Playing opposite 007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing opposite 007

It tends to put one at a disadvantage. Boy or girl, they are always something less. If a bad boy, they may be powerful, but they end up buying it in the end. Red Grant, Oddjob, Stamper, and so forth. If a good boy, they are something less, maybe even portrayed as something of a idiot. Felix, Jack Wade, Luigi Ferrara. If a bad girl, they may be killed, or bedded by 007, converted, then killed. If a good girl, bedded and shown they will never get anywhere in life with James.

Your mission, whether you want to accept it or not, is to play opposite 007. Who are you, who do you work for, what's your orientation, your goal, how do you get James' attention by the short hairs that he is not the world?

Me? I'll get back on that after some thought.
    ----------------------------
    (After Purdey has taken out the enemy with devestating HtH with ballet spins and pointe. "Where did you learn to do that, Royal Commandos?"--Steed
    Shaking her head, "Royal Ballet, they threw me out."
    "What did you do, maim the star during his Pas de deux?"
    "No.... too tall.", (w,stte), The New Avengers "The Eagle's Nest")

As a villain : If I do catch him , can I kill him quickly , or do I really have to explain him my masterplan?
    If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

Oh no, absolute violence is allowed. One of my characters or alter egos, Aja (Ah-JAh) Romanadervunderlundra, in one version, steps out of the shadows, puts a 12 guage off the temple of a rapist and blows him away without a concern for him ....... or the victim under him that he was about to enter.

Why spoil the special moment?
      ------------------------------------------
      (After Zulkovsky uses his last shot in life to shoot at 007 and apparently miss and not at his son's killer, Electkra King. "Zulkovsky must have really hated you."--Elecktra, (w,stte), "The World is Not Enough")

Comment

When Roger Moore played the eponymous hero he claimed that he did all his own stunts, but insisted on a body-double for the torrid love scenes:)
        Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Let's see, for spy things, I'm usually from one of three groups, but some are limited in this application.

Ie, as Cally Tamara Follet, American, I tend to be an older 20's, beautiful but hard as nails brunette which to the world at large could be a hard body model or a sky marshall but in reality is one of 400 KGB agents that never reported back in from the field when the Soviet Union fell. Never reported in, departed with some very advanced technology, and now operates as a criminal cell in LA ........ hence, can't be her since 007 would be gunning for me and it would either be him or me and it just has to be him.

So that leaves me one or the other version of Aja (Ah-JAh) Romanadervunderlundra. In the younger version, I'm 22, brunette like Brooke Langton, super athletic, intelligent, sweet and nice ..... and utterly without conscience. Ie, Aja came out of the shadows, put a 12 guage barrel to the temple of a rapist and blew him away without a thought to him ...... or the victim underneath that he was about to rape ...... just to prove herself worthy to an intelligence agency. Dedicated to right cause, of course........... but Aja makes Miranda Frost look like a brownie.

Version two of Aja is "worse". 4 to 6 years older, she's the female personification of Section One; ruthless, souless, but still on the right side.

ALTERNATELY, when I watch an 007 movie, I usually see myself as someone written into the script by me who is more efficient that James, without the flair, but what the heck! It's a dream, so why not throw in the flare and the imagination?

So new character (sort of):
          Name: Kay Theresa Kelly Tiffaney Lee (KTKT Lee)
          Height: 5' 8"
          Weight: 130 lbs
          Hair: Tawny Blonde, mid back
          Eyes: Green
          Measurements: 36C-24-34
          Nationality: American
          Heritage: Australian-Israeli
          Organization: UNODC (the darker side of it, that is)
          Gun of choice: .45 USP, AR-10 carbine (no surprise there)
          Body Armor: Is known to use body armor from time to time
          Disquises: Is known to use such from time to time
          Recruited from: I’d like to say The Council, but that’s a little too far out there, Dryden Flight Center
          Educational background: standard US schooling, college thru Masters: Rice, aeronautical engineering, minors in life sciences and foreign languages.
          Physical Educational background: Athletic to a T, judo, fencing, marksmanship, dance, penthalon
          Family background: Father was an Israeli pilot, mother was an American desert biologist
          Most outstanding characteristic: KTKT is an excellent actress that can sum up what a person is, what they are thinking within seconds of meeting them, to include ascertaining whether they are an actual threat to her or not. She’ll approach the issue with sweetness of personality, innocence regardless of whatever she was caught doing, and all the guiltless suaveness of an exotic performer. She’s incredibly intelligent, grasps (and uses) new technology instantly, and will probably modify it to push it far past its limits.

