Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

80 Abrams knocked out??? it's a joke right?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80 Abrams knocked out??? it's a joke right?

"Most of the attacks on American forces -- the roadside IEDs, mortar strikes and full-scale assaults -- have been conducted by the mainstream resistance, who are intent on driving out the U.S. They have brought down helicopters, destroyed at least eighty of the Abrams tanks that are the mainstay of the U.S. occupation, and mounted large-scale actions involving scores of fighters, such as the April attacks on the Abu Ghraib prison and at Al Qaim near the Syrian border"

Rolling Stone : The Quagmire
    Last edited by Mick in England; 25 Mar 07,, 10:14.

Originally posted by Mick in England View Post
    Stop critisising your allies you T**T..............get F***ing real...you are as bad as the enemy
    sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

If somebody loses 80 tanks I say somebody's fouling up at the tactical level and I say we should get to the bottom of it, not sweep it under the carpet.
      Bush recently sacked 2 generals,so the brass can't be as perfect as you think, right? Good for him.. :)
      PS if we don't speak out on behalf of the tank crews whose lives are being put on the line, who will? I've been doing it for 30 years whenever I hear of US/Brit troops being needlessly put at risk, and i've had some success..

Comment

If somebody loses 80 tanks I say somebody's fouling up at the tactical level and I say we should get to the bottom of it, not sweep it under the carpet.
        Bush recently sacked 2 generals,so the brass can't be as perfect as you think, right? Good for him.. :)
        PS if we don't speak out on behalf of the tank crews whose lives are being put on the line, who will? I've been doing it for 30 years whenever I hear of US/Brit troops being needlessly put at risk, and I've had some success..
        I guarantee I was a better Tank commander than you....there is no such thing as a 30 year tank commander..............but I do not have to to try and humiliate the guys that are doing it now .............if you are telling the truth about your experience, then do it in a supportive way...........the Abrams is a good tank

PS Also learn to understand the difference between tactical, strategic and logistical
        sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
          I guarentee I was a better Tank commander than you
          He has no military experience Tigger.
          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Oh I'm sorry, is this board only for military or ex-military personnel?

And aren't civilians such as me allowed to criticise military incompetence?

Surely you can't be happy with the fact that 3000 US troops and 80 Abrams have been lost?

Obviously somethings wrong somewhere, so perhaps we should discuss what it is, or is this a girl guides picnic and not a military discussion board?

Oh, by the way I'm a wargamer of many years experience under the fighting name 'Poor Old Spike', below are some of the awards I've picked up over the years.. Tank Combat Badges, General Assault Badges etc..

Hey, we're starting a Tank Combat Trophy Competition soon over at the Fragment Wargame Club, our average age is around 40 (I'm 58) and we're a mixed bunch of lawyers, NASA workers, military reservists, lawyers, doctors, eggheads etc..
            Any of you hotshots care to come over to show us how its done, or do you just talk the talk?.. ;)

Comment

Surely you can't be happy with the fact that 3000 US troops and 80 Abrams have been lost?

Obviously somethings wrong somewhere, so perhaps we should discuss what it is, or is this a girl guides picnic and not a military discussion board?

Oh, by the way I'm a wargamer of many years experience under the fighting name 'Poor Old Spike', below are some of the awards I've picked up over the years.. Tank Combat Badges, General Assault Badges etc..
              Try it for real a^^hole

Hey, we're starting a Tank Combat Trophy Competition soon over at the Fragment Wargame Club, our average age is around 40 (I'm 58) and we're a mixed bunch of lawyers, NASA workers, military reservists, lawyers, doctors, eggheads etc..
              Any of you hotshots care to come over to show us how its done, or do you just talk the talk?.. ;)
              Us hotshots have nothong to prove too you wannabees[/I]
              Night ....oh by the way ........who is on stag ?
              Last edited by T_igger_cs_30; 25 Mar 07,, 11:10.
              sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

This is going nowhere. Calm down Gentlemen, thread locked.
                In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

You know what I was thinking? Between this guys years of wargames & BR's deployment to Lebanon in his Merkava. Here's an old man that Bigross can walk all over for a change.

Comment

Working...
                  X