Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot news... The pope is catholic

Pontiff asserts Catholic primacy - baltimoresun.com

I'm sure everyone has been reading articles on this. It's big news.

What I'm left wondering is, why? Is anyone surprised that the Pope is Catholic?
    "Of all the manifestations of power, restraint impresses men the most." - Thucydides

It is just another "my god is better than your god" proclaim by religious leaders. I have learnt over the years to keep away from them.

Comment

Uhh... interesting avatar.
      "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by leib10 View Post
        Uhh... interesting avatar.
        Now,now lieb.We must not judge lest we be judged,glass houses and all that.After all the swastika is also used by some American Indian tribes and has religious significance to them.Who knows,maybe he's a Hopi or a Navaho who migrated back across the non-existent land bridge to Russia and then decided to move to Korea;) .(Maybe this post should be in the "Conspiracy Theory" thread)
        "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

the nazi version is mirrored.

Comment

The nazi version is also a borrowed version. Swastikas are very common religious symbols in the east. In fact IIRC even the Romans used them.
            "Of all the manifestations of power, restraint impresses men the most." - Thucydides

Comment

Working...
            X