BROTHERS IN ARMS Road to hill 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BROTHERS IN ARMS Road to hill 30

Anyone into First Person Shooter PC gaming?
    I have been getting back into Brothers in Arms.
    Here are a couple of screen shots.
    Great game.
    Attached Files

I played it, but quit after failing to take Carentain (I know it's spelled wrong) about 30 times.

Comment

I'll have a look at that mission Wraith.
      My favourite mission is "Buying the Farm". Pretty neat game.

Comment

I am into PC shooters, though havent played this latest reincarnation .. there are so many. I am sick of them. But I have seen the real thing up and close. .. no, not the war ;)

When I was in France, I went to Carentin, i didnt see the church, I also visited Omaha Beach, they had a petition to keep the war monument that was on the beach. If you ever go there, you can probably see my name signed, sometimes in summer of 2004. I visited also, Pointe de Hoc, which I believe is US-owned territory in France. There you can see numerous massive holes that 16-inch guns made on D-Day. You can see German bunkers as they were. You can see a monument build for US rangers died that day. You can also see five or six artillery placements, where the Germans supposely kept the old French 155mm guns, which they didnt. (there is mission on that in the game CallofDuty2)

On the small villages around Normandy, I saw many parts of Panther tanks, 88 guns, blockade and bunkers owned by resident there from the war.

Comment

Tried BIA, not a big fan. COD is a much better franchise in my opinion. However, neither can hold a candle to Company of Heroes, which is an RTS, not a shooter. I'm an RTS fan.
          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

I agree with that Gun nut. COD 2 is better than BIA. In fact I have all three of the games you mention.
            I have played COD2 over and over and change to BIA sometimes.
            Company of Heros is the first strategy game I ever bought, being into FPS games normally.
            It is very well done and deserves the 9.2 out of 10 rating. But I found it hard work, constantly moving the mouse to get your view angles. I am yet to finish the game.
            The problem now is that technology has advanced and games coming out now are demanding a hardware upgrade having moved to shader three graphics from the shader one that I have.
            For me to advance to a new game like COD 3 or Crysis, I have to outlay about a grand for upgrades and at the moment I am waiting for prices to come down.
            In the meantime it is a case of playing the old games I have. This includes Far Cry and the IL2 expansion pack flight sim.
            Good gaming mate.

Comment

Just so you know, COD3 will not be on PC. You will need x360 to play that.

For COH, did you know you can double tap "backspace" button to reset your camara angle? It helped me immensely when I play with the camara angles.

I have replayed COH compaign several times to get some of those medals. Then I played it over the network with friends. Multiplayer is so much more fun. Too bad there are only 2 factions. I hope a sequal comes out soon where we can play the Russians and the British, or even Japanese in the Pacific campaign.

Have you tried to turn down all the details on your video to improve performance? I actually have to turn down my video on Supreme Commander so I can play it over the network.

Oh yeah, I don't play fps much because I get motion sickness from them.
              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

No, I didn't know that about hitting the backspace button for the camera angle. I'll try it. It might make a difference that I need to enjoy the game.
                Thanks.

With this new shader technology there is nothing you can do but get ready to spend. I was astounded last week when the new gaming magazine came out . They are now talking about the requirment of 5000 Mhz plus 2000 ram needed. not to mention the video card
                My 3200 Mhz, 1000 ram and Radeon X800 upgrade is only 18 months old.
                I have often said that I think game manufacturers must be in league with hardware to make us keep buying new gear.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                  Just so you know, COD3 will not be on PC. You will need x360 to play that.
                  I've got it. Great game, though personally I believe that COD2 was better. Perhaps I just feel that way because I now know what to expect when playing COD, it no longer has the shock effect of "wow how realistic, I hear bullets whizzing by my head." I love COD3 and if you have xbox360 and don't have it, get it!

(btw the sten in COD3 is great almost as good as the mp44)

Comment

Is that a fact James? It isn't as good as COD2? The way they write it up in the magazines, it's supposed to be really something.
                    I am surprised it isn't adapted for PC. After all you'd think that they would want to sell it any way they can.

Comment

Originally posted by 101st Airborne View Post
                      Is that a fact James? It isn't as good as COD2? .
                      Well imo it didnt move as quickly as COD2. COD2 had me so hooked when I first got it for xbox360 that I played it 3-4 hours a day for an entire week! The game truly had me addicted. COD3 however I never really got hooked to, maybe I just havent had enough time to warm up to it. But as I mentioned it may just be because COD2 blew my mind and I knew what to expect by COD3. 101 dont underestimate it though, it is really great game and if you dont have 360 yet you should pick it up for the other great games it has to offer. Honestly, I loved COD2 and I love COD3 so I doubt I could say one is much better than the other.

One good thing they added to COD3 though is that if a grenade isnt "cooked" (you hold it in your hand for a bit to expend some of the fuse) you can pick it up and throw it back. Really great when you're out of grenades yourself.

(btw i beat COD2 in 5 days at that rate)

Comment

In fact, I couldn't believe the reality of crawling through those pipes at the tractor factory in Stalingrad the first time I did it.
                        COD 2 is a masterpiece. The only thing against it is that it is too short.

Very worried for the future of PC gaming. The hardware upgrades needed to keep up with new games is rediculous.
                        You just get a video card and it is soon in adequate.

Comment

Originally posted by 101st Airborne View Post
                          In fact, I couldn't believe the reality of crawling through those pipes at the tractor factory in Stalingrad the first time I did it.
                          Probably my favorite level, I replayed that level like 5 times.

Comment

Originally posted by jame$thegreat View Post
                            I've got it. Great game, though personally I believe that COD2 was better. Perhaps I just feel that way because I now know what to expect when playing COD, it no longer has the shock effect of "wow how realistic, I hear bullets whizzing by my head." I love COD3 and if you have xbox360 and don't have it, get it!

(btw the sten in COD3 is great almost as good as the mp44)
                            I just bought a 360, but since I burned half a paycheck on it, I'm gonna have to a week or two before i pick up Call of Duty 2.

I beat the first COD on PC and nearly beat COD 2:Big Red One PS2.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith601 View Post
                              COD 2:Big Red One PS2.
                              COD2 for 360 is so much better. You will never want to pick up the controller for Big Red One again.

Comment

Working...
                              X