• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deceased Woman Upgraded To First Class

Woman upgraded after dying in coach
    Woman upgraded after dying in economy during flight from Delhi to London
    Reuters
    Updated: 2:49 p.m. CT March 19, 2007
    LONDON - A passenger in first class woke up to a shock when he found himself sitting near a corpse on a British Airways flight, British newspapers reported on Monday.

Paul Trinder, 54, said cabin crew moved the body of the elderly woman from the economy section where she had died after take-off, the Mirror and Sun tabloids said.

"The corpse was strapped into the seat but because of turbulence it kept slipping down on to the floor," Trinder, a businessman, was quoted as saying. "It was horrific. The body had to be wedged in place with lots of pillows."

The woman's daughter was also upgraded and spent the rest of the nine-hour flight from Delhi to London grieving next to her dead mother, the Sun reported.

The Guardian newspaper said the incident happened last week.

British Airways has apologized for any distress suffered, according to the reports. The Mirror quoted BA as saying: "We apologize, but our crew were working in difficult circumstances and chose the option they thought would cause least disruption."
    Linked Here
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

I can't be the only one to have read that and thought,"How ENGLISH!"

Followed by visions of British comedy sketches dancing through my head...
    The black flag is raised: Ban them all... Let the Admin sort them out.

I know I'm going to have the last word... I have powers of deletion and lock.

Comment

I just love the line from the article that reads "...chose the option they thought would cause least disruption."

The least disruption? Really?

They picked up a dead body from coach, carried it to first class (probably having to ask someone from first class to move to the dead womans seat in coach) and then propped the body up with pillows.

That's quite a bit of disruption if you ask me. What an uncomfortable flight that must have been for everyone on that plane...the people in coach that started off near the dead body and the people in first class that were told they were getting a new neighbor for the duration of the flight.

They would have been far better off landing, dealing with the deceased woman and her daughter and then carrying on with the other passengers. I feel bad for the daughter that had to ride alongside her deceased mothers body for 9 hours in a plane.
      "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Originally posted by Horrido View Post
        I can't be the only one to have read that and thought,"How ENGLISH!"

Followed by visions of British comedy sketches dancing through my head...
        "She's dead". "No she's not, she's just resting"
        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

They should of put her in the cockpit...

Comment

Originally posted by Semper Fi View Post
            They should of put her in the cockpit...
            Semper Fi must be young, as I have noticed it is they who are using 'of' instead of 'have'. I find this a very strange example of language change. When did it start? Who can enlighten me?
            Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
              Semper Fi must be young, as I have noticed it is they who are using 'of' instead of 'have'. I find this a very strange example of language change. When did it start? Who can enlighten me?
              :fogeyon:
              Alas within my own lifetime "should have" has become "should've" has become should of. Thus are the joys of a living language.
              :fogeyoff:
              In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

I use should have instead of should of....

You sayin' I'm old?

;)

Comment

[QUOTE=THL;357151]I use should have instead of should of....

You sayin' I'm old?

As you are almost certainly half my age or less THL, I should say not! I will say that your grammar and spelling are of a high order:)

Comment

I must say - the procedure the airline followed for the dead woman was most proper. I also have British comedies going through my head ---
                    Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                      :fogeyon:
                      Alas within my own lifetime "should have" has become "should've" has become should of. Thus are the joys of a living language.
                      :fogeyoff:
                      The language may be living but the spelling is dying:) It is a different language again when my Grandkids Text me Sad thing is I'm begining to use it myself!!

Comment

I agree. I can't stand people using "should of" instead of "should have." I think they assume "should've" is "should of" by the sound.

Proper grammar is important. You will never see me use "my bad" when I mean "my fault" or "my mistake."

There are too many other examples. I don't think people want to hear me rant for the next half hour.
                        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                          I agree. I can't stand people using "should of" instead of "should have." I think they assume "should've" is "should of" by the sound.

Proper grammar is important. You will never see me use "my bad" when I mean "my fault" or "my mistake."

There are too many other examples. I don't think people want to hear me rant for the next half hour.

Oh, but I do!

Comment

Hoo kares! Warry abaut youre own grammer, Glyn.

Comment

Originally posted by Semper Fi View Post
                              Hoo kares! Warry abaut youre own grammer, Glyn.
                              Do you think I've not got enough to worry about already?

Comment

Working...
                              X