Swallows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swallows

Hooray! The swallows are back after wintering in Africa. :) They always return to the old caravan (used as an extra store) where they will make conical mud nests. They will again delight us with their aerobatic mastery. Summer can't be far away.:)
    Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Glyn they have been here in Cheshire for a couple of weeks now. I stand in the garden in the evening and watch them for age, what brilliant Aerobats :) they are. Sometimes I think I hear them laughing with joy

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
      Hooray! The swallows are back after wintering in Africa. :) They always return to the old caravan (used as an extra store) where they will make conical mud nests. They will again delight us with their aerobatic mastery. Summer can't be far away.:)
      Are you saying coconuts migrate?
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
        If they did shouldn't you be there in Britain enjoying the weather by now?;)
        Last edited by Dreadnought; 27 Apr 07,, 20:10.
        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Just back in from gardening. It is been hot and hardly a breeze all day. Now though, in the cooler evening, surrounded by masses of apple blossom the scent is heavenly. :) After years of good crops, last year was a disappointment, but things look promising for this year. The pear blossomed early as well, so fingers crossed.:)

Comment

The house martins came back early this year. It can't be the warm weather, I mean - how can they tell from thousands of miles away. Unless they catch the weather report on a radio. But where would they get the batteries. Maybe they've got one of those wind-up radios. See? -not enough is known about house martins. Except that they keep crapping all over my boat under their nests. In neat large piles. That they know how to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
              If they did shouldn't you be there in Britain enjoying the weather by now?;)
              The correct response should be:

Not at all. They could be carried.
              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by bandwagon View Post
                The house martins came back early this year. It can't be the warm weather, I mean - how can they tell from thousands of miles away. Unless they catch the weather report on a radio. But where would they get the batteries. Maybe they've got one of those wind-up radios. See? -not enough is known about house martins. Except that they keep crapping all over my boat under their nests. In neat large piles. That they know how to do.
                MOVE THE BOAT!!!!

Comment

Or the House

Comment

Originally posted by bandwagon View Post
                    The house martins came back early this year. It can't be the warm weather, I mean - how can they tell from thousands of miles away. Unless they catch the weather report on a radio. But where would they get the batteries. Maybe they've got one of those wind-up radios. See? -not enough is known about house martins.
                    The swallow may fly south with the sun or the house martin or the plover may seek warmer climes in winter, yet these are not strangers to our land?

Not at all. They could be carried.
                    What? A swallow carrying a coconut?
                    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I wrote coNical mud nests, not coMical!

Comment

I know it is summer in Britain when the British of India origin pack BA flights back to the UK, having spent the winter in India! :)

I wouldn't be surprised if they carry coconuts!

They listen to the radio unlike the swallows. :)

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
                          I know it is summer in Britain when the British of India origin pack BA flights back to the UK, having spent the winter in India! :)

I wouldn't be surprised if they carry coconuts!
                          Wait a minute...suppose two swallow carried it together?
                          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                            Wait a minute...suppose two swallow carried it together?
                            \

Then it sure would be summer.

After all, one swallow does not a summer make!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

We have a major migration here in Michigan in the spring also.All our snowbirds(retirees:) )return from their wintering grounds in Florida,Arizona,California and other warm locales.It is obvious when this occurs as the lines at Tim Horton's get crazy and the average traffic speed goes down by 15mph at rush hour.
                              "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                              X