PDA

View Full Version : Vote for your favorite model train!

Ironduke
30 Mar 07,, 23:14
Dear Members,

After a week of submissions, it's now time to vote for your favorite model train set!

The entrants are: RustyBattleship! ;)

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/attachments/modelers-corner/7553d1174974926-3rd-modelers-contest-model-trains-north-end-table-small.jpg
http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/attachments/modelers-corner/7554d1174974926-3rd-modelers-contest-model-trains-south-end-table-cropped.jpg
http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/attachments/modelers-corner/7555d1174974926-3rd-modelers-contest-model-trains-table-lengthwise-cropped.jpg
http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/attachments/modelers-corner/7556d1174974926-3rd-modelers-contest-model-trains-north-end-table-cropped-cops.jpg
http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/attachments/modelers-corner/7557d1174974926-3rd-modelers-contest-model-trains-doodlebug-cropped.jpg
http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/attachments/modelers-corner/7558d1174975085-3rd-modelers-contest-model-trains-p1010077-g-scale-cropped.jpg
http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/attachments/modelers-corner/7559d1174975085-3rd-modelers-contest-model-trains-p1010077-cabooses-cropped.jpg

Ironduke
30 Mar 07,, 23:34
I by no means mean to influence anyones vote, by I have cast my vote for RustyBattleship! :)

dave lukins
30 Mar 07,, 23:41
After sleepless nights and wrestling with my sense of justice I have finally come to a
hard decision..In first place RUSTYBATTLESHIP closely followed by,and I'm sorry to the second placed personage, I have chosen,yes you've guessed it.....RustyBattleship:biggrin:

dundonrl
31 Mar 07,, 00:02
well.. mine/my dad's model train set is covered with plastic models (the layout) but, it's a double loop mainline, with one of the loups going up over the top. HO gauge, on about a 5'x9' frame... no way is it big enough to hold all of the locomotives, much less the cars..

my personal set, is just in a box, and is N gauge, I bought some flex track for it and some switches, and when I get a place to build it, I'll make a small layout to run it on..

Rex

dave lukins
31 Mar 07,, 00:09
RustyB', tell me about that beautiful "Flame Oak" table your display is on..is it a real Oak table? As a French Polisher of yesteryear polished wood,I love!!.....Last pic

Native
31 Mar 07,, 00:13
lol, no wonder no one understands America.

dave lukins
31 Mar 07,, 00:47
lol, no wonder no one understands America.

Native forget the understanding!!! ,Vote man Vote before its to late, it's close so your vote is VITAL to the outcome:biggrin:

Ironduke
31 Mar 07,, 00:53
After sleepless nights and wrestling with my sense of justice I have finally come to a
hard decision..In first place RUSTYBATTLESHIP closely followed by,and I'm sorry to the second placed personage, I have chosen,yes you've guessed it.....RustyBattleship:biggrin:
Imagine the difficulty North Korean citizens face in deciding whom to elect... ;)

Current Tally:

RustyBattleship: 1
RustyBattleship: 5

dave lukins
31 Mar 07,, 01:01
Imagine the difficulty North Korean citizens face in deciding whom to elect... ;)

Current Tally:

RustyBattleship: 1
RustyBattleship: 5

Kim or eeeeerrm Kim:)

RustyBattleship
31 Mar 07,, 02:01
RustyB', tell me about that beautiful "Flame Oak" table your display is on..is it a real Oak table? As a French Polisher of yesteryear polished wood,I love!!.....Last pic

Gee, I hate to dissapoint you but it's just a quarter inch thick sheet of chip board. I started to stain it (for moisture protection) but didn't get very far.

And I love polished wood also as I took up cabinet making after my retirement. Perhaps I should show you how I redid my kitchen in Birch.

