalender). I thought maybe because he wasn't doing good, but Anaheim coudlnt trade him and get something in return they say...

Leafs are up 1-0 end of 2nd period!!!! GO LEAFS GO! In haven't started drinking, but i'm afraid of the 3rd period... Oh well, Leaf fans will overtake any forum I tell ya!

Exarecr
18 Nov 07,, 03:32
Well I must admit the crow is a little over done but how can you explain a 3 nothing win against the best in the NHL. Go figure. See you all at the cup parade on Young St. in June........

Mobbme
18 Nov 07,, 07:14
Well I must admit the crow is a little over done but how can you explain a 3 nothing win against the best in the NHL. Go figure. See you all at the cup parade on Young St. in June........

hahahah thats just a dream!! I loved how they outplayed Ottawa in every aspect :))

I'm drunk and I LOVE IT!! Time for the drunk dial!

gunnut
18 Nov 07,, 07:24
Ducks couldn't trade Bryz because of salary reasons or something like that. That was kinda weird though. How can the Ducks not get a single offer for him? Or maybe no one wants to do business with Burke because he's a shrewd business man and usually comes out ahead.

Bryz deserves nothing less than a starting job in the NHL. He never complained. He did everything the club asked him to do. He carried the Ducks 2 years ago in the playoffs when Giguere went cold. I wish him well.

Canmoore
18 Nov 07,, 07:29

Thats the spirit!! Today I went out for dinner and a movie with a bunch of friends. My one buddy nick was the only other leaf fan, he has lost his way and predicted a Toronto loss. I told him, never loose faith! I predicted a 5-2 Toronto Win... although 3-0 works also.

I am going to have so much fun rubbing it into the faces of the other guys at work!!

smilingassassin
18 Nov 07,, 08:35
Maybe they read this board and saw everything we said? Like I said, they outscore Ottawa players but don't have the D, well they did tonight!

Exarecr
19 Nov 07,, 16:47
What a difference a day and a win makes. After achieving one win in a row lets hope Bostons visit on Tuesday gives the Leafs a taste for some revenge of the last debacle played in Boston. Could you believe the way they played with such great team defence on Saturday. Just play the same way is so simple to say yet they don,t seem capable of stringing together very many wins in sufficient numbers to get comfortable in a play-off position. Tums are handy just in case. Cheers.

Mobbme
20 Nov 07,, 15:20
Ottawa seemed to take their anger out on the Canadians hehehehe. Embarrassed them on an historic night when they retired Larry Robinson's jersey :P

Mobbme
20 Nov 07,, 15:36
Nice Anti-Ottawa Senators song

YouTube - Toronto Maple Leafs v.s. Ottawa Senators (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU5Pv_bRuKA)

The famous game between Leafs vs Sens... "The Comeback"

YouTube - Maple Leafs vs Senators - February 5, 2004! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucf1QmAIkfI)

Mobbme
20 Nov 07,, 15:57
Before I go through all my old stuff to locate the newspaper with the headline "The Return Of The King" or "Return Of The King" (about Mats Sundin's return to the LEafs lineup against the Sens in the playoffs game 6) does anyone have any good websites that I can use to search for it? Like search for old articles?? I've tried and i've failed miserably :redface:

I believe its from a Sunday Sun (Toronto Sun). The chances of it being The Toronto Star is very slim.

Canmoore
21 Nov 07,, 03:46
This should give you your Leafs fix whenever needed..

Leaf History (http://www.tmlfever.com/History.html)

Mobbme
21 Nov 07,, 05:42
Thanks Canmoore

Leafs blew it again.

Exarecr
21 Nov 07,, 13:41
Must be a Toronto thing? They lose the Grey Cup Semi. The Raptors blow a 24 point 3rd quarter lead, and then of course the Leafs loseing to the net minder they traded to Boston for Raycroft in his first NHL game. Oh the irony. The tums are starting to have little affect anymore. Might be time for the strong stuff...butter milk. Kind of like the Leafs. Old,sour and cheesy, only this team ain,t getting any better with age. Dallas on Friday.

Albany Rifles
21 Nov 07,, 14:52
I have been quiet to this point but....

GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!

Life is VERY good as a fan of Boston sports!

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Okay, I'll shut up now.

smilingassassin
21 Nov 07,, 17:44
Thanks Canmoore

Leafs blew it again.

I don't get it, beat the Sens 3-0 then lose 4-2 to Boston?

Mobbme
21 Nov 07,, 23:44
I don't get it, beat the Sens 3-0 then lose 4-2 to Boston?

It's unacceptable!!!!

I think we should get Exarecr (if he still considers going to a leafs game) to hold up a sign with the writing "Straighten Up Or ELSE!!!"

Exarecr
22 Nov 07,, 01:07
Last week in a fit of post game rage I told the wife to lose the tickets so naturally she put them in her purse to hang on to them untill game time god love her. As soon as they win one in a row again you know as sure as the sun will rise all will be well again. Ain,t we Leaf fans pathetic or what!

Mobbme
22 Nov 07,, 01:10
Last week in a fit of post game rage I told the wife to lose the tickets so naturally she put them in her purse to hang on to them untill game time god love her. As soon as they win one in a row again you know as sure as the sun will rise all will be well again. Ain,t we Leaf fans pathetic or what!

