Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote for your favorite model plane!

Dear Members,

After a week of submission, it's time to vote for your favorite model plane!

The entries are:

Robert - Hasegawa 1/72nd Italian Macchi C.202

Nord - Hasegawa 1/48 F-16

Texasjohn - Memphis Bell (B-17 Flying Fortress)

Dalem - Tamiya 1/72 scale P-47
    Robert - 1/72 Macchi C.202
    3.28%
    Nord - 1/48 F-16
    32.79%
    Texasjohn - Memphis Belle B-17
    18.03%
    Dalem - 1/72 P-47
    45.90%
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Shame the Monogram F-19A Specter isnt here.
    DILLIGAF
    K.B. Wilson.

Comment

I HAD to vote for Dale, that plane's just plain awesome ;) .
      Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
      - John Stuart Mill.

Comment

Originally posted by crooks View Post
        I HAD to vote for Dale, that plane's just plain awesome ;) .
        I did too. It's especially awesome when you go back to the original thread and see the detail of the underside of the "Jug". It really makes everything stand out.
        Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
          I did too. It's especially awesome when you go back to the original thread and see the detail of the underside of the "Jug". It really makes everything stand out.
          I agree.

Great work, and the others are good as well.
          Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
          - John Stuart Mill.

Comment

Originally posted by crooks View Post
            I agree.

Great work, and the others are good as well.
            We are truly in a Golden Age of modeling. Kit selection and quality is simply bewilderingly good.

-dale

Comment

Agreed, Dale.

I am currently working on a wood bf-109. I finally figured out how NOT to cut balsa. It's quite a bit more tedious, and precise. It's a flying model, and I am a bit nervous about that!! Not to mention, you have to "make" some of your own parts based on the line drawings!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by texasjohn View Post
                Agreed, Dale.

I am currently working on a wood bf-109. I finally figured out how NOT to cut balsa. It's quite a bit more tedious, and precise. It's a flying model, and I am a bit nervous about that!! Not to mention, you have to "make" some of your own parts based on the line drawings!!!!
                I've done a teensy bit of scratchbuilding myself, parts and whole models, but none of them have to actually fly!

And I have to say that one of the things that ticks me off on my favorite modeling forum, Starship Modeler, is the amount of complaining about the state of the hobby that goes on. Sure, in some ways sci fi modeling has taken it in the shorts recently, but in others it's truly booming, in my opinion.

-dale
                Last edited by dalem; 01 May 07,, 23:10.

Comment

I may end up "glide testing" the beast ( to validate avionics, of course ) rubber band it, and then wuss out of the pee-wee engine, and then make it a static model out of it!

This ought to be interesting!

Sci fi modeling does sound like fun!

Comment

Originally posted by texasjohn View Post
                    Sci fi modeling does sound like fun!
                    It is a hoot, but we have our rivet-counters there as well.

-dale

Comment

B-17... :) memphis belle forever hehe

i dont like modern jet-mambojambo...and macchi and thunderbolt are too little :)
                      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

Been a bit busy lately, but looks like I owe Dale 2 tins of butter cookies now. :) Thanks to everybody for your entries.
                        "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                          Been a bit busy lately, but looks like I owe Dale 2 tins of butter cookies now. :) Thanks to everybody for your entries.
                          Aww man, I liked Nord's F-16. :)

-dale

Comment

I am most impressed by Dales due to the detail in a 1:72 scale model. Well done mate.
                            Originally posted by GVChamp
                            College students are very, very, very dumb. But that's what you get when the government subsidizes children to sit in the middle of a corn field to drink alcohol and fuck.

Comment

Hi all , well nord you would have gotten my vote, but I had to vote for dale because of the scale . Very nice job all.

Comment

Working...
                              X