Terrorist gets statue ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrorist gets statue ...

Nelson M. has just got a bloody bronze next to W.C. in Parliament Square. Who next Jerry bloody Adams as another "peacemaker" ?

I shouldn't be shocked.
    Where's the bloody gin? An army marches on its liver, not its ruddy stomach.

And

If it makes it anymore interesting I've met the sod.
    Where's the bloody gin? An army marches on its liver, not its ruddy stomach.

Comment

Which one ?
      If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

Originally posted by The Chap View Post
        If it makes it anymore interesting I've met the sod.
        Small world!
        Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
        (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

I thought Nelson fought for the rights of his people. He stood up for his beliefs and was imprisoned. Surely if he was a terrorist then he would not be embraced and welcomed by so many.

Comment

very true ,but there is also this saying

One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter

Did,nt the English mark George Washington and his mates as terrorists or rebels ,as far as i know Mandela was the only activist who really resisted attacking soft targets ,he was arrested for high treason and was planning to blow up powerlines

What is the true definition of a terrorist.

Comment

I guess a terrorist can be anyone who defies what are supoosed to be the 'rules', and acts in a way that in a civilised world is not acceptable. Maybe... anyone help?

Comment

Someone whose actions inspire terror, I think.

Blowing up powerlines is the act of an anarchist, perhaps. Not a terrorist (unless he hopes they land on a bunch of people I guess).

Of course, George Bush says a terrorist is whomever he says it is, lol.

Comment

I am not to clued up on the geneva convention,but my interpretation of a terrorist is someone who does not wear a recognised uniform and is someone who attacks soft targets ,women and children etc,a terrorist i think is someone who does not follow the rules of war ,its difficult to draw a line on what is a terrorist or a terrorist act

Sometime or another many of us have done terrorism acts while wearing a uniform ,blowing up power stations means of communucation ,blowing up bridges ,even though those bridge are being used by the enemy.

While the south africans where in angola fighting ,did we not commit acts of terrorism against the Angolan people and army ,and with them to us.

To me a terrorist is someone who tries to force their ideology on us through fear and destruction,someone who commits murder and mayhem and force another way of life on us

To me a terrorist is someone who shows no loyalty to a government or country that they where born in or living in

To me a terrorist is someone who preaches hate and intolerance of other people and races

I know what a terr is.

Comment

A Terrorist is anyone who uses or favours violence or intimidating methods against a government or community..Now all send me $10 for that information ..or else :)

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                      A Terrorist is anyone who uses or favours violence or intimidating methods against a government or community..Now all send me $10 for that information ..or else :)
                      Your package is in the mail Dave,just ignore that quiet metallic "click" as you open it;).
                      "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by The Chap View Post
                        Nelson M. has just got a bloody bronze next to W.C. in Parliament Square. Who next Jerry bloody Adams as another "peacemaker" ?

I shouldn't be shocked.
                        Er.....Jerry Adams IS a peacemaker, it was Catholics, not Protestants, that have given N.I peace at last, and Big G was behind the wings in Sinn Féin - a statue might be a bit much though :).
                        Last edited by crooks; 31 Aug 07,, 15:54.
                        Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
                        - John Stuart Mill.

Comment

Originally posted by soutie View Post
                          I am not to clued up on the geneva convention,but my interpretation of a terrorist is someone who does not wear a recognised uniform and is someone who attacks soft targets ,women and children etc,a terrorist i think is someone who does not follow the rules of war ,its difficult to draw a line on what is a terrorist or a terrorist act

Sometime or another many of us have done terrorism acts while wearing a uniform ,blowing up power stations means of communucation ,blowing up bridges ,even though those bridge are being used by the enemy.

While the south africans where in angola fighting ,did we not commit acts of terrorism against the Angolan people and army ,and with them to us.

To me a terrorist is someone who tries to force their ideology on us through fear and destruction,someone who commits murder and mayhem and force another way of life on us

To me a terrorist is someone who shows no loyalty to a government or country that they where born in or living in

To me a terrorist is someone who preaches hate and intolerance of other people and races

I know what a terr is.

Like a lot of soldiers at first I had no particular hatred for the enemy. I fought for my mates. I fought because I had to, because the best way to insure my own survival was to fight hard and take the fight to the enemy, kill them before they kill you. One day that changed.

We arrived at a bombed market, smoke, dust and the stink of explosive still in the air. I remember it being eerily quite, just the sound of my boots on broken glass and some murmured, almost whispered moans. Not a whole lot of blood but it was as if someone had put a hundred pounds of hamburger in a stucco sprayer, there was little bits of meat everywhere, all over the walls, signs and the cash register.

I went to the first movement I saw. It was a young woman who could have been my wife's' twin. White sleeveless blouse, corn silk hair, deep blue eyes and that golden brown tan that only Dutch girls seem to get. She reached out to me and I realized she was missing from the waist down, her exposed spine like some rude tail of a SciFi movie monster. In that strange way that explosions have she was still alive, unable to speak because her diaphragm had nothing to push against. In her other hand she her held the tanned arm of a small child, just the arm.

My CO shook me by the shoulder saying, "She's gone, you can't do anything for her, help somebody you can". As I went to help another woman and her child my CO said, "This is what we're fighting for".

On that day I developed an uncompromising hatred for the enemy. I became an implacable foe, pursuing them without mercy, asking and giving no quarter. So yeah, I know what a terrorist is. People who kill innocents in the name of freedom are just murderers by any other name.

I don't begrudge Nelson Mandela a statue. I had the honor of shaking his hand. I found him to be a very large man and like at lot large men a very still, calm and deep man. In person somehow I did not think of him as an enemy. An extraordinary man for an extraordinary time.
                          Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                          (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Originally posted by Dwarven Pirate View Post
                            Someone whose actions inspire terror, I think.

Blowing up powerlines is the act of an anarchist, perhaps. Not a terrorist (unless he hopes they land on a bunch of people I guess).

Of course, George Bush says a terrorist is whomever he says it is, lol.
                            Yeah like those *****holes that flew planes into the WTC and the Pentagon, thats who he referes to as terrorists.
                            Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus View Post
                              Your package is in the mail Dave,just ignore that quiet metallic "click" as you open it;).
                              And if it smells of marzipan , it aint no xmas cake mate, but it will make the party go with a "bnag" , thats Dymanite to you

Comment

Working...
                              X