Imagine them putting on some sort of winning streak? We'd start having Stanley Cup dreams again :rolleyes:

Exarecr
22 Nov 07,, 01:31
Speaking of the cup,it was here in Kingston a couple of months ago and I got to touch,and stroke and smell and smile.....it was glorious. After I found the row the Leafs were on the last time they won it I rubbed it for karma and of course the Leafs missed the playoffs by one point. Oh the pain. My son, a Calgary fan was gaga over the cup also but he pointed out correctly that no Leaf since 67 has or will touch the Cup out of superstition so I feel a little smug every time I see Raycroft miss an easy one. Cheers

Mobbme
22 Nov 07,, 14:32
How about those Hurricaines? :P They're at 10 losses now :eek: Hopefully your argument won't be 3 were o.t losses heheheh

gunnut
22 Nov 07,, 22:47
Speaking of the cup,it was here in Kingston a couple of months ago and I got to touch,and stroke and smell and smile.....it was glorious. After I found the row the Leafs were on the last time they won it I rubbed it for karma and of course the Leafs missed the playoffs by one point. Oh the pain. My son, a Calgary fan was gaga over the cup also but he pointed out correctly that no Leaf since 67 has or will touch the Cup out of superstition so I feel a little smug every time I see Raycroft miss an easy one. Cheers

You suck. :mad:

I only saw the cup at a local mall. We got there too late and the line to take pictures with it was already cut off.

On the high res picture, you can see she's licking the 1963-64 Toronto Maple Leafs.

Exarecr
23 Nov 07,, 05:06
Great picture Gunnut. As soon as I learn how to transfer my Cup picture on this damn machine I will. Still learning how to use this thing. Damn freezing rain is starting to cause brown-outs so it,s time to shut it down. Leafs and Dallas tomorrow. Im nervous. Cheers.

Mobbme
23 Nov 07,, 16:16
Gold pic Gunnut! I think I'll use that as my background on desktop ;)

gunnut
23 Nov 07,, 23:21
Gold pic Gunnut! I think I'll use that as my background on desktop ;)

In that case, you will need the hi res one so you can see the names of the Leaf players.

SuperiorPics Celebrity Forums: Hayden Panettiere making out with the Stanley Cup, 3/15, 29 HQ (http://forums.superiorpics.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1167894/an/0/page/0%231167894)

Mobbme
23 Nov 07,, 23:59
In that case, you will need the hi res one so you can see the names of the Leaf players.

SuperiorPics Celebrity Forums: Hayden Panettiere making out with the Stanley Cup, 3/15, 29 HQ (http://forums.superiorpics.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1167894/an/0/page/0%231167894)

GOLD!! Gold I tell you! :))

From the first pic you posted, I thought it was a random hottie. Now I know its a hot actress ;)

Mobbme
24 Nov 07,, 00:00
Hehehhe, theres another pic on there that i'm using as my desktop background ;)

Exarecr
24 Nov 07,, 05:05
The pain continues. I can,t figure this team out. There seems to be no team chemistry what so ever. On top of all this I don.t think there is another team that has mistakes come back to bite them in the butt as much as the Leafs have had happen this year. Up against Gretzky,s crew tomorrow so lord knows whats going to happen . A Tums Cheers.

Mobbme
24 Nov 07,, 13:51
I was trying to stay awake for the big boxing match (Vargas vs Mayorga), and then Dallas scored to tie it at 1 and that was it for me :frown:
I walked straight to my room and passed out! And from the highlights, I didn't miss much of a good game, but I missed a hell of a boxing match.

smilingassassin
24 Nov 07,, 19:17

You know I think this would be the first time I wished I was the cup rather than I wish I had the cup!!

Exarecr
25 Nov 07,, 02:40
Good god the second period isn,t even over and its already 5 to 1 for the other guys, It,s even effecting my grammar(check out my thread on Tumbstones).Yikes.

Mobbme
26 Nov 07,, 21:08
I'm actually looking forward to tuesday night's game between Toronto and Montreal :redface:

Aslong as the leafs win tuesday, i'll be happy man (just like the day I lost my virginity)

Mobbme
28 Nov 07,, 00:58
All-Star Game voting has begun and no Toronto Maple Leaf goalie is seen on the list :mad:

Goaltenders
Cristobal Huet Montreal 64,351
Henrik Lundqvist NY Rangers 57,715
Martin Brodeur New Jersey 57,415
Martin Biron Philadelphia 49,193
Ryan Miller Buffalo 25,008
Ray Emery Ottawa 19,854
Rick DiPietro NY Islanders 19,367
Cam Ward Carolina 17,657
Olaf Kolzig Washington 10,506
Tomas Vokoun Florida 10,232

You'd think, with one of the most popular franchies in the world, they'd have a goalie in top ten voting!!

NHL.com - News (http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=344616)

gunnut
28 Nov 07,, 01:00
All-Star Game voting has begun and no Toronto Maple Leaf goalie is seen on the list :mad:

Goaltenders
Cristobal Huet Montreal 64,351
Henrik Lundqvist NY Rangers 57,715
Martin Brodeur New Jersey 57,415
Martin Biron Philadelphia 49,193
Ryan Miller Buffalo 25,008
Ray Emery Ottawa 19,854
Rick DiPietro NY Islanders 19,367
Cam Ward Carolina 17,657
Olaf Kolzig Washington 10,506
Tomas Vokoun Florida 10,232

You'd think, with one of the most popular franchies in the world, they'd have a goalie in top ten voting!!

