Congrats Team Canada-World Hockey Champs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats Team Canada-World Hockey Champs

Canada defeats Finland 4-2 to claim World Hockey Championship-Congrats to all you canucks eh?Great team,great job by Stevie Y.
    "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

congrats team canada

Comment

Who cares? The Stanley Cup is on.

Comment

I can't see it.
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
          Who cares? The Stanley Cup is on.
          Very enthusiastic OoE WORLD CHAMPIONS and you don't care!!...tut tut tut Sir

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
            World championship is just a warm up for the most coveted trophy in all professional sports.

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
              The NHL does not release its best players to the World Hockey Champion until their teams get eliminated in the play offs. In other words, to the players, the Stanley Cup is more important than the World Hockey Championship.

About the only time where you see the best of the best from each country playing each other is the Olympics or even the more prestigious Canada Cup.

Comment

How does Canada Cup work? Isn't that a rehash of the Stanley Cup?

Which one is more popular? Hockey or football?

Comment

Hockey?

Or Ice Hockey?

Whatever, good show Canada!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

No, Canada Cup showcases the best players in the world, playing for their respective countries. Similar to Olympic play, but in a tournament coveted by most professional players.

Before the Olympics allowed professionals to compete, I believe the Canada Cup was the only professional tournament on such a large scale where professional players competed.

-- GO OTTAWA GO!!! --

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                      The Canada Cup is a nation invite only tournament, unlike the Olympics, sponsored by both the National Hockey League and the NHL Players Association. They featured the best players in the world; released from their respective teams; specifically for this tournament.

NHL teams, however, frown on the Olympics as injuries incurred during the Olympics may mean a lost season for those teams.

In both cases, the NHL season is suspended during the tournament.

In Canada, no contest. Hockey.

Originally posted by Ray
                      Hockey?

Or Ice Hockey?
                      Sir, the game is also known as thugs with sticks on ice.

Comment

I was once watching a fight and a hockey game broke out. Go Wings!:)
                        "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

In Detroit??Have you ever watched the Lions play football? Hockey,by far

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post

Sir, the game is also known as thugs with sticks on ice.
                            See the mayhem quite regularly on ESPN!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus View Post
                              I was once watching a fight and a hockey game broke out. Go Wings!:)
                              Bite your tongue.

Ducks and Sens this year.

Ducks in 5.

Comment

Working...
                              X