British Stealth Boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Stealth Boat

right, going to be really lame and vague here.

In 'The Sun' 'Newspaper' today (03/07/2007) there is a pikky and small note about a stealth boat being tested by the SBS. Looks like a small landing craft btw

Anyone have any details on this little thing?

Im just interested, it looks like something from James Bond!!
    Last edited by VarSity; 03 Jul 07,, 16:11.

Originally posted by VarSity View Post

In 'The Sun' 'Newspaper' today (03/07/2007) there is a pikky and small note about a stealth boat being tested by the SBS.

Sorry, did'nt read about it...for our US friends read:07/03/2007

Comment

Originally posted by VarSity View Post

In 'The Sun' 'Newspaper' today (03/07/2007) there is a pikky and small note about a stealth boat being tested by the SBS.

Varsity, on reflection, I would have thought anything being tested by our SBS would be Strictly Secret, and well out of the way of the Papparazzi.

Comment

Well, it is in 'The Sun'.. So SBS more than likely means Navy/Marine.

Tho it does say it was spotted being tested near "The SBS base in Poole, Dorset"

I want one for my Birthday!

Comment

It is a new version of the VT Group Enforcer 46.

You can see a picture here.

Comment

Originally posted by Galrahn View Post
            It is a new version of the VT Group Enforcer 46.

You can see a picture here.
            So, it is not for the SBS..thought so;) ..they only require craft made from Balsa Wood and Para cord.. plus a light breeze to seize any Beach and surrounding Fortress

Comment

So what was it then, a canoe

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Jones View Post
                So what was it then, a canoe
                Bob, click on Galrahs "here" and have a cookmal

Comment

Wow, thats some canoe, to be honest though whats the point of having sonething that can go 70mph on water, cos looking at the size of it, it doeas`nt look to be fitted, or capable of being fitted, with any substansial weapons

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Jones View Post
                    Wow, thats some canoe, to be honest though whats the point of having sonething that can go 70mph on water, cos looking at the size of it, it doeas`nt look to be fitted, or capable of being fitted, with any substansial weapons
                    Those Iranian boghammers go about 60 knots, and they were fairly well armed and effective in March, wouldn't you agree?

I think it is wise of the Royal Navy or SBS to look into this, particularly considering the recent experiences of the Royal Navy in small boat operations in danger zones. Honestly I think it would be folly not to start looking into various small boat designs.

At some point, if the western world is going to take littoral warfare seriously, boats in this class will not only be needed, they may in the end decide the battles yet to be fought.

Comment

Working...
                    X