NHL.com - News (http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=344616)

You know who's missing on that list? Pascal Leclair

Mobbme
28 Nov 07,, 04:03
You know who's missing on that list? Pascal Leclair

Luongo and Giguere aswell

Mobbme
28 Nov 07,, 04:03
Leafs lost again. But that Kilger goal was unbelievable.

gunnut
28 Nov 07,, 07:32
Vancuver just spanked the Ducks.

Ducks really suck without Scott and Teemu. Who ever thought a Norris trophy winner and a one-time 76 goal scorer could make that much of a difference.

Shamus
28 Nov 07,, 14:08
Vancuver just spanked the Ducks.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Mobbme
28 Nov 07,, 16:59
Scott Niedermeyer will be back most likely in January. With the acquisition of Schneider, and the return of Niedermeyer there will be no stopping Anaheim once playoffs start. Thats why my pick again is Anaheim. New York Rangers will make noise in the playoffs, but I dont see any team beating Ottawa in the east.

Mobbme
28 Nov 07,, 17:00
I heard rumours how Brian Burke, present President & GM of Anaheim, might come to Toronto to become our new GM :eek:

smilingassassin
28 Nov 07,, 17:23
Vancuver just spanked the Ducks.

Ducks really suck without Scott and Teemu. Who ever thought a Norris trophy winner and a one-time 76 goal scorer could make that much of a difference.

...and for a change the goals were preaty too!

smilingassassin
28 Nov 07,, 17:26
I heard rumours how Brian Burke, present President & GM of Anaheim, might come to Toronto to become our new GM :eek:

I've heard Bowman as well, its likely just a rumor as Burke was quoted as saying he had something like another 2 years on his contract, didn't have an out and didn't want an out either.

Mobbme
28 Nov 07,, 19:27
I just saw Burke on t.v, he was like "no one told me anything about the leafs and myself... How come no one decided to call me? Next time you want to use my name, atleast give me a call... blah blah me and my wife like it down here and plan on staying here in anaheim" well, something along those lines

gunnut
28 Nov 07,, 23:20
Scott Niedermeyer will be back most likely in January. With the acquisition of Schneider, and the return of Niedermeyer there will be no stopping Anaheim once playoffs start. Thats why my pick again is Anaheim. New York Rangers will make noise in the playoffs, but I dont see any team beating Ottawa in the east.

Ducks still need to find someone who can score on the powerplay the way Teemu did last year.

Ottawa's problem still lies in the goalies. Both their goalies are susceptable to playoff pressure. There are good goalies in the regular season, then there are goalies like Roy and Broduer.

Mobbme
29 Nov 07,, 00:47
Ducks still need to find someone who can score on the powerplay the way Teemu did last year.

Ottawa's problem still lies in the goalies. Both their goalies are susceptable to playoff pressure. There are good goalies in the regular season, then there are goalies like Roy and Broduer.

Giguere's been there as well :biggrin: Finals one year, and then won the cup last year. Look at how amazing bryzgalov is playing now :eek: ... I think the war between Burke and Edmonton is finally over, since the Great One got gold inreturn for NOTHING! I honestly believe that Burke had called Wayne to tell him that bryzgalov was about to be put on waivers, because it was said Phoenix IMMEDIATELY nabbed him

gunnut
29 Nov 07,, 00:56
Giguere's been there as well :biggrin: Finals one year, and then won the cup last year. Look at how amazing bryzgalov is playing now :eek: ... I think the war between Burke and Edmonton is finally over, since the Great One got gold inreturn for NOTHING! I honestly believe that Burke had called Wayne to tell him that bryzgalov was about to be put on waivers, because it was said Phoenix IMMEDIATELY nabbed him

We knew Bryz can play. We also knew Giguere can play. Giguere carried the Ducks in the 2003 playoffs and won Conn Smythe. Bryz carried the Ducks in 2006 playoffs when Giguere went cold.

What you said does have merit. Bryz commands very high trade value and Ducks pretty much let him go for free. Phoenix is kicking some serious ass now.

Bryz was in goal for Phoenix a few nights ago visiting Anaheim. There was a pre-game tribute for Bryz on the video display. Most of the fans gave him a standing O.

Canmoore
29 Nov 07,, 01:09
How smooth is this guys?

There is a girl I really like, I visit her at her work and walk her home some nights. Last night we went back to my place to watch the rest of the hockey game.

I said in the third period as the leafs were down 3-2, if we kiss than it will send good vibrations all the way to Toronto, and the leafs will play better..

30 seconds to go, Sundin ties it!!

I then say the same thing for Overtime, and the shootout. Toronto ended up loosing, but they did get a point.. And I did make out with the girl!!

I think my single days may have come to and end!!

I bleed the blue and white forever!!

Mobbme
29 Nov 07,, 16:16
How smooth is this guys?

There is a girl I really like, I visit her at her work and walk her home some nights. Last night we went back to my place to watch the rest of the hockey game.

