Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Members Directory

How about creating a members directory,
    It could prove quite useful for new members if they know a little background of members,

I mean

OEE - Canadian Colonel
    Ray - Indian Brig etc etc

etc, and a little of other information.
    This could make moderators job a bit more easier, as Newbie's will think twice before going hyperbole against experinced and learned members.

Going to a members public profile accomplishes the same thing - were they invariably filled in to begin with! . I know a few people who feel that should be done by all new members before they are allowed to post, and is a requirement on many other fora. I don't know why WAB permits such anonymity.
    Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Because while we're a civilised bunch in general, we are at root anarchic.
      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Sir,

There are way too many threads to find out.
        I was wondering wether we could have one thread controlled by Moderator,
        which will include the details such as username, area of expertise, experience and age. Maybe you can include theatre's etc. Vague informations not personel one's.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
          How about creating a members directory,
          It could prove quite useful for new members if they know a little background of members,

I mean

OEE - Canadian Colonel
          Ray - Indian Brig etc etc

etc, and a little of other information.
          This could make moderators job a bit more easier, as Newbie's will think twice before going hyperbole against experinced and learned members.

Actually, I don't mind anyone who clears the cobwebs that I may have.

Knowledge is an unending pursuit.

Its fun actually!

But you suggestion has merits.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
            Sir,

There are way too many threads to find out.
            I was wondering wether we could have one thread controlled by Moderator,
            which will include the details such as username, area of expertise, experience and age. Maybe you can include theatre's etc. Vague informations not personel one's.
            Josh,
            That's something I've thought about for quite some time myself.
            It would be nice to have something like that.

I also agree that newbies tend to run afoul of our Professionals and wind up getting themselves tossed (almost always after grossly insulting said Professional, which would result in anybody getting shown the door, whether insulting a Professional or "merely" an established member).

I think though at the moment the Professional tag under each screenname is sufficient in conjunction with the warning in the Forum Guidelines:

there a certain individuals whom we have ascertained as possessing a professional status. Keep in mind when questioning their experiences and opinions in their areas of expertise, making idiotic, sarcastic, and rude comments may invite swift retribution, and the staff may not be inclined to shield you from the consequences of your behavior.
            We've also got this thread here that might help (though the details aren't quite what you're looking for)
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Thanks TopHatter,

I was looking for something exactly similar. Not all of information is there!! I know all of you are doing a hard job and hard pressed with ever time consuming real world problems too. But do keep my suggestion in mind, maybe if in future you do get some time please do something about it.

Josh

Comment

Working...
              X