PDA

View Full Version : Mikhail Kalashnikov At 87

S2
08 Jul 07,, 18:33
Mikhail Kalashnikov Speaks (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070706.wkalashnikov0706/BNStory/International/home)

"I created the weapon at the time of World War Two, when we had to defeat the most powerful enemy, Fascist Germany ... I created this weapon so it could be used to defend the borders of our country."

A fascinating snap-shot of the (then) young and wounded Soviet TANK COMMANDER who sketched the design that would become the AK-47. I assume that he was wounded toward the end of the war-perhaps at the hands of a sturmgewehr-

leib10
08 Jul 07,, 19:37
He was wounded in Briansk in 1942 I believe as a tank commander. No way he was wounded by an Stg. 44.

S2
08 Jul 07,, 20:03
Well... so much for that wee tad of speculative irony. Fascinating the symmetry of design. Being no small-arms expert (so little so that I failed to notice the small-arms board where this may have been more appropriate), I'm sure that the significant design differences have been thoroughly dissected ad nauseum.

Further, I can't imagine much cross-pollination between designers!:biggrin:

texasjohn
09 Jul 07,, 00:02
Now we have his Vodka line. A really energetic kind of guy!

Firral
09 Jul 07,, 08:37
Mikhail Kalashnikov Speaks (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070706.wkalashnikov0706/BNStory/International/home)

"I created the weapon at the time of World War Two, when we had to defeat the most powerful enemy, Fascist Germany ... I created this weapon so it could be used to defend the borders of our country."

A fascinating snap-shot of the (then) young and wounded Soviet TANK COMMANDER who sketched the design that would become the AK-47. I assume that he was wounded toward the end of the war-perhaps at the hands of a sturmgewehr-

You are dared? :eek: At you on a picture also is StG-44!!! :biggrin: It not kalashnikov №1!!!
At me two images: the first - StG-44, the second - АК-47 number 1. The third and fourth pictures is a difference of internal details.
Similarity only in the trigger mechanism, and that has earlier roots in rifle Holeka (rifle ZH-29). External similarity and a gas drive of automatics not a parameter.
Differences АК and МР-44 (StG-44):
1. Trunk АК is locked by turn of a breech-block. In МР-44 the skew of a breech-block is applied. Time has convincingly proved advantages of turn of a breech-block first of all on a level of reliability.
2. Returnable mechanism AK is placed under a top plate of receiver while the returnable spring МР-44 having much greater diameter and length, is inserted into an aperture in a butt. Thereof creation of updating МР-44 with a harmonious butt becomes, to put it mildly, a challenge. Except for that at significant mechanical damages of a butt shooting from the weapon becomes impossible.
3. The high arrangement of comb МР-44 became the reason of censures from the armies connected by that at a delivery of fire with an emphasis of shop in a ground (or other support) an arrow it was necessary to be put out strongly from an entrenchment. It has led to that the front demanded to begin manufacture of shops of the reduced capacity (on 15-20 cartridges).
4. Metal forward box МР-44, unlike wooden at АК, at intensive shooting strongly heated up and guaranteed reception of a burn of a brush of a hand. And if at a delivery of fire deduction of the weapon for shop any manipulations with МР right after shooting demanded the certain care was supposed.
5. Push-button magazine-bottom plunger МР-44 is from the left party a top plate of receiver and there is a probability of casual pressing of the button and loss of shop at falling, impacts, movements on all fours. The arrangement of magazine-bottom plunger АК provides reliable protection against inadvertent pressing and allows to operate equally easily her as the left and right hands.
6. The handle of raising of breech-block АК is arranged from the right party, and at МР-44 with left. At movements on all fours with the weapon the handle which is from the left party, can cling to roughnesses of a surface because of what hit of a dirt inside of a top plate of receiver and as a casual reload of the weapon is possible.
7. At МР-44 the translator of rates of fire and a fuse two details - are a tag and the button. As well as in case of with a magazine-bottom plunger the button of a fuse does not provide reliable protection against casual statement or from removal of the weapon from a fuse at falling, impacts and movements on all fours the fighter. Translator-safety lock АК excludes such opportunity and allows to estimate a condition of the with great dispatch-trigger mechanism quickly visually.

There are no bases to consider АК-47 and АК-46 (the experimental sample) - copies StG-44!!! These are different automatic devices of one principle of action of same times.

omon
09 Jul 07,, 12:02
sg 44 locking mechaniks resambles sks more than ak