PDA

View Full Version : Grindhouse

xerxes
16 Apr 07,, 07:32
Anybody watched Grindhouse directed by Tarantino and Rodrigues.

It was very well done. I Recommend. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Parihaka
16 Apr 07,, 08:54

Is that their latest homage to b-grade? The two parter?

Dreadnought
16 Apr 07,, 13:46
Told the mistress Dread if she ever looses a leg like the girl in the movie I have something that is quite comparible and would fit real nicely on that shapely leg.:biggrin:

speedlover1994
16 Apr 07,, 17:36
It was very well done. I Recommend.

You are kidding, right?

It looks terrible to me. But hey, I enjoyed Snakes On a Plane, so I'm not allowed to talk ;) .

sappersgt
16 Apr 07,, 18:34
Told the mistress Dread if she ever looses a leg like the girl in the movie I have something that is quite comparible and would fit real nicely on that shapely leg.:biggrin:

I liked the movie but it helped that I had seen the originals. So who were the babysitters, Tarantino's nieces? :rolleyes:

Rose McGowan was asked if she was worried about her being a "poster girl for amputee fetishes" ."Not a bit", she said.;)

Dreadnought
16 Apr 07,, 18:49
I liked the movie but it helped that I had seen the originals. So who were the babysitters, Tarantino's nieces? :rolleyes:

Rose McGowan was asked if she was worried about her being a "poster girl for amputee fetishes" ."Not a bit", she said.;)

Hmmm not sure about the nieces......:confused:

Hey, shes pretty hot for having that nice lil item strapped to her leg. So much for jealous ex boyfriends.:biggrin:

gunnut
16 Apr 07,, 20:23

You liked that?

I was thinking about watching it, as I'm a big zombie movie fan, but I just can't get myself to spend $10 on a zombie movie.

This movie has huge promotions and good reviews, but the box office receipt doesn't show...so something doesn't jive here.

gunnut
16 Apr 07,, 20:23
You are kidding, right?

It looks terrible to me. But hey, I enjoyed Snakes On a Plane, so I'm not allowed to talk ;) .

Hey what's wrong with Snakes On A Plane? I bought the DVD on the first day.

Dreadnought
16 Apr 07,, 21:00
Hehehehehehe :cool:

sappersgt
16 Apr 07,, 22:00
You liked that?

I was thinking about watching it, as I'm a big zombie movie fan, but I just can't get myself to spend $10 on a zombie movie.

I always ask for the "military" (SADF counts right?) discount and if that doesn't work I ask for my "Future Senior" discount. Hey, I always figured I'd never live long enough to get a senior discount.

Lunatock
16 Apr 07,, 22:40
Saw it once, loved it, will see it again tomorrow. But out of the two main movies I liked Deathproof more.

gunnut
16 Apr 07,, 22:47
Saw it once, loved it, will see it again tomorrow. But out of the two main movies I liked Deathproof more.

Wow that's rare. I heard a lot of people just got up and left after Planet Terror. Even the newspaper review said Deathproof is very slow and deliberate, bordering on boring.

jame$thegreat
16 Apr 07,, 23:38
You liked that?

This movie has huge promotions and good reviews, but the box office receipt doesn't show...so something doesn't jive here.

I saw it last night, if you like zombie movies you will love the first movie. Luckily for you they will be seperating the two movies because critics were saying that no one wants to sit in a movie theater for 3 straight hours for that movie, LOTR sure but not Grindhouse.

I personally didnt like it that much, it wasnt a bad movie but I really wouldnt reccomend going to the movies to see it unless you A) really liky zombie movies or B) have an amputee fetish. However the credits in between the movies are funny and a good time for a bathroom/snack break.

gunnut
17 Apr 07,, 00:49
Hmmm...sounds like a rental so far.

jame$thegreat
17 Apr 07,, 01:56
Hmmm...sounds like a rental so far.

HBO brother, it's cheaper (and free if your already subscribed).

xerxes
17 Apr 07,, 03:56
Is that their latest homage to b-grade? The two parter?

Pari, not only the its two movie in one deal, but it is has great trailers of fake upcoming movies that are utterly hilarious.

You liked that?

Gunnut, it is great movie because it is hommage movie, and me i love those kind of movies that pay hommage. and actually you are watching TWO movies for the price of one. Also, in the second movie (Death Proof) the Sheriff and his son are the characters from the Kill Bill Volume II movie, and they talk exactly the same way. and also in second movie (Death Proof) the scene where the girls are seating chatting is hommage to the begening scene of Reservoir Dogs.

and Death Proof is really good. It is strategically placed as lower-intensity movie much like the Kill Bill volume 2 that lacked the action of the first movie. I thought Death Proof was really good.

jame$thegreat
18 Apr 07,, 22:47
also in second movie (Death Proof) the scene where the girls are seating chatting is hommage to the begening scene of Reservoir Dogs.

:eek: Why didnt I recognize that?? I didn't like Reservoir Dogs that much but it was a decent movie and I didnt catch that.

I LOVED the kiwi.

Lunatock
19 Apr 07,, 07:25
:eek: Why didnt I recognize that?? I didn't like Reservoir Dogs that much but it was a decent movie and I didnt catch that.

I LOVED the kiwi.

Zoe Bell, who was a stunt double on Xena, and Uma Thurman's stunt double in Kill Bill vol. 1 & 2. Cast as herself in Death Proof of course.