finally an officer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally an officer

It is with great joy that i report that as of last sunday i have been commisioned as a 2LT in the U.S. Army. I have found this site to be of great use thus far, and i am sure i can gleam much from the Military Professionals who use this forum. The advice of people such as LTC OOE, Brig Ray, MAJ Shek, CPT Lemontree, and others will no doubt assist me greatly in my tenure as an officer.

Congratulations!

I wish you a very happy, satisfying, educative and successful career.

Let Lord Chetwode’s immortal shibboleth –

“The safety, honour and welfare of your country come first, always and every time.
    The honour, welfare and comfort of the men you command come next.
    Our own ease, comfort and safety come last, always and every time”

- be your guide and conscience.
    Last edited by Ray; 22 May 07,, 04:52.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

My congratulations, Lieutenant. Do us proud.

Comment

Well done, you have achieved your immediate aim. :) Now the learning and responsibility really starts! The road can be difficult at times but ultimately the most satisfying you will ever take.
        Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Congratulations! :)

I take it Wiseman also received his commission?
          "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Congratulations rkam:)
            "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Congratulations! Now just remember to listen closely to your NCO's and you'll get along fine.
              Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Comment

Ironduke: Yes wiseman has also commisioned. I am also very appreciative of all the congratulatory sentiment, and advice. Although i do not know if the Army will become my carrear or not, i will work tirelessly, as my subordinates deserve no less.

Comment

I have also just seen that i have been given the status of Military Professional. This is an honor i do not take lightly, and will strive to uphold.

Comment

Congratulations Lieutenant!
                    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Congrats!...enjoy the feeling while it lasts. Because once you get to your unit, you will be at sea. That things one at a time and always remember - take care of your men (and women), and they will take care of you.

:)

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Congratulations.

Comment

well done!! congratulations!!
                          die, no0b

Comment

Lt. Rkam Well done Sir, a wonderful achievement. Take heed of the "advice" offered on the WAB and you won't go far off the beaten track. Remember Respect is Earned and never Demanded. Good luck and take care.

Comment

Remember Respect is Earned and never Demanded.
                              A valuable advice indeed!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
                              X