Debbie
31 Mar 07,, 05:11

Here I thought I was the only one struggling with this......Am I ever glad that a fellow WABer had the same exact problem. In order to solve my dilemma, I am voting the same as you. Thank you Dave, now I can get some sleep and stop fretting:)

dave lukins
31 Mar 07,, 10:44
Here I thought I was the only one struggling with this......Am I ever glad that a fellow WABer had the same exact problem. In order to solve my dilemma, I am voting the same as you. Thank you Dave, now I can get some sleep and stop fretting:)

Debbie,have just arose from peaceful slumber with mind at rest having chosen Rusty'B as a POSSIBLE winner:rolleyes: I hope your slumber is not disturbed by all the rain you are having in Wisconsin:)

glyn
31 Mar 07,, 10:56
Well WAB, we seem to be unanimous in our opinions. (Certainly I have heard no other contenders names mentioned). I too vote that cRustyBucket gets the Emperor sized tin of biscuits!:biggrin:

Elbmek
31 Mar 07,, 18:43
I have decided, after massively scratching what little brain cells I have left, to vote for

Nobody!!!

Just be be different!!

Anyway, whats the fascination with American puff puffs?? English have sooooo much more character!

RustyBattleship
31 Mar 07,, 19:17
Well WAB, we seem to be unanimous in our opinions. (Certainly I have heard no other contenders names mentioned). I too vote that cRustyBucket gets the Emperor sized tin of biscuits!:biggrin:

I've already given Iron Duke the APO of my friend's daughter who will get more pleasure out of them while she's in Iraq.

T_igger_cs_30
31 Mar 07,, 20:31
Well done RB ....good job

sappersgt
31 Mar 07,, 23:17
It was tied at 6-6 but then I voted for RustyBattleship making it 7-6.:biggrin:

glyn
31 Mar 07,, 23:25
I've already given Iron Duke the APO of my friend's daughter who will get more pleasure out of them while she's in Iraq.

And you, Sir, are a scholar and a gentleman. A 'gallant' of the old school.:)

Ray
31 Mar 07,, 23:58
I liked Rusty's trains.

Has my vote.

Liked his Mother Teresa type of compassion too!

dave lukins
01 Apr 07,, 00:57
It was tied at 6-6 but then I voted for RustyBattleship making it 7-6.:biggrin:

I just feel gutted for the runner up, better luck next time,dont lose heart:biggrin:

dave lukins
01 Apr 07,, 01:02
I think because it was so so close the MODS should call it a draw and send the young Soldier 2 tins so she has enough to share with her friends at arms

T_igger_cs_30
01 Apr 07,, 01:03
I just feel gutted for the runner up, better luck next time,dont lose heart:biggrin:

Its true Dave, you know what they say ...."no one ever remembers who came second" :biggrin:

RustyBattleship
01 Apr 07,, 21:50
And you, Sir, are a scholar and a gentleman. A 'gallant' of the old school.:)

Thank you Glyn. By the way, did you notice the green British locomotive just behind the yellow Ford being chased by the Police?

dave lukins
01 Apr 07,, 22:06
In a word...... NO!!:biggrin:

RustyBattleship
02 Apr 07,, 00:35
In a word...... NO!!:biggrin:

I admit it was not at a good angle being the boiler front only. So I took another pic of it for you folks that fight under the flag of the crosses of St. Andrew and St. George.

Also added one of three of my flatcars carrying three versions of M-3 Lee/Grant tanks. This one is the British version with the larger turret and different sponson boxes.

dave lukins
02 Apr 07,, 19:38
Thanks RustyB' great models!

jame$thegreat
06 Apr 07,, 00:42
It's neck and neck, you might catch up RustyB!:biggrin:

Shuttlecat
07 Mar 08,, 04:25
Oooh, I managed to break the tie. . .

Capsoda
05 Dec 09,, 08:02
I admit it was not at a good angle being the boiler front only. So I took another pic of it for you folks that fight under the flag of the crosses of St. Andrew and St. George.

Also added one of three of my flatcars carrying three versions of M-3 Lee/Grant tanks. This one is the British version with the larger turret and different sponson boxes.

Those Lees and Shermans resin or plastic??? Great collection.

Dreadnought
06 Jul 11,, 16:08
Over the holiday weekend I was out riding in NJ. Found this great 50's Alco Fa-1 (Engine #601) formerly of LIRR off a back road. I'm told the owner has a second one that is currently being restored. Thought I would share with the train enthusiasts.:)