PDA

View Full Version : can you recommend music for...?

mostlymad
03 Dec 04,, 18:09
Since Lambert opened a thread which let me know it's ok to post on any topic here.....

Can anyone recommend music (I use it for background and to help me shift modes when I write):

1. Haunting music (not scary-haunting but that soul wrenching stuff as though you're standing at the edge of a void). Lyrics aren't that important for this one. This is for a long piece on fragile aspects of people.

2. Psychotic music, with and without lyrics. The scratch your nails on a chalkboard type, and really fring type stuff that some stations ban. This is for a long piece on psychopaths.

Thanks!

Lunatock
03 Dec 04,, 18:30
Since Lambert opened a thread which let me know it's ok to post on any topic here.....

Can anyone recommend music (I use it for background and to help me shift modes when I write):

1. Haunting music (not scary-haunting but that soul wrenching stuff as though you're standing at the edge of a void). Lyrics aren't that important for this one. This is for a long piece on fragile aspects of people.

2. Psychotic music, with and without lyrics. The scratch your nails on a chalkboard type, and really fring type stuff that some stations ban. This is for a long piece on psychopaths.

Thanks!

Let's see if I can help with the latter.

Insane Clown Posse: Bloody *****, Sleepwalker, Night Of The Axe, Jacobs Word.

Twiztid: Green Pumpkins, Maniac Killa, Lef' Field.

Bill
03 Dec 04,, 18:39
Yo Yo Ma does the void in the soul music as well as anyone.

For pure unbridaled anger, NOTHING beats early Slayer. ;)

Ray
03 Dec 04,, 18:43
Marching through Georgia.
Over the Waves.
Blue Danube
Skaters Waltz
and finally
Brahm's Lullaby!

Bill
03 Dec 04,, 18:44
Why ray, you refined devil you.

You have good taste in music my friend. :)

I'd add Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata to that list. True it is overused, but it is still one of the great compositions of all time.

mostlymad
03 Dec 04,, 18:57
Insane Clown Posse: Bloody

of course!

Thanks, all of you!

Ray
03 Dec 04,, 19:04
Snipe,

One has to have some tastes. I like classical music, both Western and Indian.

I also am a great fan of the Beatles and Pink Floyd. Add Abba but not Mike Jackson except the song about the whale.

I also like the Blues, jazz and country music, the hilly billy stuff.

Music is as per the mood.

Lunatock
03 Dec 04,, 19:21
Can't say I'm in the know about "void in the soul". But would Nusrat Ali Khan and Norah Jones count?

Bill
03 Dec 04,, 19:38
Pink floyd is food for the soul.

LOVE the guitar work of Roger Waters.

It just makes a connection with me at the core of who i am.

mostlymad
03 Dec 04,, 19:38
But would Nusrat Ali Khan and Norah Jones count?

Nusrat Ali Khan - just listened to this artist on amazon. Nice!

Clannad is an example of the more type of haunting music I'm looking for, and some old monk-choir hymns (can't think of the term); celtic is good as well.

Bill
03 Dec 04,, 19:41
The term you are looking for is "Gregorian Chant". ;)

mostlymad
03 Dec 04,, 19:50
The term you are looking for is "Gregorian Chant". ;)

well, anyone could have known that! :rolleyes: :)
thanks!

Bill
03 Dec 04,, 20:38
Except for you it would seem miss. ;)

Hehehe.