This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thailand...TOLD YOU SO!

I encourage all WAB to see what Islam intends for your land. Listen up UK, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Russia, America, Canada.....................

Islamic countries are great fun! Enjoy! You could be next in Muslim Festivities.

Thailand insurgency may have links to the broader world of radical Islam - International Herald Tribune

It's time to pool/pull our collective efforts to stop Islamic FUN-damentalism

IVAN
    Last edited by brokensickle; 12 Mar 07,, 18:38.

Originally posted by brokensickle View Post
    I encourage all WAB to see what Islam intends for your land. Listen up UK, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Russia, America, Canada.....................

Islamic countries are great fun! Enjoy! You could be next in Muslim Festivities.

It's time to pool/pull our collective efforts to stop Islamic [U]FUN [/Udamentalism

IVAN

Your brain isn't working. People have to establish their own governments. Let people decide on what they should have as a government. The only thing you should press onto people is the success of their government.

Honestly I don't care about having another Pakistan, since Pakistan is only Islamic in name.
    Last edited by Timeseer; 12 Mar 07,, 18:39.

Comment

Honestly I don't care about having another Pakistan, since Pakistan is only Islamic in name.
      No shyt sherlock, care to explain why Osama and Mulla Omar are hiding in Pakistan
      Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

And after the govt rules with "medival laws:, things will happen like "this".

Welcome to Malaysia, a progressive First world Country

Comment

Pakistan is Islamic only in name and that name is Hudood and Sharia and the blasphemy laws!

Tanzir?

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by 667medic View Post
            No shyt sherlock, care to explain why Osama and Mulla Omar are hiding in Pakistan
            Their not hiding in official Pakistan. Their hiding in Waziristan which can be viewed as an entirely seperate country. Since the president of Pakistan needs permission to enter Waziristan.

But seriously, the rest of Pakistan is highly federa like India.

Originally posted by Ray View Post
            Pakistan is Islamic only in name and that name is Hudood and Sharia and the blasphemy laws!

Tanzir?
            I mean the name of the country is the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
            Last edited by Timeseer; 13 Mar 07,, 01:39.

Comment

Since your talking about brains....

Originally posted by Timeseer View Post
              Your brain isn't working. People have to establish their own governments. Let people decide on what they should have as a government. The only thing you should press onto people is the success of their government.

Question: What do you call a military coup?

Answer: A sudden, forceful stroke in politics; especially, the sudden, forcible overthrow of a government.

The people's government was taken over by Islamic Fundamentalist, their weren't given a choice. The decision of the people was not considered hence the military coup.

My brain is working just fine.

IVAN

Comment

Answer: A sudden, forceful stroke in politics; especially, the sudden, forcible overthrow of a government.

The people's government was taken over by Islamic Fundamentalist, their weren't given a choice. The decision of the people was not considered hence the military coup.

IVAN

If your reference here is to Thailand then your brain is in VERY serious trouble. I'll leave Pakistan to others.
                sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                  If your reference here is to Thailand then your brain is in VERY serious trouble. I'll leave Pakistan to others.
                  ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????

READ THE NEWS. I do not understand your statement. This thread is about Thailand being overthrown by Islam. Refer to link provided at beginning of this thread.

Thailand insurgency may have links to the broader world of radical Islam - International Herald Tribune

Vanya

Comment

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????

READ THE NEWS. I do not understand your statement. This thread is about Thailand being overthrown by Islam. Refer to link provided at beginning of this thread.

Vanya

You have no idea what you are talking about. Try reading more widely & actually talking to some Thais.

The coup was led by a group of generals, one of whom is Muslim. he isn't exactly a radical - he is a career soldier who served with Thai forces in Vietnam.

The coup was mostly about internal Thai politics. The incumbent (Thaksin) was notoriously corrupt. In addition, he had begun to interfere with independent political institutions designed to oversee governments in general & elections in particular. Thaksin's mishandling of the insurgency in the South was an issue, but a minor one.

The coup was blessed by the King. If you don't understand the significance of this then you shouldn't be posting on the topic of Thailand at all. The King isn't just loved in Thailand, he is revered, virtually worshipped. This isn't because people are told to, it is because he is seen as the guardian of the nation & protector of the people. It was he who is credited with sending the Army back to the barracks in the 70s & establishing democracy. There have been other coups, and on other occasions the King has ordered the military back to the barracks. To refuse this order would probably result in a national uprising against the military. Unless the King has suddenly decided to embrace radical Islam then no coup on earth coup install it in Thailand.

The uprising in the South is a local phenomenon fuelled by historical grievences. It is as much ethnic as it is religious. Have some of the more radical elements had overseas training? Yes. No news there. Is this an issue outside the far South of Thailand? no. For the unfortunates in the three southern provinces this is an extremely nasty business. For the rest of Thailand it is a distraction, not a threat.

How do I know all this?

1) I read widely, not just articles by alarmists pushing the 'Islam is going to take over the world' line.
                    2) I talk to people who know about Thailand - including a former lecturer of mine who is an expert in Thai history & who speaks & reads Thai fluently.
                    3) I travel to Thailand & talk to people there. I have been twice since 2000 & am going again in 2 weeks.
                    4) I talk to Thais in Australia. A good friend & work colleague of mine is Thai. His parents are both involved in politics in Thailand. His father ran for parlaiment in the last national elections. He & his mother are Thaksin supporters. He is unconcerned about the Muslims in the south. He was concerned about the coup setting back the cause of political modernisation in Thailand, but no more than that.

