Bad Beat Poker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Beat Poker!

I usually try to get in a few hand of Texas-Hold-Em poker on-line a couple of times a week, as I did tonight.
    As a rule I play low stake ($2) single table tournaments with ten players.
    Well in more the forty years of playing poker I’ve never experienced anything like this.
    1st. game had straight, lost out to bigger straight.
    2nd. game had top straight, lost out to flush
    3rd. game had flush lost out to ace high flush.
    Starting to discern a pattern here?
    In a live game I’m sure that I would have been giving both dealer and cards scowling suspicious glances, and wishing I were packing a hog’s leg.
    But never say die!
    4th, game unbelievable!
    Pocket aces, trips on the flop, and two players along for the ride, turn and river didn’t do anything and I saw the hand was mine, went all-in, and they followed. Won and had a nice nest egg!:)
    Couple of hands later, two pair on the flop…looking good, lost to three of a kind. Again a couple of hands later, two pair on the flop this time Kings-Queens - lost to a top straight.
    Wait, it gets worse!!!
    Still had a nice stack from my first win and got pocket sevens, trips on the flop, ended with full house, sevens full of fours, so all-in.
    Good hand?
    Fellow beside me had pocket fours, and with the two on the board I was sent packing.
    Now any reasonably intelligent person would have said enough is enough!
    Did I… well no!
    The last game was going pretty good, down to five players, had a nice stack and…my machine CRASHED!!!
    By the time I got back on line, my stack had been whittled down and I ended out of the money!
    Shut my machine down, brushed my shoulders, and went over to the window opened it and looked up. My friend asked me what was up, I told her, “…that since I didn’t have a bird-of-ill omen squatting on my shoulder, I thought it might be circling my apartment!!!
    When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow. - Anais Nin
Working...
X