what car do you own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what car do you own?

Since i am working in a car distributor company(Mazda and Chery)

i wonder which car you choose and

why?

whats your expectations from your car?
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Mercedes A-Class diesel. I require reliability above all, with fuel economy high on the agenda. It is also comforting to know that the vehicle is one of the safest for its occupants in the event of an accident.
    Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Diesel?...isnt diesel fuel more expensive than petrol in England?

how many KM's do you in a year??...in Turkey Diesel engined cars are 25% more expensive than Gasoline engine cars. so when we make a simple calculation for the total costs including service maintenance and etc. do say it is economic you have to make more than 75 000 kms per year..
      i even dont count the very bad Fuel Quality which damages the high tech. fuel injectors...
      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

Originally posted by Big K View Post
        Diesel?...isnt diesel fuel more expensive than petrol in England?

Yes, but only slightly more. The car gives me 50 mpg normally, but 60 mpg on long runs (which is seldom).

how many KM's do you in a year??...in Turkey Diesel engined cars are 25% more expensive than Gasoline engine cars. so when we make a simple calculation for the total costs including service maintenance and etc. do say it is economic you have to make more than 75 000 kms per year..

About 12,000 kms per year.
        i even dont count the very bad Fuel Quality which damages the high tech. fuel injectors...
        Luckily we don't have that problem. A diesel also avoids most electrical troubles and the exhaust lasts for the life of the car.

Comment

I have a 2001 Hyundai Accent which is perfect for me. Gas prices the way they are, I can go two weeks on a tank of gas (around $22.00 to fill it up). It's also a good size car to teach my 14 yr old daughter how to drive. She's great at backing it out of the garage.
          “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
          "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
          sigpic

Comment

2004 Ford Ranger - can go back and forth to the city plus extra trips and get 4 days on a full tank - that's approx 100 miles per day. My expectations - get me from point A to point B without any problem.
            Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

i still have my first car, bought it when i was student (while working)
              a 1990 Alfa Romeo 33 1,7 twin carbs. a real trouble maker and very ugly but i love it :)

and for daily use i own a Mitsubishi Colt 1,3 AMT which i think is the best in its class. with 45 liters 670 kms in urban/highway conditions and without any mechanical problems. :)

Comment

2006-2007 Truck (Im looking as we speak) Probable Ford F150 4X4.

1979 Original Pontiac Trans Am (restored) Gas mileage dont really matter it eats high octane gas however provides massive horsepower, handling and comfort when playing.

1994 Harley Davidson softail. 250 miles on one tank. Cost roughly 15-18 U.S. to fill.
                Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

1998 Nissan Altima SE :

I got that because it was cheap!! plus it had very low miles of 68K on it.

Comment

Dont't have a car I'm a Biker, but the wife has a Ford Focus 06. It would'nt pull you out of bed never mind up the road A truly horrid car

Comment

I have a Jeep Cherokee 4X4, wife drives a Chevy Malibu, and the daughter has a PT Cruiser

Comment

Lexus es300
                        Because it's big, ugly, goes like stink and has a good stereo.

Nissan Stagea (skyline station wagon)
                        Because it's big and solid with lots of airbags to protect my family who drive around in it, and it goes like stink. Stereo sucks and I'll probably run it for another 5 years then throw it away.

Honda VFR400.
                        Because it goes like stink.

Scott alloy frame, 21 Shimano105 cluster, carbon fibre forks racing bike.
                        Because when I'm fit it goes like stink.
                        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Hmm. It seems the American love affair with large (and thirsty) motors is still alive and well. Over here on our overcrowded and overtaxed island things are rather different.

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
                            Hmm. It seems the American love affair with large (and thirsty) motors is still alive and well. Over here on our overcrowded and overtaxed island things are rather different.
                            It's not just America Glyn, it's everywhere in the world except Europe.
                            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Mercedes A-Class diesel. I require reliability above all, with fuel economy high on the agenda. It is also comforting to know that the vehicle is one of the safest for its occupants in the event of an accident.
                              The A-class is not permitted in the US. It can't pass our crash tests.

I saw one in Hong Kong last year. It's definitely small. You'll have a hard time driving that here on our highways, fighting for road space with our Suburbans and Expeditions.

Not quite. My gas guzzlers are quite small.

I used to have a Lexus IS300. It's the size of a Honda Civic but gets 18mpg in the city and 25mpg on the highway, if I'm lucky.

I now have a Subaru Impreza wagon, no turbo. It gets around 23mpg in the city and 28mpg on the highway. The all-wheel drive system if phenomenal. The car just sticks to the road. Of course I pay for it by getting crappy gas mileage for a little car.
                              Last edited by gunnut; 30 May 07,, 21:31.
                              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Working...
                              X