X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mac or pc

mac or pc well,theres a video for that kinda thing check this out,

mac or pc

Now back to the question mac or pc i can't really decide but i can't decide what about you guys?

I hear nothing but good things about Macs, and nothing but bad things about PCs....yet my Dell desktop and HP notebook have never failed me at all, in any situation, and of course they feel comfy, I know windows so well.
    When I was on my girlfriend's Macbook in college meanwhile, I found it a bizarre mix of oversimplicity and yet I had difficulty to comprehend (too many little faces and logos, would putting a word in be so hard?!).
    That said, Macs put most PCs the shame design-wise.
    Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
    - John Stuart Mill.

Comment

I can build my own PC.

I can't build a Mac.

PC for me.
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

PC or Mac for general use. Windows, while still bloatware seems stable enough now that I don't care.
        Mac for attaching peripherals like routers as it has never failed me in doing it all itself, and MAc no contest for any graphic or video work
        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Oh and games on PC, just because there's lots more for them.

Leibniz

Comment

Depends what you need it for. Having said that, Mac's niche has really been reduced to some specialized graphics functions and 'designer' computers. I can easily build or upgrade a desktop PC (not quite as easy with a notebook). Mac is too 'proprietary' and expensive for what you're getting IMHO. Windows XP SP2 is reasonably reliable and stable and functions well with a reasonable amount of storage space and memory etc. I wouldn't touch Vista with 10 ft. RJ45 cable ATM. I'm sure it will be just fine, a couple service packs later when all of the 'problems' have been worked out by M$ and the 'typical' PC has increased tenfold in storage, memory and processing power.

Comment

Mac for work (I'm a graphic artist).

As Pari said, it kicks PC as far as graphics go but I prefer to use a PC at home since I can download a whole bunch of bootleg software to kick around and I really don't care if my PC gets wasted.....

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                Mac for work (I'm a graphic artist).

As Pari said, it kicks PC as far as graphics go but I prefer to use a PC at home since I can download a whole bunch of bootleg software to kick around and I really don't care if my PC gets wasted.....
                That's it entirely. PC's are cheap and disposable.

Leibniz

Comment

I am forced to use an IBM PC with the latest office suite at work. Annoys the living h#ll out of me as my main use is Word and Word has gone downhill since 3.1.

When I wanted to get a home computer, mainly for internet but also used for graphics and music, that had to be idiot proof, the obvious choice was a 20" iMac, which I am using now. A 24" came out right after I bought the 20, of course! For internet etc, it is all over MS like a rash. Software - it came with what I wanted and it is regularly updated without charge. The actual engineering of the iMac is superb. Apart from anything, you take it out of the box, plug it in and it works straight away. A really nice bit of kit.

You can get a program called "Bootcamp" to use as a platform for any MS that you wish to use.

BUT there is still no Springsharp for iMacs. That is the sort of problem that you may have with Apple products.

Jonathan

Comment

In my opinion, PCs are still computers and always have been. Macs are appliances and always have been. Want a computer, buy a PC. Want an appliance, buy a Mac - they are both good.

-dale

Comment

I am in the IT industry, but have not used an apple for over 22 years (Apple IIe was my first personal computer).

I have a friend though who is "Mr. Geek" who has 15 or so computers networked together at home. His main computer is a Mac and he has windows emulation software running on it. He swears up and down that it will run Windows apps 10x faster than a PC.

Comment

I have both a Mac G5 and a custom built PC, both serve their purpose and both have their advantages. My brother bought his mac for his musical endevours while my PC has been for broad spectrum use by both me and my parents. I think the Mac takes a bit more time to get used but has more capabilites. To tell you the truth (if I had the time) I would like to learn how to use the mac to its full advantage, in which case I think I would prefer it to my PC.

Comment

Honestly guys ( I have to support both ) there is a reason they call it "MacIntrash"

You have to buy a "MAC specific" part ( oodles of $$ ) to make it work.

I'm with Gunnut. I've always built my own - i386 platform of course!:)
                          Last edited by texasjohn; 18 Jul 07,, 04:46.

Comment

I heard MACs won't get many viruses and stuff because it's not worth time and effort to write virus programs for MACs. I want a MAC mainly for that reason. I'll wait until the verdict is in on what everybody has to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Taurkon View Post
                              I have a friend though who is "Mr. Geek" who has 15 or so computers networked together at home. His main computer is a Mac and he has windows emulation software running on it. He swears up and down that it will run Windows apps 10x faster than a PC.
                              Ask him if he can run this game called "Supreme Commander."
                              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Working...
                              X