I said in the third period as the leafs were down 3-2, if we kiss than it will send good vibrations all the way to Toronto, and the leafs will play better..

I then say the same thing for Overtime, and the shootout. Toronto ended up loosing, but they did get a point.. And I did make out with the girl!!

Hahahhhah thats classic bro :) My girl hates it when I watch sports. She'll complain about how I only pay attention to the t.v and not her LOL But I do turn off the t.v when she turns me on that is :)) ONLY TIME I TURN OFF THE T.V!!!!

Mobbme
29 Nov 07,, 16:22
We knew Bryz can play. We also knew Giguere can play. Giguere carried the Ducks in the 2003 playoffs and won Conn Smythe. Bryz carried the Ducks in 2006 playoffs when Giguere went cold.

What you said does have merit. Bryz commands very high trade value and Ducks pretty much let him go for free. Phoenix is kicking some serious ass now.

Bryz was in goal for Phoenix a few nights ago visiting Anaheim. There was a pre-game tribute for Bryz on the video display. Most of the fans gave him a standing O.

Phoenix has won a few in a row and he's undefeated. I thought Anaheim's goalie tandom was like that of San Jose's with Vokoun and Toskala; Toskala carried San Jose as well, but they lost eventually. But now we have the bad luck of finding out Toskala is nothing like Bryzgalov, and not even close :eek: .

Ottawa is in a similar situation right now, they have two outstanding goalies. But the problem is this, its their playoff run this year as well, do they trade a goalie or do they keep both incase one of them turns soft? I'm going with the latter, it doesn't hurt them to keep both goalies and they don't really need anything in return, they have amazing fowards and really good defence. Bringing in a new face might even hurt their longtime chemistry.

Mobbme
29 Nov 07,, 17:18
Bryzgalov lost one last night against Minnesota. But Phoenix's D was all over the place, Marion Gaborik had 3 breakaways against bryzgalov in which he scored on the final one

smilingassassin
29 Nov 07,, 17:57
How smooth is this guys?

You are a crafty devil, so smooooth, and hey it had a 60% success rate, she'd likely go along with the ploy indefinately with those odds!

Canmoore
30 Nov 07,, 05:19
You are a crafty devil, so smooooth, and hey it had a 60% success rate, she'd likely go along with the ploy indefinately with those odds!

Best part is that she is an Ottawa fan!!!

Mobbme
30 Nov 07,, 18:34

:eek:

:))

smilingassassin
30 Nov 07,, 22:31

Oh that is GRAND!!!

Mobbme
01 Dec 07,, 01:22
Icin on the cake is the spankin leafs gave Atlanta last night :P

Canmoore
01 Dec 07,, 01:25
Icin on the cake is the spankin leafs gave Atlanta last night :P

I live just outside Ottawa.. Out hear, all but the rare Toronto games are blanked out. However, all the english networds (TSN, Sportsnet, A-Channel) were not carrying the Ottawa-Nashville game. So I watched the Ottawa game on RDS, the French sports channel.

I must admit I was going for Ottawa, just because Nashville should remain known for country music.. not hockey.

I had to laugh though, when the Senators tied the game with 45 seconds to go in the third, only to have the Predators score again with 20 seconds to go!

Mobbme
01 Dec 07,, 01:50
yeah, I got all ready and hyped for game against atlanta, only to my bad luck, it wasnt on cable t.v OR satellite... It was on stupid leafs t.v... Which is pissing me off, leafs are not winning, who hte hell wants to pay extra to watch them? We're loyal enough god dhammit!

Mobbme
01 Dec 07,, 23:06
Sid the Kid vs Toronto tonight and I believe Leafs will slip away with this one tonight.

Mobbme
02 Dec 07,, 02:41
End of 2nd period, leafs are up 3 nill GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!! 3rd period is the worst for us, lets see if Leafs manage to keep the win hehehe

Mobbme
02 Dec 07,, 06:16
You guys see the highlights of the drumming the Sabres gave the Hurricainnes?? ROFL

Canmoore
02 Dec 07,, 18:56
two wins! this is good

smilingassassin
02 Dec 07,, 21:51
I watched the second period, the Leafs played like they should and Blake played like he had a fire in his pants!

Mobbme
05 Dec 07,, 00:59
2 game win streak is on the line against Nashville tonight... JORDAN TOOTOO welcome to Mark Bell ;P

glyn
05 Dec 07,, 11:17
And still nobody has picked the puck up?:confused: :eek:

Exarecr
05 Dec 07,, 14:26
Great game last night though the last 10 minutes had me chomping the tums like they were candy. Three in a row! This has cheered me up a lot as we just moved from Kingston to the sleepy little border town(Gananoque),about 25 k,s east of Kingston. What a change and I hope this place grows on me because so far this little village is rather boreing. Worse yet, I have settled into enemy lands where all are mainly Sens fans. Leafs vs Rangers on Thursday. Should be a good one. Glad to be back. Cheers.

smilingassassin
05 Dec 07,, 19:23
Whats better than Toronto wining three in a row? The Sens losing in SO to Tampa, mwahahaha!

Exarecr
05 Dec 07,, 19:47
Yes Smilingassassin, the 7th loss in a row tonite would be a beautiful thing,more so here in Sens land. Don,t think Florida will give them much of a fight though.

