PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys want to see something really funny

xerxes
17 Mar 07,, 00:34
Do you guys want to see something really funny ..

YouTube - War on Iran (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvxR933rvwY&NR)

I dont know who made this .. but I am sure it will amuse the WABers here

texasjohn
17 Mar 07,, 03:34
Yes, a very amusing animation for sure. But more like a wet dream.:)

btw, where did the Russian carrier come from?:rolleyes:

I also remember during the 1st Gulf war, hearing about Saddam's " formidable war machine", and "elite Republican Guard" etc.

It was a 100 hour war I believe!!

wkllaw
17 Mar 07,, 03:35
That video was ridiculous. It was still kind of funny.

xerxes
17 Mar 07,, 05:40
Yes, a very amusing animation for sure. But more like a wet dream.:)

btw, where did the Russian carrier come from?:rolleyes:

I guess you just MISSED the whole point of this thread. That was my point. Get it? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I also remember during the 1st Gulf war, hearing about Saddam's " formidable war machine", and "elite Republican Guard" etc.

It was a 100 hour war I believe!!

Perhapes, you also remember that it was your own government that spawn those images of dreadfull Republican Guards. Do you also remember that the so-called 4th World Largest Army that DoD PR department created in order to give the fight the image of an iconic moment in US military history: The clash of titans. Just like today, the propoganda machine is trying to paint in image of Iran as being a nation that could actually harm Israel. I feel sort of bad for you guys. You guys first make your own propoganda, then you actually believe it so bad, that you accuse the other side of spawning it from the begening.

highsea
17 Mar 07,, 05:45
Xerxes- have you read Cobra II?

I think it would open your eyes on just what our government thought and didn't think. It has for me.

I didn't watch the utube vid cause my computer is weak, bit I think I get the drift...

Seriously, dude- read the book. You'll see how screwed up we are from our own perspective.

xerxes
17 Mar 07,, 06:03
Xerxes- have you read Cobra II?

I think it would open your eyes on just what our government thought and didn't think. It has for me.

I didn't watch the utube vid cause my computer is weak, bit I think I get the drift...

Seriously, dude- read the book. You'll see how screwed up we are from our own perspective.

Highsea, ... I was refering to the FIRST gulf war, when the name 4th largest army was used almost everyday in the media, not the SECOND gulf war. About the book, infact, I have bought the book just few days ago for 21 CAN Dollars. I am at page 46. I never buy books, but read very large number of them by borrowing from my university library. I only bought this book, because of the recommendation at this website, and because it was unavailabe elsewhere. Though, I doubt It is gonna reveal anything completely-extraodinary that I dont know about it. But, I will reserve final judjement till I finish the book.

I was following the war pretty closely when it broke out back in spring 2003. It was a rare moment in history - in my lifetime - to be able to witness this LIVE. Therefore, I watched the whole thing pretty closely, uptill when they topple Saddam statue in Baghdad. After, that I lost intrest and work on exams. I actually remember that back then I was doing my bachelor in engineering, and I had huge exam in Control Systems.

About the video, though its well created, its like a wargame type scenario between Iran and US, where the user (player) use cheat codes to beat the States. :) ..

highsea
17 Mar 07,, 06:40
Xerxes- I wasn't trying to be critical. I also remember the first gulf war. I was in my mid-30's, and I was thinking 'hell, 'bout time".

I am not done reading Cobra II, I am about 3/4 done. And the more I read, the more pissed off I get. And I know it was written from a perspective that is very anti-war, anti-US, anti-Pentagon. But taking that into consideration, it's still a pretty damn good snapshot of the war from the US perspective.

I know my country's leaders are not infallible- And we have made some horrible choices. But we will work through them, as we always do. In the end, we will have learned from the experience. And we will make the effort not to repeat bad mojo, because we are assholes, and contrary to what you may think, we are our own biggest critics.

About the video game- I'm glad you told me, since I don't have time for that sort of thing. ;)

Sorry- that was a little rambulatory, which is what happens when you mix Canadian Whiskey with Canadian Iranians and Alaskans. :redface:

xerxes
19 Mar 07,, 00:02
In the end, we will have learned from the experience. And we will make the effort not to repeat bad mojo, because we are assholes, and contrary to what you may think, we are our own biggest critics.

I believe you. Us Iranians, we are also our own biggest critics. Speaking of my own immediate familly, they are extremely anti-islamic regime, we consider A-jad as funny man that makes us laugh, and we are always having a big laughs when he opens his mouth.

A-jad has this Iranian characteritics of talking tough to someone who is stronger, but projected on an international arena. For example, in Iran, if a strong guy insults a small kid just a bit, the small kid will get really angry and threatens to kill him, eventhough that is absolutly impossible. A-jad has this characteritics projected into international level, which is really dangerous, but yet, we, Iranians are the only that can get his off-hand remarks and are amuzed by it. :biggrin:

texasjohn
19 Mar 07,, 17:13
Some Iranian staff members at our campus have also mirrored your sentiments. If A-jad is not really that popular, why do the powers that be allow him to keep running his mouth? All he is doing is fanning the flames and Iran is paying as a result.

xerxes
19 Mar 07,, 17:37
There is something that most people havent notice about Iran's byzantine politics is that ... the election of Ahmadinejad to the presidency was a vicotry of the Sepah faction, over the moderate, reformists and as well as mullah. Ahmadinejad is a face. But conterarly to the belief that he is a face to the Mullah, he is rather the face to the people of Sepah: the Revolutionary Guards, intelligence and veterans of the Iran-Iraq War. These people they all served in the Iran-Iraq War, they all have scare or two or dead familly member, they are part of the "Old Guards", a defacto familly that might have very well decided that a short war would not be bad. Ahmadinejad is a face to them (the military and intelligence), not the Mullah themselves. But for some reason people just love to say that A-jad was groomed and handpicked by Khomeini - everybody's favorite mullah. and that he doing their bidding and getting the nation ready for Doomsday. That is quite wrong. Mullahs, with a few exceptions, are skilled negotiaters disguised as honest relgious figures, and by the way there many Mullahs that are in heart great people and ofcourse in 1979 they refuse the power that was given to them by Khomeini. A mullah "skilled negotiater" is by definition someone who would negotiate to keep his power rather then a being a fanatic (Ahmadinejad et al.) who will fight for it.