Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

more killings by knives than guns (according to this study)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more killings by knives than guns (according to this study)

Article today on knives and kids. Supports my feeling that banning firearms will not stop school killings. Not saying there shouldn't be regulations, but people determined to kill will find ways. Banning firearms doesn't address the problem of violence, of why kids or anyone feels it's ok to kill someone for their phone, a pair of brand name shoes, or because their girl dumped them.

"The families are backed by the Victims of Crime Trust, which says a child dies in a knife attack every two weeks.
    It says there are three times as many fatal stabbings as gun deaths and penalties for carrying a knife should be the same as for carrying a gun. "

full article:
    knives/guns
    Insanity is doing the same thing over and over
    and expecting a different result.
    Albert Einstein.

I concur. They should put stronger restrictions on knives. But would that really help? Not really. Then, instead of killing *blank* with a switchblade, *blah* will kill *blank* with a steak knife. Doesnt really matter, but I bet it will get the job done.
    ~The only time evil men succed is if good men do nothing

'I made an airplane out of stone. I always did like stayin home'-Shel Silverstein, Falling Up

Why are you here?! Because of you my country is in ruins! -Man, Bejing, Famous picure of him standing in front of a line of tanks.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RIGHT WING CONSPIRICY!

Comment

there must be a kind of firearms banning anyway. It will not affect "profi" criminals, but at least it will filter out some of determined-to-kill guys, or kids which overplayed in Doom3

Comment

Well I have kept a knife collecion since i was 12 and ive never killed anyone (not that u can prove, ill gut u if u can jk) but there are sickos who will. I believe all people should be interveiwd before sold a hazordous product such as a violent video games they should be tested for violent behavior. Let me know in this thread about your standing on my responce and all topics mentioned

Comment

How bout people buying cars?

How bout people buying rat poison?

How bout people buying chainsaws, or garden hoes, or crazy glue, or blah, blah, blah.

LOL.....the ONLY thing that would be useful to ban is CRIMINALS.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper

How bout people buying chainsaws, or garden hoes, or crazy glue, or blah, blah, blah.

On the face of it the above sounds like an absurd reduction, so before anyone points that out I feel obliged to immediately side with M21. It's simply true. More ridiculous is airline policy, esp. stateside. Sure, make me take my ruddy shoes off. Bother to find out if I know un-armed combat? No nail clippers allowed. Shame about my fountain pen.
            Having just returned from Dubai - where there is sweet FA crime - the solution seems simple: lock 'em up or chop it off. The incarcerated do not commit crimes. Nor are pockets picked without fingers. On a lighter note the restaurant at Emirates Towers is excellent.
            Where's the bloody gin? An army marches on its liver, not its ruddy stomach.

Comment

Agree 100% chap. They'll take my fingernail clippers, but can't be bothered with the 12" long carbon fibre dagger that i've concealed under my clothes....

lol.

Comment

I agree its insane that people can conseal weapons so easily (such as non-metalic weapons). I could easily put a ceramic knife in my pants or shirt. The problem is; not enough of the right people have guns, knives etc. Anything can be a weapon if used in the proper way. For example I could take a 200 lb man down with a needle if I wanted but why would I and if I can what makes you think someone with a full military education and willing to die for their cause cant use any available object to kill.

Comment

When I was a Cowboy, we busted people for assault weapons and all that, I shot someone with a 9mm who tried to hit me with a 5.56. He himself claimed that if restrictions were tighter, he wouldn't have it. We NEED restrictions on firearms. There is a really good book about it called Private Guns, Public Health. Read it sometime.

-Tink

Comment

"When I was a Cowboy, we busted people for assault weapons and all that, I shot someone with a 9mm who tried to hit me with a 5.56. He himself claimed that if restrictions were tighter, he wouldn't have it. We NEED restrictions on firearms. There is a really good book about it called Private Guns, Public Health. Read it sometime."

Bullshiit.

(Before you ask which part, i mean all of it)

Comment

"When I was a Cowboy, we busted people for assault weapons and all that, I shot someone with a 9mm who tried to hit me with a 5.56. He himself claimed that if restrictions were tighter, he wouldn't have it. We NEED restrictions on firearms. There is a really good book about it called Private Guns, Public Health. Read it sometime."

Bullshiit.

(Before you ask which part, i mean all of it)
                      A Cowboy, what do you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202
                        A Cowboy, what do you mean?
                        It's sorta like an employed informant that works for the police. And M21, I could claim everything you say is ********. That doesn't change the fact that it's true. Yes I edited the story, for obvious reasons, but the part about busting the guy is true. And he did claim that it was easy to get a gun.

-Tink

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkertoys
                          When I was a Cowboy, we busted people for assault weapons and all that, I shot someone with a 9mm who tried to hit me with a 5.56. He himself claimed that if restrictions were tighter, he wouldn't have it. We NEED restrictions on firearms. There is a really good book about it called Private Guns, Public Health. Read it sometime.

-Tink
                          That's why people need to have guns-- to defend themselves. Chances are, that guy really would have that gun even if it were banned. And if guns were banned, you wouldn't be posting this right now.

Comment

Originally posted by sniperdude411
                            That's why people need to have guns-- to defend themselves. Chances are, that guy really would have that gun even if it were banned. And if guns were banned, you wouldn't be posting this right now.

If no one had guns, no need to defend against them.

-Tink

Comment

and how the hell are you going to take the guns owned by criminals?
                              SWANSEA 'TILL I DIE! - CARN THE CROWS!

Rule Britannia, No Surrender

Staff Cadet in the Australian Army Reserve.

Soli Deo Gloria

Comment

Working...
                              X