Mobbme
05 Dec 07,, 21:25
Sens were the hottest teams. Its so nice to see that the tables are turned around, in our favour :biggrin:

Sean Avery vs Tucker/Blake round 2. Lets see how that unfolds, but I don't expect to see a pre-game yap-fest like last game because of the heavy fines that were given out

Exarecr
05 Dec 07,, 21:29
I heard Avery was injured?

Mobbme
05 Dec 07,, 21:47
Great, thanks for popping my bubble Exarecr :tongue: LOL I joke I joke, but its still going to be a hell of a game. Gomez-Drury-Shanahan-Jagr grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Exarecr
05 Dec 07,, 21:54
This is the test. If they can win with confidence and not run around like headless chickens for the last 10 minutes we could have a team.............................................. .......................maybe. Tonite all I want is an Ottawa loss just so I can check out the Ottawa Sun and see the panic.

gunnut
05 Dec 07,, 22:12
Avery had some "clean up" arthroscopic surgery on his left wrist. He'll be back within 2 weeks.

Brian McCabe skated for over 30 minutes in a game and the Leafs didn't lose. :eek:

Exarecr
06 Dec 07,, 23:20
Okay Leaf fans,this is the big one. Four in a row and the Universe is back in alignment. Four in a row and and I sleep in gratified bliss. Four in a row and I come up with crap like this but hey, Im a Leaf fan. Cheap thrills is all there is at the moment. Go Leafs GO. Cheers.

gunnut
06 Dec 07,, 23:22
Scotty is back with the Ducks. That should be an instant improvement on power play, penalty kill, even strength, leadership, and that's about it.

Exarecr
07 Dec 07,, 00:00
Last night at the interview with respect to "Scotty",I thought Brian Burkes forehead veins were going to explode he looked so stressed out and angry over the whole situation. He is not a happy camper.

gunnut
07 Dec 07,, 00:26
Last night at the interview with respect to "Scotty",I thought Brian Burkes forehead veins were going to explode he looked so stressed out and angry over the whole situation. He is not a happy camper.

Yeah it wreaked havoc on the team's roster and salary cap situations. And he made it clear to Scott that he won't be able to do this again if he can't make up his mind next year. Ducks signed Schneider for a lot of money and now won't be able to lock Perry under long term contract, unless some people get moved around.

Burke wants to lock Perry in because of what happened to Penner this off season. Oilers offered him a $21 million deal as a restricted free agent. Ducks simply didn't have the money to match. So there he went.

smilingassassin
07 Dec 07,, 01:24
Scotty is back with the Ducks. That should be an instant improvement on power play, penalty kill, even strength, leadership, and that's about it.

Definately not good news if your in the western conferance. The ducks have been pitifull without him and Selanne.

Exarecr
07 Dec 07,, 01:31
The team reaction will be interesting to observe. Of course they will claim all is well but really,the motive for holding out will be interpreted by some as pure grand-standing.

Mobbme
07 Dec 07,, 02:00
Burke is a very clever GM. He may be putting on an act of "toughness". We don't know for sure, but ANY GM would be happy to acquire Scotty too hotty on any given day! He doesnt want his players to think he's giving a free pass to Niedermeyer to do whatever he wants to do, you know what i'm saying? But in the end, Anaheim now has the best defence by a LONG SHOT, eat your hearts out DEVILS!!!! :tongue:

I guess its the celebrity status that follows Scotty, because now im really really looking forward to catching a glimpse of the ducks. I've said it before, and i'll say it again, Anaheim all the way to finals! Rangers or Senators will be waiting there for them.

Mobbme
07 Dec 07,, 02:02
Friggin' leafs aren't playing on local cable or satellite. I'm getting extremely aggravated and i'm thinking of organizing some sort of protest infront of the ACC centre about this. Tonight's game is going to be a hell of a game, and I don't have leafs t.v neither will I ever get it because cable t.v itself is too expensive. I've tried to look for the game online, but to no avail... I will rely on cnn.com or nhl.com for score updates :(

Mobbme
07 Dec 07,, 03:07
So, my sports update site has notified me that Antropov has scored a hat-trick :eek:

Exarecr
07 Dec 07,, 03:26
Hey Mobbme,I get the NHL pack on Rodgers cable and it includes the Leaf channel and games that are blacked out even though it says they are not available. If you rented a box from them you should be able to get the Leafs. Leafs just made it 6-2. Cheers

Repatriated Canuck
07 Dec 07,, 04:05
I'm getting a slingbox to attatch to my mothers cable so I can watch Hockey Night in Canada on Sunday morning live here in Australia.

I found a place that sells Kokanee too!!

I'm quite stoked as you can imagine having been deprived of hockey for just about four years now... :(

Oh and contrary to popular belief Australian Football is not a tough sport anymore and they go down and hold onto their legs, cry like little girls and then get up, like soccer.

Exarecr
07 Dec 07,, 04:53
Four years without hockey! Missing out on all those wonderfull Leaf runs for the Cup the last 4 years. Show them Aussies how to take a few stiches eh!