If you think you know more than these good folk you are welcome to challenge their expertise. Otherwise I suggest you stick to areas you know a bit more about.
                    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

You have no idea what you are talking about. Try reading more widely & actually talking to some Thais.

The coup was led by a group of generals, one of whom is Muslim. he isn't exactly a radical - he is a career soldier who served with Thai forces in Vietnam.

The coup was mostly about internal Thai politics. The incumbent (Thaksin) was notoriously corrupt. In addition, he had begun to interfere with independent political institutions designed to oversee governments in general & elections in particular. Thaksin's mishandling of the insurgency in the South was an issue, but a minor one.

The coup was blessed by the King. If you don't understand the significance of this then you shouldn't be posting on the topic of Thailand at all. The King isn't just loved in Thailand, he is revered, virtually worshipped. This isn't because people are told to, it is because he is seen as the guardian of the nation & protector of the people. It was he who is credited with sending the Army back to the barracks in the 70s & establishing democracy. There have been other coups, and on other occasions the King has ordered the military back to the barracks. To refuse this order would probably result in a national uprising against the military. Unless the King has suddenly decided to embrace radical Islam then no coup on earth coup install it in Thailand.

The uprising in the South is a local phenomenon fuelled by historical grievences. It is as much ethnic as it is religious. Have some of the more radical elements had overseas training? Yes. No news there. Is this an issue outside the far South of Thailand? no. For the unfortunates in the three southern provinces this is an extremely nasty business. For the rest of Thailand it is a distraction, not a threat.

How do I know all this?

1) I read widely, not just articles by alarmists pushing the 'Islam is going to take over the world' line.
                      2) I talk to people who know about Thailand - including a former lecturer of mine who is an expert in Thai history & who speaks & reads Thai fluently.
                      3) I travel to Thailand & talk to people there. I have been twice since 2000 & am going again in 2 weeks.
                      4) I talk to Thais in Australia. A good friend & work colleague of mine is Thai. His parents are both involved in politics in Thailand. His father ran for parlaiment in the last national elections. He & his mother are Thaksin supporters. He is unconcerned about the Muslims in the south. He was concerned about the coup setting back the cause of political modernisation in Thailand, but no more than that.

If you think you know more than these good folk you are welcome to challenge their expertise. Otherwise I suggest you stick to areas you know a bit more about.
                      Good post.

The thais take the sentiments of the king very seriously, which among other things have led to the lèse majesté law under which a swiss national was recently charged with insulting the monarch (probably soon to be dropped, as they have been in the past).
                      "Just another brick in the wall."

Comment

I'm sorry but Pakistan is more of a Fedaral Government than it is an Islamic Government. The only thing primarily Islamic are the tribes that are made as an exclusive zone of Pakistan.

Sure it is. Its probably even more messed up since the rest of you assumes it be fine. Or perhaps being that messed up is normal for you. I'm just kidding, no punt intended. But its probably still just a glitch... in the system. ;)

Comment

[QUOTE=Timeseer;354692]I'm sorry but Pakistan is more of a Fedaral Government than it is an Islamic Government. The only thing primarily Islamic are the tribes that are made as an exclusive zone of Pakistan. QUOTE]

Oh? We are talkiing about the same Pakistan are we not?
                          I was under the distinct impression that it was called the "Islamic Republic of Pakistan", capital:Islamabad, aka land of the pure i.e for Muslims (partitioned from India). It has sharia law and all the other such perks of an "islamic" republic.

The fact that it is federal doesn't make it less islamic.

Or perhaps I've been misinformed?
                          "Just another brick in the wall."

Comment

Originally posted by Timeseer View Post

I mean the name of the country is the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
                            The soul is pure and unmitigated Islam!

And damn you, if you are not a follower of Islam!

That be what is the beautiful land of Islam - Pakistan!

And what is more - Sunni Pakistan!

Are you aware a Sunni dead is costlier than a Shia dead?

In any sectarian violence, the Sunni compensation is more than the Shia one (enough threads on WAB).
                            Last edited by Ray; 14 Mar 07,, 11:06.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

How do I know all this?

Trifle arrogant, what?

To be frank, we are not all frogs in the well.

One also travels to Thailand and it may not be for sex of all varieties, if you will!

One also reads. All are not total illiterates and graduate of madrassas if you will once again!

What you have written is old hat and it has been reproduced on the WAB well before you attempt to enlighten us.

Come up with something new and startling if you don't mind!

Australian, aren't you?

Can't blame you? Howard is your icon. A one generation from the plough type and a self proclaimed knowall!

It would have been better if you addressed the issue and rebutted it with facts and figures (would have been educative to quite a few) rather than giving vent to your spleen and doing a self praise!

Jan,

Calling Pakistan the Land of the Pure is banned on this forum, even if it means so!
                              Last edited by Ray; 14 Mar 07,, 11:21.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
                              X