X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13 arrested at riot in NY high school .. insane

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wi...,3626512.story

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/lo...,3151673.story

This is insane, some sources place up to 100 students involved in the fighting, which seems to have no apparent cause. Over 50 cops from 3 agencies had to respond before order was restored. Whats more is that that parents in this mostly minority school district have constantly defended their kids and said the cops and school officals were "to heavy handed" and "the presence of the police just made it worse". Wyandanch High School has so many problems with drugs and gangs that it is the only school I know of that has a cop permently assigned to it, now they have 2 officers permently assigned. Wyandanch is about 10 minutes away from me, located in the "crime center" of Suffolk County - the 3 communties were it seems like South Central LA or Gary, Indiana because crime is so common.

Originally posted by ChrisF202
    http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wi...,3626512.story

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/lo...,3151673.story

This is insane, some sources place up to 100 students involved in the fighting, which seems to have no apparent cause. Over 50 cops from 3 agencies had to respond before order was restored. Whats more is that that parents in this mostly minority school district have constantly defended their kids and said the cops and school officals were "to heavy handed" and "the presence of the police just made it worse". Wyandanch High School has so many problems with drugs and gangs that it is the only school I know of that has a cop permently assigned to it, now they have 2 officers permently assigned. Wyandanch is about 10 minutes away from me, located in the "crime center" of Suffolk County - the 3 communties were it seems like South Central LA or Gary, Indiana because crime is so common.
    Its not that rare to have a cop permanently stationed at a school. At most of the HS in my county their are 2 cops permenently on duty at the school and a third who is always nearby. Even in our middle schools we have a cop. The riot though, that was probobly hard for the cops to deal with considering it was a bunch of kids. Its not like you can go into a crowd of kids and just start beating them down.
    "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character. Our citizenship in any particular state is only our local distinction. By the latter we are known at home, by the former to the world. Our great title is AMERICANS…" -- Thomas Paine

Comment

Mel High also has a permanant cop stationed at it. Hes got a tazer, and, when ever thiers a pep rally, a 9mm pistol with the OPTION attached. But, anyway, the cops arent to blame, its you DUMBASS KIDS. LIVE WITH IT.
      ~The only time evil men succed is if good men do nothing

'I made an airplane out of stone. I always did like stayin home'-Shel Silverstein, Falling Up

Why are you here?! Because of you my country is in ruins! -Man, Bejing, Famous picure of him standing in front of a line of tanks.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RIGHT WING CONSPIRICY!

Comment

Originally posted by PFCBroccoli
        the cops arent to blame, its you DUMBASS KIDS. LIVE WITH IT.
        Nodoby said the cops were
        "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character. Our citizenship in any particular state is only our local distinction. By the latter we are known at home, by the former to the world. Our great title is AMERICANS…" -- Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by PFCBroccoli
          Mel High also has a permanant cop stationed at it. Hes got a tazer, and, when ever thiers a pep rally, a 9mm pistol with the OPTION attached. But, anyway, the cops arent to blame, its you DUMBASS KIDS. LIVE WITH IT.
          Exactly, its the fact that the kids in Wyandanch and other high crime, minority areas (the majority of them anyhow) stand around on street corners and drink, deal/use drugs, commit other criminal acts, join gangs, etc and the fact that their parents do the same thing and dont do anything to stop their kids from acting the same, basically they failed at parenting.

Veni, dont most school districts down south have their own full service police force? Most here just have unarmed security guards, even in NYC Public Schools, the colleges and universitys have full service, armed police forces. Do you live in a high crime county? Then again, my county police and sheriff forces assign their patrol cars and officers according to the 1970's population and crime statistics, were a little outdated.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202
            Veni, dont most school districts down south have their own full service police force? Most here just have unarmed security guards, even in NYC Public Schools, the colleges and universitys have full service, armed police forces. Do you live in a high crime county? Then again, my county police and sheriff forces assign their patrol cars and officers according to the 1970's population and crime statistics, were a little outdated.
            I work in a county with moderate crime rates. Yes almost all of our school districts have their own police forces. I personaly don't feel they are needed but nobody asked me. :)

Comment

Haha thats America for you.
              "I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by aussie
                Haha thats America for you.
                Like riots don't happen in Australian lands? A Few Weeks Ago Earlier This Year
                No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Working...
                X