Mobbme
07 Dec 07,, 05:04
I think Moosehead is also one of the few canadian beers left. I can be wrongg... leafs played a hell of a game, too bad I missed it :(

Hey Exarecr, its impossible for me to get the leafs t.v through rogers. I have the normal cable, and since my brother got the satellites up, my dad would never pay extra... I can take the initiative and pay the extra 14 bucks ( I believe thats how much it is ) but then i'd have to pay for the highspeed internet hehehehe, so I'm screwed either way :mad:

gunnut
07 Dec 07,, 05:06
Burke is a very clever GM. He may be putting on an act of "toughness". We don't know for sure, but ANY GM would be happy to acquire Scotty too hotty on any given day! He doesnt want his players to think he's giving a free pass to Niedermeyer to do whatever he wants to do, you know what i'm saying? But in the end, Anaheim now has the best defence by a LONG SHOT, eat your hearts out DEVILS!!!! :tongue:

I guess its the celebrity status that follows Scotty, because now im really really looking forward to catching a glimpse of the ducks. I've said it before, and i'll say it again, Anaheim all the way to finals! Rangers or Senators will be waiting there for them.

Maybe Scotty just wanted some time off. He played a lot of hockey in his life time. He really hasn't missed many games other than the 2000 season when he missed 25 games. Last season he played 100 out of the possible 103 games. And then training camp started no more than 3 months after the last game of the playoffs. A young kid might be giddy to start another season, but he is playing his 16th season this year.

Of course I think there is a bit of grandstanding by Scott. He's good enough to get special treatment. Just like good looking women can get away with a lot more than "plain" looking women, especially at a bar.

This will be a scary defense though. Niedermeyer, Pronger, Schneider, Beauchemin (just in case if you don't know, this guy can skate 30 min a game), and O'Donnel (not flashy, just solid). Then there's a very smooth skating defenseman Kent Huskins. Ducks also signed Shane Hnidy in the off season. The last 3 guys don't get a lot of ice time. They might move one of them soon to clear some cap space.

Mobbme
07 Dec 07,, 06:01
Man, Pronger alone scares the hell out of me. And last year in the playoffs, the ducks won every game that pronger was suspended for, thus making Niedermeyer's stock higher than pronger's. They have the best defence, end of story. With scott's return, is our defence still the highest paid? I think Anaheims is now.

Anaheim has the D and the Goalie, but upfront they need another high calibre forward, and when we get closer to the trading deadline there will be plenty of players on **** teams that will certainly wan't to be "rent-a-player" for the ducks

gunnut
07 Dec 07,, 09:26
Have you guys noticed all of a sudden there are a ton of hockey players named Ryan?

Ryan Getzlaf, Ryan Miller, Ryan Shannon, Ryan Clowe, Ryan Whitney, and Ryan Malone. Am I forgetting anyone?

Mobbme
08 Dec 07,, 08:49
Have you guys noticed all of a sudden there are a ton of hockey players named Ryan?

Ryan Getzlaf, Ryan Miller, Ryan Shannon, Ryan Clowe, Ryan Whitney, and Ryan Malone. Am I forgetting anyone?

LOLLLLLL Ryan Smith?

gunnut
08 Dec 07,, 09:01
LOLLLLLL Ryan Smith?

Yeah I just saw his name on the Colorado box score.

You know if we can find a few more there will be literally ONE TON of hockey players named Ryan?

Canmoore
08 Dec 07,, 20:18
Classic original 6 match up tonight!! Toronto is going to make it 5 in a row!

Exarecr
08 Dec 07,, 20:34
Which team is going to show up tonite? Last game saw a few of the old dumb-ass moves starting to creep back into the game. Tums are ready.

Mobbme
08 Dec 07,, 22:40
Bruins have had our number lately. It would be nice to see the leafs overcoming that. 5th straight win? Oh man, stanley cup here we come! :))

Exarecr
09 Dec 07,, 15:06
You can put aside your Stanley Cup parade for a while yet Mobbme after last nights performance. There was no passion. They showed little interest in being in the arena to begin with(why care about the fans forking out 200 bucks a ticket for the cheap seats)so I just don,t see any improvement in this team other than the end of a 4 game lucky streak that will probebly begin a 5 game loseing streak that will have folks crying for managerial heads to roll. Sound familiar! It,s all to mucking futch. On to curling where a sweep has meaning..........not.... but damn, how much is a Leaf fan to put up with before crying uncle. Think I will go out and shovel some snow and sulk for a few hours. Cheers.

Mobbme
10 Dec 07,, 00:41
heheheh The bruins played a very disciplined game. Did you see their positioning? They reminded me of the old New Jersey Devils; they had one man in, and 4 skaters back protecting their zone at all times. I'm surprised leafs snuck one past them.

Exarecr
10 Dec 07,, 00:47
So much for the end of "the trap". It was almost like watching Jersey of old. The only difference is the Leafs are way worse.

Mobbme
11 Dec 07,, 04:40
Good come back game innit? 6-1 annihilation of the lightning.. I'm feeling ALIVE BOYS!

Exarecr
11 Dec 07,, 04:47
Yup,good game. On to a 7 game road trip starting in Montreal on Saturday. This should be a good one!

gunnut
11 Dec 07,, 08:48
Both the Ducks and the Kings won tonight. That is so rare these days.

