2nd battalion Lancashire fusiliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd battalion Lancashire fusiliers

My Grandad was in the 2nd battalion Lancashire fusiliers and fought back in 1944 at the battle of cassino,does anyone have any good webpages about the history of the regiment?

Originally posted by baz0927 View Post
    My Grandad was in the 2nd battalion Lancashire fusiliers and fought back in 1944 at the battle of cassino,does anyone have any good webpages about the history of the regiment?
    baz just type the Regt onto your search engine on your home page:)

Comment

2nd Battalion Lancashire Fusiliers

I have found this regiment a very difficult battalion to research, my father was at Monte Cassino and I have tried many times to gain some information about it, but not to much avail.

I have some books, letters and postscripts from that time, however pre-Cassino when the battalion came out of Africa is relatively unknown. I know the regiment was comprised of all sorts of people put into differnt groups but other than that I am a bit unsure.

There is a lot more I could put into this but I would really like to know some answers to keep me going.

If you have any info that'd be fantastic, or perhaps an email address I can contact to correspond with you and share information. If there's anything I can help with then I can try with that too.

Comment

Try this:
        The Lancashire Fusiliers [UK]

Comment

Working...
        X