Message Boards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message Boards?

How many message boards do you regularly visit? Is WAB your primary board? Why?
    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

i like to dabble in the loon-fest boards, been banned a few dozen times from FreakRepublic and DUmmies but they both bore me rigid now as they are too predictable.

Arrse is my main 'serious' board (though obviously visitors to arrse will know that the serious bit can, on occasion, be a small proportion of its output...), a couple of mainstream (ish) political/everything boards on the UK and my current loon project.

(i'm not saying what my current loon project is as it requires a significant degree of 'creative discretion' over my actual political views and identity)

but it is fun.
    before criticizing someone, walk a mile in their shoes.................... then when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comment

I used to post at a history forum, but it had too many ultranationalistic sockpuppets. Later it was shut down. Now, I just haunt this place.

Comment

My only other message board nowadays is work-related.

It's a forum for independent distributors of PCB-level components (i.e. semiconductors)
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

There are a couple of other sites that I contribute to and a few more that I look in on occasionally, but I spend more time on WAB than the others combined. Why? Because of the membership, and the range of topics discussed/argued over. It also has a light touch with banter permitted. It is the sort of electronic fellowship where I can feel at home.:)
          Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Because it is an addiction!

And a variety of views.

I also peep in ARRSE.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

I'm involved in a good few sites, Boards.ie being my main one.

I'm a big fan of WAB though, very unique and friendly :)....the little flags also help .
              Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
              - John Stuart Mill.

Comment

WAB is my main..Arrse very occasionally, and only if things are quiet here:)

Comment

1. WAB
                  2. Starship Modeler
                  3. Battlefront
                  4. Townhall.com

WAB: kinda obvious

Starship Modeler: great forum for those who model sci-fi things

Battlefront: now that their next game is getting close I'm spending more time on my old Alma Mater

Townhall.com: I don't actually post of course, but I make a point to stop by the blogs of Hugh Hewitt, Captains Quarters, Little Green Footballs, Michelle Malkin, and Powerline every day. I also check the NRO site frequently. Same with Lileks.

I used to go to "Project Evil" and post there. Had a lot of fun because I was pretty much the only non extreme Lefty there. A lot of people were outraged at my posts. Then it died - made me sad.

Yeah, I'm a geek. :)

-dale

Comment

This one, a Half Life 2 forum, a Heckler and Koch forum, and for awhile a South Park and Offspring forum.

I'm a mega-geek.
                    "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                      WAB is my main..Arrse very occasionally, and only if things are quiet here:)
                      And they rarely are;) .Like TH this is my only board visited aside from work.I also agree with Ray and glyn,it is addictive and it's a very good group of people.I mean,where else could I be verbally castigated for two days for a perfectly innocent comment regarding a pulled muscle?If nothing else we have some creative people here .
                      "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Shameless View Post
                        And they rarely are;) .Like TH this is my only board visited aside from work.I also agree with Ray and glyn,it is addictive and it's a very good group of people.I mean,where else could I be verbally castigated for two days for a perfectly innocent comment regarding a pulled muscle?If nothing else we have some creative people here .
                        Wait until your punishment is publicly announced THEN you will see just how creative we are!

Comment

What's "Arrse"? Is it fun? Is it crunchable?

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by dalem View Post
                            What's "Arrse"? Is it fun? Is it crunchable?

-dale
                            ARRSE is the ARmyRumourSErvice. It has absolutely nothing to do with officialdom (other to deride it) and the Military must wish that it didn't exist.:) It is uniquely British and has become an institution among serving and ex- serving members of the Crown Forces. It is not for tender souls, but there are nuggets of pure gold in there.:) Why not take a look?

Comment

ARRSE is also an indicator of wry British Humour!

Pretty interesting, it is.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
                              X