Ducks now come home to practive with Scotty in the line up.

Kings visit Blackhawks next. Let's see if Havlat can make it through another game without going to the IR.

Mobbme
11 Dec 07,, 22:02
Havlat scored two beautys of goals in his first game back. He's not the most important player on that team now, but he sure helps. I don't know what happened with Havlat, he's so prone to getting injured now. In ottawa he was an iron man I believe, along with Alfie.

Hey, there is this young phenom on the Chicago Blackhawks named Kane? Is that him? No one heard of him until the season started. He's a very small and skinny guy, but he's a heck of a player. I watched a few highlights a few weeks ago and he was all over the score board, the young guy - might be kane?

gunnut
11 Dec 07,, 22:59
Havlat scored two beautys of goals in his first game back. He's not the most important player on that team now, but he sure helps. I don't know what happened with Havlat, he's so prone to getting injured now. In ottawa he was an iron man I believe, along with Alfie.

Hey, there is this young phenom on the Chicago Blackhawks named Kane? Is that him? No one heard of him until the season started. He's a very small and skinny guy, but he's a heck of a player. I watched a few highlights a few weeks ago and he was all over the score board, the young guy - might be kane?

There's Patrick Kane, I think he's their #1 pick last year. Then there's Jonathan Toews, #1 pick this year. And Patrick Sharp, #1 pick a few years ago.

Their newest guy has a funny name, Dustin Bufug....lien...something. We just call him Buttfuglien.

Canmoore
11 Dec 07,, 23:04
Chicago is lookin' not to bad this year.. I hope they make a splash in the playoffs.

Mobbme
12 Dec 07,, 00:17
Chicago might be a dark horse, but we have to wait for the last few games in the season to see whos playing who in the playoffs.

Leafs are playing Atlanta friday night and I believe on the road? 7 game road trip? Yikes, we all know what happens when they do that :mad: I hope they get a few wins atleast.

gunnut
12 Dec 07,, 06:38
East coast teams are wimps. A trip out of their own time zone is considered an obsticle.

Look at the west coast teams' schedule. Every other road game is out of the Pacific time zone.

Mobbme
12 Dec 07,, 11:37
heheh, rangers and leafs are on East coast :tongue: they are the highest earning teams. West coast have the suffering teams. But I don't even know if that makes a difference, so my point has no baring LOL

Guys, Philli got their revenge against crosby and the penguins:
Two hat-tricks, a 8-2 thumpin, and lots and lots of hits

Mobbme
17 Dec 07,, 10:43
I don't like this at all:

SI.com - NHL - Ducks trade McDonald to Blues for Weight - Friday December 14, 2007 9:08PM (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/hockey/nhl/12/14/ducks.blues.trade.ap/index.html)

Blues acquire McDonald from Ducks
Anaheim gets Weight, prospect, draft pick, cap space
Posted: Friday December 14, 2007 8:45PM; Updated: Friday December 14, 2007 10:43PM

Andy McDonald appeared in his first All-Star Game last season and helped lead the Ducks to their first Stanley Cup championship.
Lou Capozzola/SI

ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) -- Andy McDonald, a key member of the Anaheim Ducks' Stanley Cup championship team last season, was traded Friday to the St. Louis Blues for Doug Weight, Michal Birner and a seventh-round draft pick next year.

McDonald, in the second year of a three-year, $10 million contract, had 27 goals and 51 assists in 82 games last season, and played in his first NHL All-Star game. He has four goals and 12 assists in 33 games this season.

The 30-year-old center played in 391 games with the Ducks after signing as a free agent before the 2000-01 season.

Anaheim general manager Brian Burke called McDonald one of the better players ever to wear a Ducks uniform, adding "Moving a guy like Andy is tough."

Burke believes Weight might be a better fit for the Ducks now, saying he has great respect for him for his willingness to always play for the United States in the World Championships.

"I know he can pass and he can compete," the GM said.

Burke said he was pleased that the Ducks were able to keep their defense intact.

The trade frees up cap space for the return of defenseman Scott Niedermayer, who announced last week he was returning to the Ducks after considering retirement. Anaheim would have been over the cap figure next season.

The move also creates cap flexibility, freeing up potential money to re-sign forward Corey Perry.

Weight said he was getting "more excited by the minute" at the thought of joining the defending Stanley Cup champions.

"It's good to be a Duck," he said during a conference call from his home. "It's been a strange turn of events over the past couple of days."

Weight, whose contract expires after this season, had four goals and seven assists in 29 games for the Blues this season.

Talking about a relatively dry spell this year, he said, "I felt like I've never been more unlucky. I'm very confident in my game."

The 36-year-old center is a four-time All-Star who helped the Carolina Hurricanes win the Stanley Cup in 2006, getting three goals and 13 assists in 23 playoff games.

Weight has 259 goals and 696 assists in 1,093 career games with the New York Rangers, Edmonton Oilers, Carolina and St. Louis.

Blues president John Davidson was quoted on the team's Web site as saying St. Louis was "excited to add a top caliber forward. ... Doug is a true professional and we would like to thank him and his wife, Allison, for the time and dedication they have provided to the St. Louis Blues."

