is this World Affairs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this World Affairs?

I'm sorry if this is out of line and if I'm nagging. I have to admit I replied to a few myself but it seems to be getting a little out of hand...
    The forum (in the pub) is heading to more of a teen chat get to know you thing rather than a world affairs thing.
    Do you smoke?
    Alcohol preference?
    Favorite car?
    Alexander? ect. Are these World Affairs topics?

Again I apologize if I have offended anyone :)

Originally posted by Lambert
    I'm sorry if this is out of line and if I'm nagging. I have to admit I replied to a few myself but it seems to be getting a little out of hand...
    The forum (in the pub) is heading to more of a teen chat get to know you thing rather than a world affairs thing.
    Do you smoke?
    Alcohol preference?
    Favorite car?
    Alexander? ect. Are these World Affairs topics?

Again I apologize if I have offended anyone :)
    What would you talk about in a place described as "A place for chit-chat, whatever's on your mind?" I’m not offended, but frankly if you don't like the topics you could just ignore them or better yet post some things that you would rather "chit-chat" about.

Comment

We're all in the world, and those are parts of our affairs. ;) Plus, it's a way to learn a little about the others you're talking with.
      No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
      I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
      even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
      He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

true, there just seems to be getting more off topic threads. I thought chit chat whatever on you mind was slightly restricted to World Affairs just not such a blunt category of posts. More of a personal what's going on at home in the view of world affairs.
        It's just, when I was told of this site they were very strict on "there's other places to chit chat like that and this forum is of more mature stature."
        but I see I was wrong and apologize again if I have been ignorant or rude. :)

Comment

No need to be sorry, it was a valid question. ;)
          No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
          I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
          even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
          He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

I was told of this site they were very strict on "there's other places to chit chat like that and this forum is of more mature stature."
            It's nice to hear WAB has a good reputation.

Comment

is this World Affairs?

I was under the assumption it was a website providing a global dating service for swinging singles and wife swapping...

At any rate, the pub is for off-topic discussion. We have all sorts of people, here, of all sorts of ages, nationalities, and backgrounds. When you have an established community and a sudden influx of new members, people are going to be curious about each other, their backgrounds, and how their views are formed. As a result, such questions are bound to be asked. Besides, aren't smoking, drinking, cars, and movies typical discussion topics in pubs across the world? ;) :)
              Last edited by Horrido; 01 Dec 04,, 07:58.
              The black flag is raised: Ban them all... Let the Admin sort them out.

I know I'm going to have the last word... I have powers of deletion and lock.

Comment

Originally posted by Horrido
                I was under the assumption it was a website providing a global dating service for swinging singles and wife swapping...
                Given the guy-to-girl ratio on this site it would have to be gay singles.
                Last edited by Leader; 01 Dec 04,, 09:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Leader
                  Given the guy-to-girl ratio on this site it would have to gay singles.
                  Thank heavens! Some of us are married.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree
                    Lucky bastard.

Comment

Actually, I am rather hooked on WAB.

Yet. discussing world affairs that we can't solve does become a bit tedious and heavy.

Yet, without leaving the WAB board, one would lile to take a break . What could be better place than the Pub where we discuss which country we are from, what is our religion, what is our poison, who is off to Europe. etc etc.

Juvenile? So be it.

But you can't deny it gives a break to frayed nerves that gets so charged up with the 'active' discussions of divergent views. Ask Ironduke who had a hard tiome on the Asian pizzazz! It was very hot out there.

The best part (though some of the ones who have very divergent views from those of the Mods and Admins get banned; which is rather unfortunate since they also make the world and should be heard) is that the nuggets of info in all the firefights are real nuggets and worth the trouble to visit to WAB even in the wee hours in the morning.

It is these times when one is sleepy but cannot leave the discussion on be, that one wants to take a short break and then having been recharged get back to the firefight! ;)

I think WAB is doing a good job and catering for a variety of tastes.

If the Pub is lousy, one needn't visit it. What ho?

Too much of assumed high brow stuff is not good for the heart! ;) :)

In fact it is time the WAB gives a disclaimer that they are not to be held responsible for heart attacks or starting a new war! :) ;)
                      Last edited by Ray; 01 Dec 04,, 09:35.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

true, there just seems to be getting more off topic threads. I thought chit chat whatever on you mind was slightly restricted to World Affairs just not such a blunt category of posts. More of a personal what's going on at home in the view of world affairs.
                        It's just, when I was told of this site they were very strict on "there's other places to chit chat like that and this forum is of more mature stature."
                        That's exactly what the purpose of the pub is, for off-topic discussions that have nothing to do with world affairs. Otherwise people would be making such posts in other forums.
                        "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree
                          Yeah, and since we're soooo lucky being married, that's why I hang out here while my other half is forever watching football games or racing on television. I have to chat with somebody, and this is the very best place.

LOL, Ray.....I even look forward to each and everyday tolerating you !

Comment

Originally posted by Julie
                            Yeah, and since we're soooo lucky being married, that's why I hang out here while my other half is forever watching football games or racing on television. I have to chat with somebody, and this is the very best place.

LOL, Ray.....I even look forward to each and everyday tolerating you !
                            :)

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

this kinda seems like, one of those, posts I see on PDF whenever someone posts a pic of a hot chick...... "What's this got to do with defence?"

The simple answer is, the board is divided into different forums. And it all goes, into relevant forums. Just because it doesn't fit, the mainstream spectrum of posts, doesn't mean it shouldn't belong on the board.

Comment

Working...
                              X