This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India?

Is lawlessness quite prevalent in India?

It sure seems so as I have undertaken a review of Indian news of the last couple months.

Or do Indians just, by nature, "tend" to be cold, calculating, lawless, bloodthirsty murderers?

I ask this because of many recent derogatory, unwarranted, unprovoked and unsubatantiated characterizations and stereotypes of Americans by at least one Indian.

Seems to me any Indian who has such thoughts and words for Americans needs to wake up look around at what is going on around them.

Or do Indians like most of the rest-of-the-world blame Americans for all the problems in their country indeed for all the problems of the world?

And therefore need not be held responsible and accountable for their thoughts, words and actions.

I could provide more up-to-date news stories that are equally as blood-chilling. Not only political killings but social, tribal and religious killings as well as other acts of lawlessness and failures of government.

But this one is by far the largest and most brazen "massacre" I came across.

Red terror strikes again: Maoists attack police, slaughter 55
    [ 16 Mar, 2007 0113hrs ISTTIMES NEWS NETWORK ]

RAIPUR: Maoist rebels carried out a massacre early on Thursday morning, killing 55 in Dantewada district in Chhattisgarh — a region where the writ of the government barely runs, a situation that had earlier prompted Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to equate the Maoist threat with terrorism.

After a year’s relative lull, the Maoists gave a grim twist to the ongoing battle between the rebels and security forces, aided by a local tribal militia called Salva Judam, by carrying out this cold-blooded mass murder with grisly precision. They came armed with grenades, petrol bombs, guns and even with generator sets to light up the target area to carry out the deadly operation.

The target was a heavily-fortified police camp. The guerrillas lit the periphery of the security camp with portable gensets, lobbed grenades and set the place ablaze with petrol bombs, leaving more than 55 securitymen dead and 10 others wounded after a three-hour gunbattle. Of the dead, about half are regular security personnel and the other half Salva Judum activists who have now been inducted as special police officers for a monthly pay of Rs 1,500.

Around 2 am, some 400 Maoists raided the camp in Ram Burgi in south Bastar catching 78 police personnel — 23 jawans of Chhattisgarh Armed Force and 55 Salva Judum cadres — unawares. By the time reinforcements arrived, the Maoists had melted into the deep jungles of Andhra Pradesh and Chhattisgarh, taking with them the camp’s armoury.

Inside the camp, the surviving policemen hid themselves amidst strewn bodies. Before fleeing, the Maoists laid rings of landmines around the camp, blocking reinforcements. Home ministry figures show that at least 551 people have been killed in Maoist attacks in the state since January 1, 2006. Of them 316 are civilians, 88 Maoists and 147 security personnel.

The brazen raid highlights the effortlessness with which Maoists can launch huge operations and mobilise hundreds of fighters.

The best efforts of the state and the Union government have come to nought in Chhattisgarh, where Punjab supercop KPS Gill was brought in for his anti-terror skills.

In these areas, officials are so terrified that they don’t travel in government vehicles for fear of attacks and even the most heavily-armed cops hunker down in barricaded compounds after dusk.

Some observers, however, argue that Gill’s presence may have had a salutary effect. The last big attack, after all, was in July last year, when Maoists attacked a Salva Judum camp in Dantewada district killing 32 people. Since then, barring a few minor incidents, Maoists had maintained silence in the naxal-infested state.

The Maoist guns have increasingly turned from police to those civilians they see as collaborators or helpers of the state.

You post a news on the Maoist killing civilians and launch a drivel that Indians are cold, calculative and violent. Since when did Americans start having sympathy for Maoist/Communist, are you one of those veteran hippies The news piece clearly states that it's war between the GOI and the Maoist and thus people are bound to be killed on both sides.

Judging by your standards I would say that Americans are heartless murderers who are responsible for countless murders in Vietnam, Cambodia, Nicaragua, Panama and now Iraq
    Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

LOL, Ricksun, Google lists 73024 news stories on India (for period covering 24 hrs from 4/7/07). How many of them blame USA for India's internal problem? How many of Ray's posts have blamed USA for India's problem?

We take care of our problems ourself, we have done so for the past 60 years without US help, and will continue to do so.

Comment

Yes, India is a lawless country

Yes, the Maoists (virulent Communists) are dead keen to have a Republic of the proletariat. India has to get rid of all types of Communist, legally or by sheer ingenuity enshrined in Macarthyism. A Joe Macarthy, it appears, is the only salvation and he is an icon of true democracy as some believe.

Sadly, there is surfeit of democracy in India wherein Communists are allowed too! And worse still, virulent ones! Extraordinary that India is so wedded to democratic ideals when a dose of draconian laws as is in other countries is what is required. Of course, such laws could be justified for homeland security. Time for the govt to shackle the deviates with some sophisticated snooping and draconian laws that curbs human rights. Can't have this wildness and lawlessness to bog us down. After all, it does make us look bad in front of the world when freedom and democracy are international buzzwords and everything must be done to see that Indians have Freedom from such wild ones who are ruining our democracy!

One wonders if Indians are cold, calculating, ruthless murderers. An interesting thought, no doubt. It is obviously for the media (as was posted) and others to decide. I am of the opinion that Indians, or for that any matter anyone, should not sit smug with the delusion that they are the best and highly moral. All have feet of clay. Human foibles is a phrase in the English language. Obviously, this was not conjured out of the Merlin's hat. It sure must have some basis!

As far as anyone criticising the US and indeed if unsubstantiated, it would be better to take such a person on with facts and debunk his theories. However, one will make no headway if one adopts the "Main dasiya" (I am right because I said so!) line!
        Last edited by Ray; 09 Apr 07,, 05:41.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

My apologies, but very little of a productive nature can come of this thread.
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Working...
          X