Rude awakening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rude awakening

At 0205 hours this morning, my wife heard some noise out front. She got me up and asked me to check on our cars parked out front.
    Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

I hear claymores can be had pretty cheaply on the open market Rusty;).
    "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

pics of my Dakota
      Attached Files

Comment

Damn....drunk...hit and run??
        "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus View Post
          Damn....drunk...hit and run??
          Then how to explain the flat tire?

Comment

Did you find that broken rear view mirror?

Comment

Reminds me about an incident that took place in Estonia when I was 5. I was sleeping in my grandfather's apartment, on the 5th floor. Suddenly I heard loud music and screams, and it appeared that some young "New Russians" had chosen out the parking lot underneath my window to hold their party.
              My grandfather decided not to take action until one of the thugs urinated on his Opel Ascona, that my grandfather didn't acquire easily considering the size of an academic's salary in post-Soviet Estonia.
              Holding a degree in chemistry, he let projectiles named after Stalin's foreign minister rain down on the BMWs of the perpetrators, and disappeared unnoticed back in the window.

The party ended immediately.

Comment

Our car was destroyed in a similar fashion when we moved into a "all-white" neighbourhood in Helsingborg, Sweden. I know exactly how it feels, RustyBattleship, and the most frustrating thing is that you can't do same to the teeth of the coward perpetrators because you'll never find them.

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
                  Reminds me about an incident that took place in Estonia when I was 5. I was sleeping in my grandfather's apartment, on the 5th floor. Suddenly I heard loud music and screams, and it appeared that some young "New Russians" had chosen out the parking lot underneath my window to hold their party.
                  My grandfather decided not to take action until one of the thugs urinated on his Opel Ascona, that my grandfather didn't acquire easily considering the size of an academic's salary in post-Soviet Estonia.
                  Holding a degree in chemistry, he let projectiles named after Stalin's foreign minister rain down on the BMWs of the perpetrators, and disappeared unnoticed back in the window.

The party ended immediately.
                  . I live in Tallinn now . Same problems sometimes , but have not heard of such dramatic measures before . I have used an water-filled birth-control device to break apart a rowdy ´party´ under my own window . Dropped from 4th floor it makes a one hell of a splash and quite wave apparently .
                  If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

Originally posted by braindead View Post
                    . I live in Tallinn now . Same problems sometimes , but have not heard of such dramatic measures before . I have used an water-filled birth-control device to break apart a rowdy ´party´ under my own window . Dropped from 4th floor it makes a one hell of a splash and quite wave apparently .
                    Was it area fire or a head shot?

Comment

Originally posted by lazybastard View Post
                      Did you find that broken rear view mirror?
                      Oh yes. I picked up the parts out of the street as they were a road hazard. They're sitting on a lawn chair of my front porch for the Insurance adjuster to look at tomorrow.

Also found something interesting in the daylight. Pieces of broken plastic from a RED light cover. There are no vehicles I know of that have any red lights in FRONT. Amber, but not red. So what I think happened is the person was heading home from a bar (it was just after closing time) and turned up my street (La Jara) instead of the next one down. My street only goes one block but the next one (Hedda) goes through from Downey to Lakewood. He realized he was on the wrong street and backed up to turn the corner again and cut it too short.

All this morning I've been searching the neighborhood for white vehicles with severe damage to the right front. Now it looks like the damage is to the left rear.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Oh, it was hit by accident, not vandalized.
                        Has happened to us too, but it's not as bad.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
                          Oh yes. I picked up the parts out of the street as they were a road hazard.
                          There wouldn't be parts of your truck strewn from Curley's to your house.....?

Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
                          All this morning I've been searching the neighborhood for white vehicles with severe damage to the right front. Now it looks like the damage is to the left rear.
                          Your wife is letting you drive the remaining running car?

Comment

Originally posted by RAL's_pal? View Post
                            There wouldn't be parts of your truck strewn from Curley's to your house.....?

Your wife is letting you drive the remaining running car?
                            One: I don't go to Curley's anymore. I don't like the new owner. So I go to the VFW hall on South Street west of Orange.

Two: Somebody has to drive some car of some sort. Julia can't drive because her leg is back in a stiff boot until the screw holes in her bones fill in and heal over.

And yes, we have a bunch of doctor's appointments next week.

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
                              Oh, it was hit by accident, not vandalized.
                              Has happened to us too, but it's not as bad.
                              I guess you can call in "accidental". More like iresponsible.

And we have been vandalized a number of times with some b**tard smashing windows on the driver's side. Once on my International, twice on my Caravan, once on my Dakota and twice on my neighbor's cars.

The only other time when a window was broken on my Caravan was up in Yosemite National Park when a bear ripped it open to get at a cantalope my wife had in back.

Ruined the upholstery too because he hadn't had a manicure in a long time.

Comment

Working...
                              X