Tazers: Good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tazers: Good or bad?

There was a recent article in my local paper about how many people are buying tazers, but there is now a public outcry against them. This is because of the tazering of a 6 year old when he held glass to his throat and a drunk, truent, 12 year old. Whats you take on this? Are tazers good or bad?

My opinion? They hurt. They might kill. Thats why thier not called 'non-leathel'. They are called 'less-than-lethal' FOR A REASON. Nothing is non lethal.

So, everyone elses opinion?
    ~The only time evil men succed is if good men do nothing

'I made an airplane out of stone. I always did like stayin home'-Shel Silverstein, Falling Up

Why are you here?! Because of you my country is in ruins! -Man, Bejing, Famous picure of him standing in front of a line of tanks.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RIGHT WING CONSPIRICY!

Drunk, truant 12yo's are bad.

Comment

For civilains I don't care if they have them or not. For police, well it will be a cold day in hell the day they give me a tazer and take my gun.
      "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character. Our citizenship in any particular state is only our local distinction. By the latter we are known at home, by the former to the world. Our great title is AMERICANS…" -- Thomas Paine

Comment

Shot with a tazer, or shot with a magnum? Hmmmm, I'll go with the tazer, I'm used to being electrocuted anyway. ;)
        No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Id go with a taser, its a non lethal resort before having to shoot someone (if you have a cc permit), then again most people dont carry both a taser and a gun at the same time. For cops, its probably one of the best tools to be used in law enforcement, imagine the number of lives police were able to save that were saved by the taser, rather then going from the baton or CS to the gun.

Comment

You cannot intimidate a bad guy out of assaulting you with a tazer. Well, I don't think you can. A shiny stainlees-steel Smith & Wesson, however, is VERY intimidating. Remember 90% of all civilian uses of a firearm in self-defence, the weapon is not evern fired. I think that tazers in civilian hands should be as regulated as handguns are.
            sigpicUSS North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202
              Id go with a taser, its a non lethal resort before having to shoot someone (if you have a cc permit), then again most people dont carry both a taser and a gun at the same time. For cops, its probably one of the best tools to be used in law enforcement, imagine the number of lives police were able to save that were saved by the taser, rather then going from the baton or CS to the gun.
              I would rather stick to my conventional weapons. If they issue us tazers then it wouldn't be long before they try to take our guns away. This is just speculation however.
              "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character. Our citizenship in any particular state is only our local distinction. By the latter we are known at home, by the former to the world. Our great title is AMERICANS…" -- Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Veni Vidi Vici
                I would rather stick to my conventional weapons. If they issue us tazers then it wouldn't be long before they try to take our guns away. This is just speculation however.
                Tazers aren't standard issue down here, but the officers that carry them still have their pistol(s). Some officers also have a submachine gun or an assult rifle, in the trunk, and all cars have a 12 guage.
                No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Veni Vidi Vici
                  I dont think anyone in their right mind would ever replace regular issue firearms with Tasers in any law enforcement agency in the US, nobody can possibly be that stupid. I mean a Taser can only shoot like 5 feet, what good is a taser against a rifle or pistol from 20 feet. Dident they try and take the guns away from Cincinatti Police and replace them with Tasers after they had the riots over the white cop shooting the unarmed black kid?
                  Last edited by ChrisF202; 11 Dec 04,, 16:49. Reason: addition to post

Comment

I dont think anyone in their right mind would ever replace regular issue firearms with Tasers in any law enforcement agency in the US, nobody can possibly be that stupid. I mean a Taser can only shoot like 5 feet, what good is a taser against a rifle or pistol from 20 feet. Dident they try and take the guns away from Cincinatti Police and replace them with Tasers after they had the riots over the white cop shooting the unarmed black kid?
                    You would think that law enforcement agencies would never try that but I wouldn't put it past them. I think it was up in New Jersy that some crackpot police chief tried to take away the cop's glocks and give them these new prototype guns that were only activated by thumb prints. Thank god the cops refused to use them and the chief was overruled by people higher up then him but still... I mean it would suck to be trying to defend yourself and all of a sudden your gun/computer has to reboot.

Comment

They can have my tazer when they can pry it from my cold, dead fingers...

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                        They can have my tazer when they can pry it from my cold, dead fingers...
                        Why?

They can have mine(if i ever get one) with no resistance. Now my, gun... Differnt matter entirly. ;)

Comment

How many Taser's does it take to electrocute a rapist?

Don't know, but if field research needs to be done...

sigpicUSS North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by 2DREZQ
                            How many Taser's does it take to electrocute a rapist?

Don't know, but if field research needs to be done...

Sounds good to me. Then I wont have to worry about this sex offender in my town whos adress they will not release. Why did the school district bother sending us a letter telling us we have a sex offender in our town if they wont say where he lives?

Comment

Sounds good to me. Then I wont have to worry about this sex offender in my town whos adress they will not release. Why did the school district bother sending us a letter telling us we have a sex offender in our town if they wont say where he lives?
                              Gotta love government ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X