Thompson is in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thompson is in!

Fred Thompson just anounced on Leno, its offical he is in. "Its warm its very warm."

Happy to here it. He's been playing with our heads for months. He's a good chance to win, but he's also a good target for attack. Then again, so was Regan.
    "I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I saw Thompson speak. He's no Reagan. I don't know what he stands for either. But I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to learn what he stands for over the next 14 months.
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
        I don't know what he stands for either.
        Ditto. That's why I'm not sure if I should celebrate or not.
        In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
        The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

Originally posted by Stan187 View Post
          Ditto. That's why I'm not sure if I should celebrate or not.
          He is a federalist. Strong believer in the Constitution. He believes that it lays out what should fall under the federal government, and what should not. Certain issues he has opinions on, but still believes that the Constitution does not give the federal government to legislate on those issues, and that it is up to the states to determine them.

Here is a video of him explaining his views and experience:
          YouTube - Fred Thompon Announces his Candidacy for President

He is a return to conservative values, which the current administration and GOP have veered from. The Neo-Conservatives are no better than Social Democrats when it comes to government spending and the size and scope of federal government.

As a non-Republican, he has my vote based on his view of the Constitution alone. I can not in good conscious vote for a politician who is going to dismantle the very document I swore an oath to defend.
          http://groundpoundingtruth.com/

Comment

I cant wait to see him debate with the rest. He will certainly be a voice of common sense and bare bones answers. Not like the showboating that has been going on alot lately with these delagates.:)

Freddy certainly has my vote win or loose.
            Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Army5339 View Post
              H
              He is a return to conservative values, which the current administration and GOP have veered from. The Neo-Conservatives are no better than Social Democrats when it comes to government spending and the size and scope of federal government.
              Erm.. or people who choose to call themselves Neo-Conservatives but really go against their own stated philisophy.

Thanks for the video btw, that's the type of thing I was hoping for.
              In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
              The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

Working...
              X