Bf-109 wood scratchbuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bf-109 wood scratchbuild

What did I talk myself into? Here is where I am now...
    Attached Files

Cool. I did a Spitfire a while ago and got as far as doping the skin before my wee girl got to it and tore the tail off. It now hangs from her ceiling sans tail but she likes it because the light shines through the unpainted paper and she can see the structure.

In truth it was a rough job, I've got another which I'll do better when I've got the time.
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Cool! Let us know how it goes. The 109 is one of my favorite planes, do it justice!
      "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by leib10 View Post
        Cool! Let us know how it goes. The 109 is one of my favorite planes, do it justice!
        Will do Sir!!:)

Comment

Don't call me sir... it should be the other way around.
          "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Cool, another scratch-build. Always good to have company. I hope your progress spurs me on despite all my paperwork.

Comment

Wow. Nice work!

-dale

Comment

So here is how far I got, what with work and "honey do" chores around the house...slow ( excuses, excuses)

I am trying to build a cockpit for this thing. Any ideas? The base is 3 X 4.3cm and the height along the back is 3.3cm.

yikes, this is an intense project!

Nothing a few brews can't conquer!!:)
                Attached Files

Comment

Hey Texas, where's the updated photos? How are you going with the cockpit?
                  In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                    Hey Texas, where's the updated photos? How are you going with the cockpit?
                    I...er.. that's the same question my neighbors have been asking.

I spent a ton of time looking for a 3 blade propeller and have not had much luck. I am planning on soon starting the papering and "doping" so I can try out the new airbrush I just got.

I think I found the cockpit solution from another scale modelling forum ( war birds).

It has been slow going, but dang! I have to get it right the first time.this is a time consuming project I need to finish so I can start on my B-36 Peacemaker..:)

Comment

As part of my many New Year's resolutions, I am finally going to get off my butt on this project.

here is the "mostly papered" fuselage, rudder and stabilizer. I left myself a "cheat hole" as I work on the cockpit.

As you can see, my trusty trooper is about to haul it off to it's next stage in the assembly line.:)

The wings happen next.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I like your helper, does it come to life after the lights are out and does work on your model?
                        Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
                          I like your helper, does it come to life after the lights are out and does work on your model?
                          Well, of course! he did all the papering while I was asleep!!:))

Comment

that looks awefully familliar, i had the same kit, i build entire skeleton, but didn,t close my door one day, and my dog destroed it, boy was i pissed, mine was rubber powered, the rubber that came with it wasn,t too strong thou, i remember when i build rubber powered planes when i was a kid, i used much more rubber strings. had to soak them in castor oil, before installing, still hate that smell.
                            "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Fantastic! You are the true modeler...

Comment

Working...
                              X