Birner had two goals and five assists in 18 games this season for Peoria, the Blues' American Hockey League affiliate. The 21-year-old left wing played his first professional season with Peoria last season, getting 11 goals and 17 assists in 66 games. The Blues took him in the fourth round of the 2004 entry draft.

Mobbme
17 Dec 07,, 10:45
Doug Weight is a heck of a player, he will help no doubt. But he isnt in the likes of a Teemu Selanne and Andy Mcdonald. Anaheim is really going to miss the speed of Mcdonald.

I don't see a Selanne come-back now. With Niedermeyer's return, the ducks lost the game in ot shoot out. But it was against San Jose, I don't expect the ducks to lose any more important games. Lets just see what this Burke is upto now - they have the cap space they wanted, but I have a feeling he's not done yet.

gunnut
17 Dec 07,, 23:59
I don't like that trade on the surface. It looks like St. Louis got the sweet end.

But then if you think about it, MacDonald didn't have any chemistry with any of the forwards after Selanne. He's fast, but had no support.

Ducks are banking on the Getzlaf line of Getzlaf, Perry, and Kunitz. These 3 guys are young, fast, big, and have the potential to score 30 goals a season each. After the Dustin Penner debacle, Burke will try his best to keep these 3 guys together for as long as possible, especially Getzlaf and Perry. They came up together and have rarely played on different lines.

Weight might have better chemistry with Bertuzzi. That's the most important thing for this season. Get some offense from their expensive investment. The trade is worth it if Weight and Bertuzzi can supply the 2nd line offense Ducks need to win.

I like Andy MacDonald. I'm sad to see him go. I hope he will find success in St. Louis with the other half of the Dynamic Duo of Ducks Past...Paul Kariya.

smilingassassin
18 Dec 07,, 00:10
I agree Gunny, Weight is not the player he used to be. I suspect the weight/McDonald trade is a lead up to some other trade.

Mobbme
18 Dec 07,, 09:47
I heard an analyst on t.v say that Weight's contract also expires at the end of the season, so that will be perfect for Brian Burke. I also really liked Andy Macdonald, but business is business. Anaheim had to lose him to keep Niedermeyer, so let it be.

Mobbme
18 Dec 07,, 09:55
Anaheim's d is a force to reckon with. I'm even more hyped up about the playoffs now. GO LEAFS GO! ROFL

Hey, have you guys ever wondered what the hell is going on in Washington? They have one of the greatest future stars in Ovechkin, but the capitals are most likely going to miss the playoffs again :eek: They started off on fire, and were already thinking post-season, and now its almost January and they're nowhere to be found

gunnut
18 Dec 07,, 10:29
Weight's contract expires at the end of this year to free up the money (for next year) to place Niedermeyer on the active roster due to the fact that Niedermeyer is signged through next year. I guess your pay roll has to be kosher for all the years and people signed.

Here's Burke's next challenge: he has to find the money to sign Perry before this season ends, and sooner better than later. The more goals Perry scores this year (looks to be quite a bit) the more expensive he will be.

As far as Washington goes, the Caps have no defense. It's a one-man show there. Ovechkin is very good. But the Caps need another scorer to take the focus off him. Right now, lock down Ovechkin and the Caps are out of goals. Then you score against their leaky defense. Kolzig is good, but he's getting a bit long in the tooth.

This problem is also present for the Ducks. Lock down the Getzlaf line and there aren't any other lines that can consistantly put the puck in the net. But at least the Ducks can get goals from their blueliners. Hopefully Weight and Bertuzzi can find some chemistry together and pick up the offensive slack.

Exarecr
19 Dec 07,, 04:17
What a way to play a game of hockey Toronto. Its just all to muking futch. There is a malignant karma festering about this team that is to bizarre to even begin to attempt to explain, if indeed there is an explanation.I just knew they were going to blow it. Brutal.

gunnut
19 Dec 07,, 09:46
Giving up 2 goals in the last 85 seconds to tie, 1 goal with 33 seconds to go in overtime to lose....wow, at least the Kings don't tease me like that :biggrin: We get blown out with consistency.

Mobbme
19 Dec 07,, 16:29
To even think about leaving the game when kaberle scored, because the game seemed to be over then, and then ALL OF A SUDDEN...

WHAT ON EARTH WAS THAT? The coach was probably furious. Leafs played to perfection the whole game, and then in the final 2 mins THAT happens?

THis is TOO HARD on us leaf fans, I was sitting there with my mouth open the entire OT, I JUST KNEW they werent goign to get the 2 points.

smilingassassin
19 Dec 07,, 17:31
At least the Canucks won, 5-0! As for the Leafs, I continue to be amazed at how inconsistant they are.

Mobbme
19 Dec 07,, 20:14
At least the Canucks won, 5-0! As for the Leafs, I continue to be amazed at how inconsistant they are.

Yeah, the canucks-devils game featured the Goalie Show-Down. Luongo came on top. Brodeur got scored against 5 times LOL

Canmoore
20 Dec 07,, 00:15
What the hell was that? You would have thought that McCabe was playing late in the third last night!

gunnut
20 Dec 07,, 22:59
You guys are right. Ducks' defense corp is pretty scary. They limited the Aves to 12 shots last night and scored both goals to win the game. Schneider is on the 3rd defensive pairing and actually logged the highest ice time.