30 dead in Hyderabad bomb blasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 dead in Hyderabad bomb blasts

Two bomb blasts in Southern Indian City of Hyderabad have killed atleast 30 and injured more than 15. Bomb blasts occured at two locations, at a public eating place and at an entertainment show where a live laser light show was taking place.

There are days when keeping faith in humanity is an uphill battle. God Bless.

Comment

RIP,

Stark reality that threatens Free men from all walks of life : Terrorism.
      Hyderabad is city known for muslim extremism, where ordinary peace loving muslims are kept ransom at times, by these kind of fundo types.

Comment

I hope that the police go after the suspected ISI and the rabid muslim student organization, AMI or something like that with an hammer.

Comment

Ah well!

Another of them!

And Owasi, the dog, spouts pious platitudes!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

The story will continue to unfold like it always does.

We all know that Muslim extremists have again commited another act of terror yet moderates will not speak out. I still wonder why or if RAW has even bothred to infiltrate extremist groups.

POTA needs to be reinstated!

Comment

Furthermore, I wonder if the May 07 attacks on the mosque in Hyderabad have a link to now, remember the enraged Muslim protesters after that incident.....

The thing is, in W Bengal, the cops are so corrupt that any half decent terrorist can easily get the right papers to get him anywhere.

Furthermore, there are probably enough Islamic terror cells in india to launch attacks against civilian targets for the foreseable future. Pakistani ISI LeT fundamentalists do not even need to provide that much, afterall cops can be bribed and RDX can sometimes pass by if the right amount is given.

Comment

The number of dead is now raised to 44 and 70 odd injured... Even after 16 hours of the incident, there is no tough statement from the central government (thats the only thing we can expect from this UPA govt)... After a couple of days incident will be forgotten, and then after a couple of months another such incident will take place, and the cycle continues... Really, there is no value for life of an Indian citizen...

Comment

I cant believe I am saying this , But I god damn wish the BJP was in Power

Comment

Another explosion. Few more dead.
                    Few more condemnation from the politicians,few more headlines,
                    few more sacrificed lambs.

The government ultimately decides not to do anything in the name of Peace.

Just another day in the life of Indians.

Comment

Originally posted by n21 View Post
                      Another explosion. Few more dead.
                      Few more condemnation from the politicians,few more headlines,
                      few more sacrificed lambs.

The government ultimately decides not to do anything in the name of Peace.

Just another day in the life of Indians.
                      ....and theres gonna be another thread at WAB discussing such news after a month or so..and we will be posting again..and this will go on..until some of us are unlucky enough to be at the place when the bomb explodes...I know it sounds morbid,but the way things are going on I really dont see any change in the immediate future..

Comment

The US and UK may like to believe that they are leading the war on terror globally, but the country that has had to face the worst of terrorist attacks on its own soil, barring war-torn Iraq, is India.

In fact, India has since 2004 lost more lives to terrorist incidents than all of North America, South America, Central America, Europe and Eurasia put together. All of these vast swathes of the globe lost a total of 3,280 lives in terrorist incidents between January 2004 and March this year. India alone lost 3,674 lives over the same period of three years and three months.

In yesterday's edition of TOI, in our front page lead report on the Hyderabad blasts, we had said that terror groups have left India with perhaps the highest number of civilian victims of terror (apart from war-torn countries like Iraq).

Later, on Sunday, when we looked in detail at the worldwide numbers, we found India not only had the highest number of deaths after Iraq, but also the highest number of terror-related incidents and injured among all countries (again, barring Iraq) — more than all the war zones around the globe. India has been hit by terrorists at will and with chilling regularity — Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Malegaon, Varanasi, J&K — the list is endless.
                        It's only on one count — hostages taken by terror groups — that India's at No 3, to Iraq's No 2. Guess which country was No 1? Nepal, that too by a huge margin, thanks to large-scale kidnappings by Maoists.

Indeed, if one had to pick a terrorist hotspot on the globe it would have to be South Asia. Outside of Iraq, 20,781 people were killed in terrorist violence between January 2004 and March 2007, according to data available from the Worldwide Incidents Tracking System (WITS) of the US National Counter-Terrorism Centre (NCTC). Almost half of them, 9,283 to be precise, were killed in South Asia.

Besides India, Afghanistan has seen 2,405 lives being lost while more than 1,000 each have been killed in Pakistan and Nepal. Sri Lanka has had 866 terrorism-related deaths and Bangladesh 158. Bhutan and the Maldives are the only South Asian nations not to have lost lives to terror in this period.
                        India loses maximum lives to terror except Iraq-India-The Times of India

A few more will be added as time passes by.But then they dont add to the votes for the politicans,hence why bother.

Comment

according to TOI 19 bombs were diffused,

19 timer bombs found in Hyderabad
                          26 Aug 2007, 1805 hrs IST,REUTERS
                          19 timer bombs found in Hyderabad-India-The Times of India

HYDERABAD: The police have found 19 unexploded bombs in Hyderabad a day after at least 40 people were killed in blasts Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy blamed on terrorists based in Bangladesh or Pakistan.

New Delhi has sent extra police and special bomb detection equipment to Hyderabad, an IT hub, after bombs packed with metal pellets exploded at a food centre and an amusement park on Saturday night.

About 80 people were wounded by the three blasts that went off within minutes of each other.

Police discovered the unexploded bombs -- most fitted with timers and placed in plastic bags -- at bus stops, by cinema halls, road junctions and pedestrian bridges and near a public water tap across the capital of Andhra Pradesh state.
                          dunno how true is this..

Comment

Originally posted by n21 View Post
                            India loses maximum lives to terror except Iraq-India-The Times of India

A few more will be added as time passes by.But then they dont add to the votes for the politicans,hence why bother.
                            They will add up to the votes of the politician, for sure, since none will be convicted.

There have been 250 bomb blasts after the Parliament bombing and none have been convicted.

Afzal and Madani were proven terrorists. Madani was not convicted owing to 'technical flaws'. Afzal was awarded death, but the govt is dithering as to what should be done all because he is a Moslem and a Kashmiri and good old human rights coves like Gautam Naulakha and Teesta Stelvada are vying with each other to be in the news and also make money possibly by stating that they are better people than Jesus Christ and Mohammed rolled in one!

Madani is now being acclaimed as a great secular hero!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

If secularism means letting terrorists run scot free, then by the Gods I am voting for the RSS.

Comment

Working...
                              X