Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model Inventory

Hey folks-

I'm trying to help out IronDuke With some of the modeling-related stuff, and I thought I'd post a question to find out what the next couple of contests could be. So here's a list of some model categories I can think of. When you get a chance, just copy the list and paste it into a Reply to this thread and add a Y or N beside each category for which you have a potential entry. If you've already entered one of them don't count it.

For instance, for me, it would be

Military Planes: Y
    Military Ships: N
    Armor: Y
    Cars: N
    Civilian Planes: N
    Civilian Ships: N
    Other Military: N
    Other Civilian: N
    Science Fiction: Y
    Real Space: N
    Railroad: N
    Dioramas: N
    Figures: N
    Gaming Miniatures: Y
    Scratchbuilds (any): Y

-dale

Military Planes: Y
    Military Ships: Y
    Armor: N
    Other Military: Y
    Science Fiction: N
    Railroad: N
    Gaming Miniatures: N
    Scratchbuilds (any): Y - If I ever get it done!

Comment

This is a good idea as it will give an idea of how many may enter and give voters a good scenario.

Military Planes: Yes but have already shown mine
      Military Ships: YES, not necessarily my own but should be displayed.
      Armor: Y
      Civilian Planes: Yes if it includes old, old toys as well as models.
      Science Fiction: Y
      Railroad: Yes. I have more than just the Milwaukee Road.
      Dioramas: Y
      Figures: Y
      Scratchbuilds (any): Y
      Adding two more if I may:
      Kit Bashing: Yes to show what you can make out of different models.
      Real Railroads: Yes as I have a bunch of slides of Railroad Stations to show.
      Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Sure, anything people can add is good. Anything that gets the modeling juices flowing.

-dale

Comment

Military Planes: Y 1/72 scale
          Military Ships: Y 1/700 scale, a few larger scale ships that I've yet to build
          Armor: Y 1/72 mostly, 1/35, 1/48
          Science Fiction: N
          Railroad: Y N-scale Diesel era
          Scratchbuilds (any): N

I'm mostly into small scale stuff as nowadays its reasonably detailed and the small size makes a large collection for a cheap buck possible. Even my train stuff is N-scale.

I really need to buy a Digital Camera and start taking some pics!
          Last edited by smilingassassin; 10 May 07,, 14:02.
          Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

Look forward to seeing the pics SA!!:)

Comment

Can I say a big "yes" to figures? My hands are free for a short period and I will either get up to no good or make a model. I'm looking for ideas on notable WW2 figures with lots of good quality reference pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by execrable View Post
                Can I say a big "yes" to figures? My hands are free for a short period and I will either get up to no good or make a model. I'm looking for ideas on notable WW2 figures with lots of good quality reference pictures.
                Figures? thousands lol.

Theres a hobby shop by me that sells figures that you actually have to put together yourself ... needless to say mine look like crap compared to Conte, CTS or even Marx figures

Comment

I would have to bow out on figures. Those I've modified for various dioramas in HO scale are far too small for me to photograph. And they would have to be in the diorama to mean anything such as how I modified a US Army motorcycle with side-car to look like the Milwaukee Police Dept (had to trim the helmets to look like hats).

Felt sorry for the cop in the side car. Had to cut off his legs to make him fit.

Comment

Sorry, I meant creating the model from scratch. No worries, I have decided to model George Patton while my other projects take a little back seat.

Sorry for misleading you!

Comment

Sorry, I meant creating the model from scratch. No worries, I have decided to model George Patton while my other projects take a little back seat.

Sorry for misleading you!
                      From SCRATCH? Well, I never was a good sculptor anyway. Can't even plaster a nail hole properly.

Comment

Don't feel too bad about that. I can't plaster worth a darn either!

Comment

I'm not using plaster for my "patton" model but if you ever have to plaster smallish holes in the wall, I've found flexible plastic rulers are indespensible.

Right, I'm taking over the thread by mistake. Maybe as the model gets underway I'll create a separate thread and post some progress pictures. Right now I've got the sketches done and welded together a metal "skeleton" as the base for his pose.

Comment

Maybe as the model gets underway I'll create a separate thread and post some progress pictures. Right now I've got the sketches done and welded together a metal "skeleton" as the base for his pose.
                            That would be great. Progress photos showing how it's done is always interesting and educational.

In the model train club I belong to, we sometimes have "Workshop Night" where some of the better gifted train collectors show how to kit-bash buildings to look like one they actually know (I did that for my Flora's Market model), or how to do detail weathering, etc.
                            Last edited by RustyBattleship; 26 May 07,, 06:48.

Comment

ive got quite a few WWII fighters and some more modern jets. and a few tanks. i also used to collect warhammer(a turn based strategy game set in the future) so ive got some figures and a tank. I stopped about half a year ago.

i took all my gear out of the roof the other week to start building a 1/25 panther G from academy, it came with a primitive R/C and coupla motors, but im gonna put my own motors ect. in to make it wireless and make the turret spin aswell. its for a school project. its going nicely but my sisters got the only digital camera we have in malaysia so ill post some pics when she gets back in about a month.
                              die, no0b

Comment

Working...
                              X