An armed public

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An armed public

The armed population; what it might be like.

Video of shoppinginTexas - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

i'll scan american rifleman magazine armed citizen pages, you'll see it is nothing like that. just gime some time.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

I've seen this video before. But under the title "shopping in Israel".

Comment

lol
        The greatest weapon is the truth

Comment

Scary.

Comment

Originally posted by gamercube View Post
            Scary.
            That's funny, because I'd feel safe. :)
            No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
            I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
            even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
            He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

And what if a fight broke out between you and someone else, and the other guy started shooting? I'd feel much safer in a place where guns were outlawed, so even if you do get into a fight, you can get out of it alive!

Comment

And what if a fight broke out between you and someone else, and the other guy started shooting?
                He wouldn't start the fight, see, everyone is armed. ;)

so even if you do get into a fight, you can get out of it alive!
                Yeah, because it's impossible to kill someone with your bare hands. :)

Either way, just because I'd feel safe, doesn't mean you have to. To each their own...
                I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

I was in Apple Valley (Minneapolis suburb) eating at a Hardee's when I was 15... I brought my tray to the trash bin with a half full pop, it fell off and made a popping sound... one guy hit the floor thinking there was a gunshot outside.
                  "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

What if monkeys flew out of your butt? What if. What if. What if.

Here are a few things to chew on:
                    1) Most people that are killed. ie murdered, with out the use of a gun. In the close range shown in the picture a sharp object, blunt object, or even bare hands are just as lethal.It does not matter what object is used, either way you are dead so thinking you can get out alive as long as there are no guns, only shows the insane thinking of gun grabbin' zeolots.
                    2) The proximity and number of guns in any area has a zero relationship with people getting shot. Otherwise being shot at a police station, military compound, shooting range would be a daily occurance and that is just not the case.
                    3) The vast majority of gun owners are law abiding people who do not draw and shoot people no matter how heated the argument might be. However, if some dumb criminal tried to rob the store the crime would be stopped in its tracks. Isn't that what we should be after, reducing crime?
                    Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                      What if monkeys flew out of your butt? What if. What if. What if.

Here are a few things to chew on:
                      1) Most people that are killed. ie murdered, with out the use of a gun. In the close range shown in the picture a sharp object, blunt object, or even bare hands are just as lethal.It does not matter what object is used, either way you are dead so thinking you can get out alive as long as there are no guns, only shows the insane thinking of gun grabbin' zeolots.
                      2) The proximity and number of guns in any area has a zero relationship with people getting shot. Otherwise being shot at a police station, military compound, shooting range would be a daily occurance and that is just not the case.
                      3) The vast majority of gun owners are law abiding people who do not draw and shoot people no matter how heated the argument might be. However, if some dumb criminal tried to rob the store the crime would be stopped in its tracks. Isn't that what we should be after, reducing crime?
                      Agreed.Nicely done sir.
                      "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Nice catch

Comment

Years ago(many years ago,just out of high school )I was in a bank in Phoenix,AZ while on vacation.Being from the Detroit area originally I noticed that there were no security guards in sight.What I did notice was that about half of the customers were openly carrying pistols.Far from making me nervous it made me realize why the bank needed no security guards.
                          "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Who was talking about close range? If I was standing 4 feet away from you and had a gun in my hand and you had none, then it would be far easier for me to blow your brains out with one gunshot than it would to kill you with a bottle or a knife.

The above is obvious. Secondly, the use of a gun requires absolutely no training at all. A child could kill you with a gun, but not with a bottle or a knife.

If they were all the same in terms of lethality, then all the world's armies would still be using knives and clubs.

That's a ridiculous example. Using the same analogy, how about if you were in a mafia den? Or in a ghetto? There are a large number of guns in those places too, and there is a high probability of getting shot.

You have to first learn to distinguish between guns used by officials to maintain law and order, and those used for other purposes.

Nice theory. Unfortunately, it is far from the truth. If that were true, then there wouldn't be any Virginia type of shootings, would there? The students would have just shot dead the crazed gunman as soon as he started shooting at them. Did that happen? No.

You're like the kind of people who believed that the earth was the center of the universe. You can come up with all kinds of nonsensical arguments to support your theories, but you ignore the fact that they never match the reality.

Comment

If that were true, then there wouldn't be any Virginia type of shootings, would there? The students would have just shot dead the crazed gunman as soon as he started shooting at them. Did that happen? No.
                              Sorry guy, the people at VT had their right of self-defence taken from them last year... They didn't have their guns.

Comment

Working...
                              X