Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

China, Russia to Hold Military Exercise in 2005.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China, Russia to Hold Military Exercise in 2005.

China and Russia will hold their first joint military exercises on Chinese territory next year, the Interfax news agency quoted Russian Defense Minister Sergei Ivanov as saying in Beijing on Monday.

Ivanov met Chinese Communist Party chief Hu Jintao, Defense Minister Cao Gangchuan Cao and Central Military Commission Vice-Chairman Guo Buoxiong to discuss cooperation between China, a fast-rising military power, and its main arms and weapons-technology supplier.

"We have agreed that for the first time ever we will be holding substantial military exercises on Chinese territory in 2005," Interfax quoted Ivanov as saying after talks with Cao.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...hina_russia_dc

An interesting development.

India would surely watch the space.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Finally, an enemy they can both agree on?

Comment

Don't read more into this than what it actually is. A propaganda exercise. The last exercise included AD troops and some fighters flying together. The Russians show up on time and they do their thing. The Chinese show up on time and they do their thing. Nobody interferes with each other doing their thing. Everybody smiles in front of the cameras and go home with some nice sourviners.

As an exercise in testing abilities, this ain't it. The US-Indian exercises are far better examples of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
          Don't read more into this than what it actually is. A propaganda exercise. The last exercise included AD troops and some fighters flying together. The Russians show up on time and they do their thing. The Chinese show up on time and they do their thing. Nobody interferes with each other doing their thing. Everybody smiles in front of the cameras and go home with some nice sourviners.
          Makes sense but, with all the tension between Russia and the USA right now. Do you think they are actually doing this to say "Hey, look at us we are buddies with these guys. Do not mess with us." ?

Comment

The US ain't worry. Putin has a history of playing everybody against everybody else. It makes a nice headline for a month or two, then he starts cozying up to the US again to alarm China.

Comment

The US ain't worry. Putin has a history of playing everybody against everybody else. It makes a nice headline for a month or two, then he starts cozying up to the US again to alarm China.
              One day, Putin will be too clever for himself and get caught in a trap of his own making.

Is Putin making any dent in the reformation of Russia's economy or is it just for show and doing nothing at all? Reverting back to Soviet days with centralized planning?

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster
                One day, Putin will be too clever for himself and get caught in a trap of his own making.

Is Putin making any dent in the reformation of Russia's economy or is it just for show and doing nothing at all? Reverting back to Soviet days with centralized planning?
                I'm betting on "Reverting back to Soviet days with centralized planning".
                Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

A KGB man will always be a KGB man.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

China to deepen military cooperation with Russia

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...nt_2330421.htm

Comment

Putin does have the desire to make a Ruso-Indo-Sino anti-west axis trangle.

Comment

China, I believe, said no.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

As an exercise in testing abilities, this ain't it. The US-Indian exercises are far better examples of that.
                          :D

Event Details
                          Participants Russia, China
                          Location Shandong Peninsula (China) and Vladivostok (Russia)
                          Duration 18th to 24th August 2005

Chinese and Russian troops completed their first joint military exercises yesterday with a mock paratrooper invasion on China's east coast. The eight days of maneuvers, with 7,000 Chinese and 1,800 Russian troops, underscored military ties between the Cold War adversaries; the ties have been motivated by unease with US dominance in world affairs.

Photographs and Event Details

URL = http://www.india-defence.com/events/7
                          I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

Working...
                          X