Obituary: Common Sense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obituary: Common Sense

This item spans countries and societies.

Obituary
    Common Sense

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm, life isn't always fair, and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not children are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job they themselves failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer Aspirin, sun lotion or a sticky plaster to a student; but could not inform the parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims. Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't legally defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar can sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason. He is survived by three stepbrothers; I Know my Rights, Someone Else is to Blame, and I'm a Victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized ! he was gone. If you still remember him pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.
    Point in question:
    Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't legally defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar can sue you for assault.

We recently had a case here in Denmark where two men walked into a store pulled out guns and proceded to rob the place. The store ownere who had been robbed a number of times before and had finally got fed up, pulled out his own gun and started shooting wounding both perps, who then fled the scene, The police later arrested the perps, when the went to the hospital to get patched up. BUT they also arrested the store owner and charged him with having an illegal weapon, and for attempted murder!!! The attempted murder charge was later quashed in court, but he did receive a sentence for the gun charge.
    By the way, one of the perps has filed suit in civil court against the store owner, who being sick and tired of being victimized not only by criminals but also society has closed up his store!!!
    When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow. - Anais Nin

thats why when defending yourself you shoot to kill,dead men don,t talk,but i think he was a bit silly not licencing his weapon,but for his bravery i salute him ,i think most of us would have done the same.

Comment

Good post Amled.As far as victims rights,for a little good news Google Michigan and Florida's "castle" laws.They allow you to defend yourself against criminals and leave them no ability to sue you if they are wounded in the commision of a crime against your person-assuming you have reason to fear for your life.
      "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by soutie View Post
        thats why when defending yourself you shoot to kill,dead men don,t talk,but i think he was a bit silly not licencing his weapon,but for his bravery i salute him ,i think most of us would have done the same.
        Absolutley..make sure the Scum don't get up again I have often said that Common Sense ain't that common

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
          Absolutley..make sure the Scum don't get up again I have often said that Common Sense ain't that common
          Two to the chest,one to the head,try to rob me and end up dead;).Men after my own heart:).
          "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

[QUOTE=soutie;402004...but i think he was a bit silly not licencing his weapon..QUOTE]
            Gun laws over here are very very stringent, I'm not sure, that you can obtain a gun licence merely (!)for the purpose of self defence.
            When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow. - Anais Nin

Comment

Working...
            X