Last King of Scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last King of Scotland

I saw this film last night. What does the WAB community think of this film? I thought it was a really fantastic movie.

I have a question though, was Dr. Nicholas Garrigan a real person??

Wta*

Originally posted by Canmoore View Post
    I saw this film last night. What does the WAB community think of this film? I thought it was a really fantastic movie.

I loved it. Filmed on location it showed a lot of typical African locale. I particularly liked all the expatriates hanging out in the bar at the Holiday Inn. That's what usually happens, the Holiday Inn or the Hilton, etc...

*Welcome To Africa
    Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
    (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

No, but he was very losly based on a man called Bob Astles

Comment

Great film. Breathtaking performance by Forrest Whittaker.

The Garrigan character is apparently an amalgam of several actual people, one of whom was Bob Astles.
        sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post

The Garrigan character is apparently an amalgam of several actual people, one of whom was Bob Astles.
          Imagine the horror of being told that you cannot go home. And your own people (will sort of) cannot get you out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post

Whitaker was brilliant. Great film. If you ever come across a copy, it was a damn good book too which was also somewhat different to the movie.

Comment

Working...
            X