Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Americans killed by illegal aliens than Iraq war, study says

More Americans killed by illegal aliens than Iraq war, study says

More Americans killed by illegal aliens than Iraq war, study says (OneNewsNow.com)

Illegal aliens are killing more Americans than the Iraq war, says a new report from Family Security Matters that estimates some 2,158 murders are committed every year by illegal aliens in the U.S. The group says that number is more than 15 percent of all the murders reported by the Federal Bureau of Investigation in the U.S. and about three times the representation of illegal aliens in the general population.

Mike Cutler, a former senior special agent with the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (the former INS), is a fellow at the Center for Immigration Studies and an advisor to Family Security Matters (FSM). He says the high number of Americans being killed by illegal aliens is just part of the collateral damage that comes with tolerating illegal immigration.

"The military actually called for the BORTAC team, ... the elite unit of the Border Patrol, to be detailed to Iraq to help to secure the Iraqi border," Cutler notes. "Now, if our military can understand that Iraq's security depends in measure on the ability to protect its border against insurgents and terrorists, then why isn't our country similarly protecting our own borders?" he asks.

"We are now five and a half years, nearly, after 9/11, and yet our borders remain open," the Center for Immigration Studies fellow observes. "We have National Guardsmen assigned on the border, but it turns out they are unarmed," he points out. "Their rules of engagement are very simple: if armed intruders head your way, run in the other direction."

This situation would "almost be comical if it wasn't so tragic," Cutler asserts. "If our borders are wide open, this means that drugs, criminals, and terrorists are entering our country just as easily as the dishwashers," he says.

The report from FSM estimates that the 267,000 illegal aliens currently incarcerated in the nation are responsible for nearly 1,300,000 crimes, ranging from drug arrests to rape and murder. Such statistics, Cutler contends, debunk the claim that illegal immigration is a victimless crime. "Then we even have another problem," he adds, "and that's the Visa Waiver Program."

The federal government's Visa Waiver Program enables nationals of certain countries to travel to the United States for tourism or business for stays of 90 days or less without obtaining a visa. According to the U.S. State Department website, the waiver program was established in 1986 with the objective of "eliminating unnecessary barriers to travel," stimulating America's tourism industry, and allowing the government to focus consular resources in other areas.

Cutler says the U.S. retains the Visa Waiver Program because the nation's travel, tourism, and hospitality industries want America's borders wide open. In other words, the former INS official contends, the nation's security is being compromised in the name of trade.

Lets ban trucks.
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Lets ban trucks.
      You've missed the point. The point is that liberals cry about the poor, underprivelaged aliens who come to the country, but the poor aliens are causing more deaths than Iraq has. And they cry about Iraq killing many people: we're pointing out their hypocrisy.

Illegals have already been banned: hence the term "illegal", so by stating a statistic about trucks, that are legal I might add, is completely irrelevant to the point.
      "I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever."
      - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by ExNavyAmerican View Post
        You've missed the point. The point is that liberals cry about the poor, underprivelaged aliens who come to the country, but the poor aliens are causing more deaths than Iraq has. And they cry about Iraq killing many people: we're pointing out their hypocrisy.

Illegals have already been banned: hence the term "illegal", so by stating a statistic about trucks, that are legal I might add, is completely irrelevant to the point.
        Not at all. I can point to virtually any given thing and many groups, say doctors killing patients i.e. medical misadventure and say it kills more Americans than those killed in Iraq. If the author wishes to denounce illegal immigrants then do so because they are illegal, not some piece that makes it alright to dislike them for some spurious 'moral' reason associated with the troops fighting in Iraq, many of whos parents were 'illegals'.
        Nor do I find any mention of liberals in the article, and I seem to recall this open border policy for the last five and a half years has been under a Republican dominated Senate and Congress, with a Republican President.
        So what exact point am I missing?
        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
          Not at all. I can point to virtually any given thing and many groups, say doctors killing patients i.e. medical misadventure and say it kills more Americans than those killed in Iraq.
          The immigration under debate here is illegal entry; that is entry without any visa or passport. Medical misadventure is also irrelevant because the immigration is questions is, once again, ILLEGAL. Medical misadventures are regretable, but not illegal.