Just as she is elegant, so she can be operationally psychotic if there is a need, acting against others without a concern for anyone around them but operating with deadly precision so others aren’t harmed by spillover fire. Further, she can switch so fast from nice to soulless to back to nice that there may not be any change in expression. She’ll forfeit another’s life in the wink of an eye.

Threat to Bond: While Bond womanizes, drinks, and engages in other thrill behavior for what appears to be an operationally short life, KTKT engages in mission and takes the decadent lifestyle on the side with apparent excitement, but it is suspected that internally, there isn’t any connection, any high. In short, she is entirely dedicated to her organization, the mission, but it cannot be ascertained as why she is so dedicated. She just is.

Here is someone who is so efficient in accomplishing the mission without the need to exploit the sidelines ……… but she will exploit those sidelines, even 007, if she believes there is some need to do so.

I’ll decide on the mission later.
          ---------------------------------------
          (“Perhaps we are looking at the wrong agency. Perhaps this man is from their space agency; those are some of their best trained people. Perhaps they sent someone to make a detailed inspection of the MiG-31.”—Intelligence Officer to Colonel Kontarsky, (w,stte), “Firefox”)

Comment

Why not retire to a darkened room, put on your favourite classical music and just rest until the fever abates? :)

Comment

After I catch 007, I will use an excruciatingly slow dipping mechanism to lower him into a pool of acid. After I start the device I will shut the door and assume everything goes according to plan.
              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                After I catch 007, I will use an excruciatingly slow dipping mechanism to lower him into a pool of acid. After I start the device I will shut the door and assume everything goes according to plan.
                Your plan is certainly diabolical, but is it wise?

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                  And right before you start the mechanism, you divulge all the details of your evil diabolical plan, therefore enabling 007 to defeat you more easily once he escapes from your master trap.
                  "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by leib10 View Post
                    And right before you start the mechanism, you divulge all the details of your evil diabolical plan, therefore enabling 007 to defeat you more easily once he escapes from your master trap.
                    Because they do it in the movies ...... but do they really do it in the movies?

Dr. Kananga tells 007 (L&LD) what he is going to do with all those poppies but really, he has stated the goal, not the plan. He says nothing of the transportation or distribution network.

Ernest tells Bond what he has done, what he will do with biological warfare (OHMSS) but while Bond knows what the girls look like, he has to break back in to get the details on where they are.

It seems that in most of the movies where the villian reveals the goal, Bond has already found out most of the plan, either thru detective work or being in the right place at the right time. Sure, Stromberg told him what was going to happen, but after seeing two FBM submarines before meeting him, 007 should have been able to figure most of it out (TSWLM).

And sometimes, there really isn't a plan at all since the movie isn't going that way. Scaramanga really just wanted a monopoly for solar power (and 007's head on the mantlepiece) (TMWTGG); ATACS was stated at the start of the movie; don't let it fall into Soviet hands (FYEO).

Of course, having seen the movies lots of times, my opinion may be jaded because I already know the punch line.
                    --------------------------------------------------
                    ("Ohhh, it seems I judged ole Stromberg too harshly. Any man who drinks Don Perion '59 can't be all bad."--007 with Anya, (w,stte), "The Spy Who Loved Me")

Comment

Working...
                    X