PDA

View Full Version : Vote for your favorite model plane!

Ironduke
27 Apr 07,, 00:02
Dear Members,

After a week of submission, it's time to vote for your favorite model plane!

The entries are:

Robert - Hasegawa 1/72nd Italian Macchi C.202
http://www.strategicaffairs.org/images/robert.JPG

Nord - Hasegawa 1/48 F-16
http://www.armor.se/images/aircraft/f16/img_0253.jpg

Texasjohn - Memphis Bell (B-17 Flying Fortress)
http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/attachments/modelers-corner/7693d1176844818-4th-wab-modelers-contest-model-planes-memphis_belle_small.jpg

Dalem - Tamiya 1/72 scale P-47
http://www.dmancini.com/pictures/planes/P-47/Picture%20086.jpg

Cutaway
27 Apr 07,, 13:20
Shame the Monogram F-19A Specter isnt here.

crooks
30 Apr 07,, 20:21
I HAD to vote for Dale, that plane's just plain awesome ;) .

RustyBattleship
01 May 07,, 01:44
I HAD to vote for Dale, that plane's just plain awesome ;) .
I did too. It's especially awesome when you go back to the original thread and see the detail of the underside of the "Jug". It really makes everything stand out.

crooks
01 May 07,, 17:44
I did too. It's especially awesome when you go back to the original thread and see the detail of the underside of the "Jug". It really makes everything stand out.

I agree.

Great work, and the others are good as well.

dalem
01 May 07,, 20:41
I agree.

Great work, and the others are good as well.

We are truly in a Golden Age of modeling. Kit selection and quality is simply bewilderingly good.

-dale

texasjohn
01 May 07,, 23:52
Agreed, Dale.

I am currently working on a wood bf-109. I finally figured out how NOT to cut balsa. It's quite a bit more tedious, and precise. It's a flying model, and I am a bit nervous about that!! Not to mention, you have to "make" some of your own parts based on the line drawings!!!!

dalem
02 May 07,, 00:08
Agreed, Dale.

I am currently working on a wood bf-109. I finally figured out how NOT to cut balsa. It's quite a bit more tedious, and precise. It's a flying model, and I am a bit nervous about that!! Not to mention, you have to "make" some of your own parts based on the line drawings!!!!

I've done a teensy bit of scratchbuilding myself, parts and whole models, but none of them have to actually fly!

And I have to say that one of the things that ticks me off on my favorite modeling forum, Starship Modeler, is the amount of complaining about the state of the hobby that goes on. Sure, in some ways sci fi modeling has taken it in the shorts recently, but in others it's truly booming, in my opinion.

-dale

texasjohn
02 May 07,, 04:53
I may end up "glide testing" the beast ( to validate avionics, of course :biggrin: ) rubber band it, and then wuss out of the pee-wee engine, and then make it a static model out of it! :biggrin:

This ought to be interesting!

Sci fi modeling does sound like fun!

dalem
02 May 07,, 19:42
Sci fi modeling does sound like fun!

It is a hoot, but we have our rivet-counters there as well.

-dale

Big K
03 May 07,, 13:39
B-17... :) memphis belle forever hehe

i dont like modern jet-mambojambo...and macchi and thunderbolt are too little :)

Ironduke
06 May 07,, 19:46
Been a bit busy lately, but looks like I owe Dale 2 tins of butter cookies now. :) Thanks to everybody for your entries.

dalem
06 May 07,, 21:35
Been a bit busy lately, but looks like I owe Dale 2 tins of butter cookies now. :) Thanks to everybody for your entries.

Aww man, I liked Nord's F-16. :)

-dale

Repatriated Canuck
27 Sep 07,, 09:06
I am most impressed by Dales due to the detail in a 1:72 scale model. Well done mate.

hobogeo
04 Nov 07,, 01:40
Hi all , well nord you would have gotten my vote, but I had to vote for dale because of the scale . Very nice job all.

thor2006
08 Feb 09,, 13:45
Well all the planes are nice but dales plane are nicer. I also tried modeling when I was younger but I didn't have any success and I can imagine how much work is in each model.
EDIT: Sorry for the bump. Didn't see the last date.

Doomarias
22 Feb 09,, 09:22
nice 1 dale

DragoonGuard
24 Jun 09,, 18:39
The p-47 for me - 1/72 too - excellent work (macci was close)