If the author wishes to denounce illegal immigrants then do so because they are illegal
          The author was writing news for a tabloid: it wasn't a columnist. He was merely reporting the news. Though this news might be inconvenient. I believe the point that watchman was trying to make was that liberals cry about it, and he was using the article from the newspaper as an example. What you said has been my point. What I have against illegal immigration is that it is ILLEGAL. A civilized society cannot tolerate it if it's illegal, and so far it's illegal so we have to curb it, then make it so it's not worth their while to come across illegally. And personally, I don't believe in an open-border policy. Athens, and Rome were destroyed by similar problems. Note I didn't say the same problems.

many of whos parents were 'illegals'.
          That's also irrelevant. If their parents were illegal, and their children born in the U.S., then by jus soli, the children are legal, though their parents are not. This also applies to immigrants in the last couple of centuries. Personally, I think that jus soli should be revised to prevent people from coming across the border illegally, and having children.

Nor do I find any mention of liberals in the article,
          Once again, it was just reporting news, and watchman was using it to make a point.-At least that's how I interpret it.

and I seem to recall this open border policy for the last five and a half years has been under a Republican dominated Senate and Congress, with a Republican President.
          First off I'd like to point out that Republican, and Demcorat are irrelevant: it's liberal vs. conservative, and there are many liberals in the Republican party, as well as conservatives in the Democratic party. But I digress.

The current administration, and the former congress was trying to make illegal immigration wither on the vine. And do that buy naturalizing the illegals currently in the country, setting up programs to help them intergrate, while in the meantime securing the border so that it can be regulated, thereby elliminating the problem. And I'd not say there has been an open-border policy: there has been a liberalized border policy that has been tougened recently with the National Guard now patrolling the border, and with a fence building project that the LIBERAL democrats are now trying to repeal.

So what exact point am I missing?
          I already pointed it out.
          "I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever."
          - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

So what we have?
            More Americans killed by illegal aliens than Iraq war.
            (Americans killed in Iraq) < (Americans killed by illegals)
            Pure mathematic task.
            Our wish (?):
            (Americans killed in Iraq) > or = (Americans killed by illegals in USA)
            Two ways of solution:
            1) to close the borders, to ban illegals etc.
            2) to kill more Americans in Iraq.
            Choose the any one, ExNavy!

Comment

to close the borders, to ban illegals etc.
              Who said anything about closing the borders? I just don't want people to enter the country illegally.

By the way, those two things are not the same thing: we've already banned illegals (note, that's why they're ILLEGAL), but legitimate traffic between Mexico, and the U.S. flourishes. One more time: we have banned illegals; that's why they're called ILLEGAL ALIENS.

Choose the any one, ExNavy!
              I'd choose to ban illegals, but of course, that's already been done. Remember, that's why they're called illegal. You give a biased assessment of the situation.
              - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

ExNavy,

OK, I understand your point of view and actually I agree with you about illegal immigration, there is the same problem in Russia, though I don't know how the US situation is comparable with Russia, but here the ethnic criminal groups even provoke interethnic conflicts.
                I'd notice the remarkable point about war in Iraq in this article. It's some indicative feature that the Americans get used to war in Iraq, so they even compare crime rate to this. War in Iraq as a part of US social life. Seems so.

Comment

Of course we've banned illegal immigrants, but we're not doing nearly all we can to deal with them. Being right on the border, I see the effects illegal immigration has on this country first-hand, every day. Hell, I can actually WATCH them come across the border every day of the week, crossing with impunity.
                  "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by leib10 View Post
                    Of course we've banned illegal immigrants, but we're not doing nearly all we can to deal with them. Being right on the border, I see the effects illegal immigration has on this country first-hand, every day. Hell, I can actually WATCH them come across the border every day of the week, crossing with impunity.
                    I understood more resources had been made available to deal with the multitude of illegals, including helicopter patrols and sensors.
                    Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Easiest way is to construct military bases along the US-Mexico border. Our soldiers don't even have to patrol the border. Their mere presence will deter many from crossing.

The months after Bush spoke about "guest worker program" in one of the State of the Union speeches saw a big jump of illegal crossings at the border.

The months after Bush talked about sending the national guards to the border saw a big decrease in illegal crossings.

The perception is far more influential than the actual enforcement.

Military bases/outposts at the border and coverage of them on the news will deter more illegal crossings than extra 10,000 border patrol agents.

Bush tries his very best to seal the Iraq border while leaving the US border wide open.
                      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Working...
                      X