• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estonian driver?

Lesson unlearned, blind Estonian busted behind the wheel again
    Posted Aug 13th 2007 4:34PM by Alex Nunez
    Filed under: Etc., Euro, Driving

The Estonian driver who was arrested for driving while blind a week or so ago is back in the news. He's been caught behind the wheel again, intoxicated and taking driving directions from three passengers. The police aren't happy and are looking to take away his car and throw him in the clink for a month. As foolish as his quest for sightless driving is, his dumb friends really take the cake. It's bad enough riding in a car with a drunk at the controls, but when said drunk is also blind -- literally -- it's just a multiple Darwin Award waiting to happen. Not this time, though, but this Estonian and his cohorts seem like the types to keep trying until they achieve success. Mazel tov, boys. Maybe the third Reuters "Oddly Enough" piece will be the charm.
    Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

well , on interview he said that why he is drunk and driving - ´I´´ve dremed of driving all my life ... and drink gives me courage to do it .´ or something like that .

his friends said - ´well , basicly he is ordinary 20year old and wants to be like ordinary kid´ (drunk and driving?) .
    the fellow on the picture , he was born normal , but on maternity ward doctors scewed something up and as result he is blind .
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BD1; 22 Aug 07,, 07:08.
    If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

while i don,t think it shold be common practice (blind driving), i,d blame his friends more, they should have bought him on a empty lot or a fiield, none of us know how it feels to have no eyesight whereas everyone else does, i bet it is shitty feeling
      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by omon View Post
        while i don,t think it shold be common practice (blind driving), i,d blame his friends more, they should have bought him on a empty lot or a fiield, none of us know how it feels to have no eyesight whereas everyone else does, i bet it is shitty feeling
        couldń´t agree more - that fellow probably has no idea what he is doing . How could you even estimate the danger if you are blind from birth . And definately the the ´friends´ should get a very definative kick in their unmentionables .
        As of being blind - when I was 6 years old caught trigeminal nerve disease (fever?, neuralgia ? ), something kind of like a meningitis - well any way , I had to wear absolute blindfold for over a month 24/7 . Being effectivly blind for a month - i can probably understand the guys feelings .
        Losing eyesight is The Greatest Phobia for me ever since .
        Last edited by BD1; 22 Aug 07,, 18:49. Reason: edited for medical terms
        If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

Working...
        X